PDA

View Full Version : Roads

bearcat1
12-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Just wanted to tell everyone to be careful on the roads during New Years, esp. if it is drizzly and cold. We had an accident Saturday night around 2am in which J2K's car went spinning around on I-20 and we ended up hitting the concrete wall. It is supposed to be raining again on new years, but we are not leaving the house! So everyone who is going to be driving around be careful.

bc

sinton66
12-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Ice is very dangerous and difficult to drive on, especially in Texas since so few Texas drivers have any experience at all driving on it. Most accidents on ice happen because nearly everyone tries to over correct for a slide. On ice, your steering corrections must be very small and controlled. The best advice is that if you must drive on it, slow WAY down. Anything over 20mph on ice is taking a chance on your life. Remember, brakes don't stop anything on ice.

BC, I hope you and J2K are both okay. Sorry to hear about the accident.

bearcat1
12-30-2003, 09:45 PM
sinton66:

BC, I hope you and J2K are both okay. Sorry to hear about the accident.We are fine he did a really good job of preventing it from becoming a serious situation, although his car is all torn up now. I panicked and covered my eyes, luckily he didn't have the same reaction.

bc

kaorder1999
12-31-2003, 02:28 AM
hey...glad yall are ok

kaorder1999
12-31-2003, 02:26 PM
j2k...u out there? havnt talked to you in a while...