PDA

View Full Version : Just to Clarify...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-21-2009, 12:05 PM
http://blogs.abc.com/livefromla/images/2008/02/26/barney_2.jpg

"I love Jew, Jew love me, we're a happy family. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to Jew, won't Jew say Jew love me too?"

:)

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Did that other thread have to go away???

Ranger Mom
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Unfortunately...yes!!:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Yes, it is stored in the part of the forum that houses all of the things that are good and fun on this message board.

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I guess it's the same place thought provoking and spirited but respectful threads go as well.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I guess it's the same place thought provoking and spirited but respectful threads go as well.

I think your whole position is a bit misguided. True, my joke was in poor taste, but everybody knew that it was just that, a joke. I'm assuming you're talking about the young man from La Vega being arrested again, but if you haven't witnessed it already, some posters on here cannot refrain from derogatory statements towards a high school student. The fact of the matter is he is still a high school student and this isn't a place that promotes or facilitates that sort of thing. It isn't that you specifically don't have the capacity of being respectful, it's the fact that other cannot. That's why we don't have political discussions. That's why we can't talk about specific college football teams. The maturity level and understanding of what is appropriate and respectful among many of the adult posters on here is very low. I know that sounds ironic considering how I can be immature at times, but I know when to be mature and respectful of other people, and that isn't something that many people have going for them and that's why this place is the way it is now.

Bullaholic
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think your whole position is a bit misguided. True, my joke was in poor taste, but everybody knew that it was just that, a joke. I'm assuming you're talking about the young man from La Vega being arrested again, but if you haven't witnessed it already, some posters on here cannot refrain from derogatory statements towards a high school student. The fact of the matter is he is still a high school student and this isn't a place that promotes or facilitates that sort of thing. It isn't that you specifically don't have the capacity of being respectful, it's the fact that other cannot. That's why we don't have political discussions. That's why we can't talk about specific college football teams. The maturity level and understanding of what is appropriate and respectful among many of the adult posters on here is very low. I know that sounds ironic considering how I can be immature at times, but I know when to be mature and respectful of other people, and that isn't something that many people have going for them and that's why this place is the way it is now.

O.k., BBDE---what do you want changed? But remember, you have to be respectful when talking about it.

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k., BBDE---what do you want changed? But remember, you have to be respectful when talking about it.

I'm not sure he wants anything changed. I drug him into a discussion that really didn't have anything to do with him or the joke he made. It's more about what's appropriate and what's not on the board. It's very frustrating to me that so many things that MIGHT upset the balance of the 3A downlow are struck down while some things are left to fly. It's become such a sterile environment in some regards. I hate it because this board has a lot of solid respectable people and I would love to hear their opinions on a variety of matters even if (ESPECIALLY IF) I disagree. Just seems like we're amputating a leg to cure the ankle sprain.

Bullaholic
01-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure he wants anything changed. I drug him into a discussion that really didn't have anything to do with him or the joke he made. It's more about what's appropriate and what's not on the board. It's very frustrating to me that so many things that MIGHT upset the balance of the 3A downlow are struck down while some things are left to fly. It's become such a sterile environment in some regards. I hate it because this board has a lot of solid respectable people and I would love to hear their opinions on a variety of matters even if (ESPECIALLY IF) I disagree. Just seems like we're amputating a leg to cure the ankle sprain.

Well, since you answered, here's my take on it, SWMustang. The activity of the 3ADL is much like a football game---some play, some come to watch. When a fight breaks out between two players on the football field, the refs are usually pretty quick to control it before both benches empty and they lose control and the enjoyment of the game goes away for everybody. I think the rules of the board and the actions of the mods work much the same way, and I think that this board has endured when many have failed, because of those policies. It has been my observation that in past history, threads which are "borderline" topics have been allowed to continue as long as the discussions have remained civilized. If posters would learn to address their heated, personal comments in PM's, I think there would be a lot more extended discussions from those you would enjoy seeing more. Experience has shown that certain low-flashpoint topics such as race, religion, or politics will without fail, sooner or later, cause a breach of the threshhold of board rules by someone.

Ranger Mom
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
It also depends a lot on what mod happens to see it too.

I know some of you think we are "inconsistent"....we are all 3 VERY consistent in what triggers us....the same thing doesn't trigger us though.

Example: LHPM and myself were in the chat on the night that Obama won the election...the topic turned to that event, as we knew it would.

Deb and I decided that as long as it stayed civil we would allow it. Frankly, we were both curious as to what others thought, and I gained a lot of insight myself that night.

P4S came in later and was shocked at what we were talking about....so much so that she decided to leave and come back later....that is how much she cannot STAND political talk.

What was the correct choice??

We all have things that we don't like in varying degrees....and some things I may not see a big deal in where one or both of the others might be greatly offended.

We do the best we can with 3 different personalities.

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I know some of you think we are "inconsistent"....we are all 3 VERY consistent in what triggers us....the same thing doesn't trigger us though.

Example: LHPM and myself were in the chat on the night that Obama won the election...the topic turned to that event, as we knew it would.

Deb and I decided that as long as it stayed civil we would allow it. Frankly, we were both curious as to what others thought, and I gained a lot of insight myself that night.

P4S came in later and was shocked at what we were talking about....so much so that she decided to leave and come back later....that is how much she cannot STAND political talk.

We all have things that we don't like in varying degrees....and some things I may not see a big deal in where one or both of the others might be greatly offended.

Different personalities? I thought we were all sheeple?:confused:

Yes, that's all I have to add to this thought provoking thread.:nerd: :)

Ranger Mom
01-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Different personalities? I thought we were all sheeple?:confused:

Yes, that's all I have to add to this thought provoking thread.:nerd: :)

Y'all ARE sheeple!!

I'm talking about me, Deb and Rita!!:crazy:

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I really appreciate the insights from both of you - RM and Bullaholic. How about a "smackotorium" section where restrictions are loosened up just a bit? If you're easily offended don't go in there.

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Y'all ARE sheeple!!

I'm talking about me, Deb and Rita!!:crazy:

Touchet..:doh: :D

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 02:48 PM

I am SHOCKED & DISMAYED that you brought this back up again. I will now go pout some more!

:D :D

Bullaholic
01-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I am SHOCKED & DISMAYED that you brought this back up again. I will now go pout some more!

:D :D

You pout about like Ray Lewis does floral arrangements. :D

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 03:33 PM
You pout about like Ray Lewis does floral arrangements. :D I think I should/am suppose to be offended by this, let me check with some of our members and get back to you, mkay? ;)

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
I think I'm should/suppose to be offended by this, let me check with some of our members and get back to you, mkay? ;)

too late I'm offended. go ahead and lock it down.

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
too late I'm offended. go ahead and lock it down. you don't know what you are talking about. do you?

please tell me you GET that

Bullaholic
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I think I'm should/suppose to be offended by this, let me check with some of our members and get back to you, mkay? ;)

No offense inteded at all, P4S---I'm just saying that you may do many things, but I can't see pouting being one of them. Let me know how the "PC" poll on this comes out because I also know how much you worry about being "PC". :D

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 03:38 PM
No offense inteded at all, P4S---I'm just saying that you may do many things, but I can't see pouting being one of them. Let me know how the "PC" poll on this comes out because I also know how much you worry about being "PC". :D on any given day

we all make mistakes

or so i've heard

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 03:43 PM
you don't know what you are talking about. do you?

please tell me you GET that

Oh, I get it Rita. You're making fun of those that bring respectful discourse to the board - if it doesn't "jive" with your personal beliefs.

ronwx5x
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
on any given day

we all make mistakes

or so i've heard

The one exception being Emerson, according to his sig.;) :inlove:

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh, I get it Rita. You're making fun of those that bring respectful discourse to the board - if it doesn't "jive" with your personal beliefs.

:doh:

actually no, that was just a line from No Country for Old Men

DDBooger
01-21-2009, 03:50 PM

actually no, that was just a line from No Country for Old Men Shugar!(sp) great villain!
Coen bros.=Genius

Bullaholic
01-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Shugar!(sp) great villain!
Coen bros.=Genius

The incredible part about "No Country..." that got me was that the bad guy, Shugar, never got his in the end.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Y'all ARE sheeple!!

I'm talking about me, Deb and Rita!!:crazy: BAAAAAHHH!!! Tell me what I need to post in my next thread!!! BAAAAHHH!!! :D

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 03:56 PM
The incredible part about "No Country..." that got me was that the bad guy, Shugar, never got his in the end.

It's Chigurh (I looked it up :nerd: ) and I know or that he wasn't the one to kill
Llewelyn, but I loved this movie! and booger...i agree coen brothers are AWESOME

DDBooger
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM
The incredible part about "No Country..." that got me was that the bad guy, Shugar, never got his in the end. well, he got into a bad accident lol. bout it. Not being from West Texas, I wonder if those from there felt they captured it by the scenery, setting, casting and characters.

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM

actually no, that was just a line from No Country for Old Men

and it had no other meaning - whatever! :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM

In all honesty, before I did want some things to change, yes. I do think that sometimes, like SWMustang, we are trying to cut off a leg to cure an ankle sprain, but at the same time, I understand why they are doing it. I've been here long enough to know what buttons to push and which ones to stay away from. I am respectful for the most part, but I can be scathing towards those who disrespect me. I try to treat everybody fairly and respect their ideas and their opinions and keep an open mind about things. I think that what the main problem we have here is that there are many adults who refuse to listen to what others have to say and use the, "I'm old and set in my ways" as an excuse to be closed, and sometimes narrow, minded. I think the biggest problem that we have is with the posters and not the moderators just based on that invariable fact there.

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
well, he got into a bad accident lol. bout it. Not being from West Texas, I wonder if those from there felt they captured it by the scenery, setting, casting and characters.

It looked just like they filmed the entire movie in old and run
down Monahans.:thinking:

DDBooger
01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It looked just like they filmed the entire movie in old and run
down Monahans.:thinking: think it was set in in early 80s. the movie eventually moved to Del Rio and Ocuna

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
think it was set in in early 80s. the movie eventually moved to Del Rio and Ocuna

Monahans IS still in the eighties.:D

I figured it was filmed somewhere around El Paso. I've never been to
Del Rio. I wonder if the scenery is the same.:thinking: