PDA

View Full Version : super bowl pool....

jason
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
same deal as last year - PM me for details...

jason
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4325/71bcdc3becfeec1agm9.jpg http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3825/sb43wr1.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7190/927047704d056e86ar1.jpg

jason
01-22-2009, 04:56 PM
65 spots to go.....

jason
01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
only 35 spots left....

jason
01-26-2009, 09:36 AM
only 20 squares left...

jason
01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
2 left.....

jason
01-26-2009, 06:05 PM
0 left....

good luck everybody and thanks for participating....

3afan
01-27-2009, 06:35 AM
when ya gonna draw #s ?

jason
01-29-2009, 12:07 AM
drew numbers tonight - there were 8 different people present and somebody who has 0 squares drew them...

will get copies out tomorrow...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 02:35 AM
2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. Examples of this are illegal drugs, underage drinking, and gambling activities. Under no circumstances will 3ADownlow be used to facilitate illegal activities of ANY kind. We intend to set a good example. (Items in the news may be excluded, but not necessarily and may depend upon the content or the direction the discussion takes.)

For somebody who is so anal about the rules in regards to signature sizes, which are so specific that you have to read thoroughly in order to know, I would think that you would have read the entire list of the rules. It clearly states that gambling is not allowed, and you are using the forum and its to get people involved in a pool where participants have to pay to participate. Shame on you jason, and remember, snitches get snitches.

jason
01-29-2009, 07:52 AM
i dont see the mention of money anywhere on here...

this is a free pool where people can just grab spots and the winner gets a t-shirt that i paid for out of my own pocket......

goosealaniz
01-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jason

this is a free pool where people can just grab spots and the winner gets a t-shirt that i paid for out of my own pocket......

man if i would have know that then i would have joind...

Ranger Mom
01-29-2009, 10:04 AM

Just printed out the copy you sent me!!:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 11:03 AM

Same deal as last year?

if i answer that ill be breaking the rules and be banned...again...

This is your response to someone asking the price to compete last year. Same deal huh? If it were free and for a t-shirt, why didn't you just say that last year?

Also, I received this, verbatim, on Facebook, from you.

ALL,
We are doing our annual super bowl pool again this year. Squares are $10 each and payout will be 20%, 20%, 20%, 40%.
Message me back or give me a call if you are interested.

Thanks

But I suppose you expect some of us to be stupid and not know what's going on.

jason
01-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Also, I received this, verbatim, on Facebook, from you.

that is a different one, i do 2 every year.....

Sweetwater Red
01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Shame on you jason, and remember, snitches get snitches.

3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.
This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas. Bashing of students/athletes (grades 12 & under) will NOT be tolerated. Avoid using other members' real names in your posts(without their permission). Do not engage in name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you or about your child. Personal attacks or threats, if reported, in PM's, open chat, or chat IM's may warrant warning, suspension or banning, subject to Administrator discretion. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

:(

jason
01-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:( lol, this response made me laugh for some reason....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
that is a different one, i do 2 every year.....

That was the only one that you spoke of last year. No sign of a t-shirt mentioned anywhere. We have people who would have loved to participate, goosealaniz, if they would have known that they were going to win a free t-shirt. But we all know that you're not giving anybody a free t-shirt and the one you were doing this year was not for a t-shirt, it was for money.

jason
01-29-2009, 11:18 AM
We have people who would have loved to participate, goosealaniz, if they would have known that they were going to win a free t-shirt. But we all know that you're not giving anybody a free t-shirt and the one you were doing this year was not for a t-shirt, it was for money. if he would have messaged me like the original post says, i would have told him about it - but he didnt, so i guess its too bad for that person and the others who chose not to message me....

Ranger Mom
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Good Lord!!!:hand:

WHINERS!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is one reason I have kinda stayed away lately....too much pissing and moaning over stupid crap!!

WHO REALLY CARES?!?!?!

I wish whether Jason is running a perceived illegal downlow gambling pool....even though money was never mentioned... was my biggest worry!!!

Hell....I know for a fact at least 2 of us mods are in on that pool!!!!

SEE YA!!

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

This is one reason I have kinda stayed away lately....too much pissing and moaning over stupid crap!!

WHO REALLY CARES?!?!?!

I wish whether Jason is running a perceived illegal downlow gambling pool....even though money was never mentioned was my biggest worry!!!

SEE YA!!

:iagree: You go Ranger Mom:2thumbsup Serve them a little cheese with their whine!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
The truth of the matter is the truth of the matter. When jason points out that people's signatures are too large or some other nit-picky and insignificant rule violation, those people are required to adhere to the rules and comply with them. The bottom line is that this thread is about gambling and his intentions are to gamble, and jason must be very foolish or lacking in intelligence to truly believe that people are going to buy his story. It is completely fabricated and RM knows it, as do the other moderators and administrators. If I sent everybody a message asking to buy some illegal narcotics and then used this forum to solicit the sale of them, you would bet that I would be prosecuted accordingly. In effect, jason is doing the same thing and for some reason it is allowed. It is insulting how inept you think some of the people are on here.

LH Panther Mom
01-29-2009, 04:18 PM
The truth of the matter is the truth of the matter.
The truth of the matter is that we moderate CONTENT, not intent whether perceived or real.

Emerson1
01-29-2009, 04:19 PM
snitches get sTitches.

mustang68
01-29-2009, 04:28 PM
The truth of the matter is the truth of the matter. When jason points out that people's signatures are too large or some other nit-picky and insignificant rule violation, those people are required to adhere to the rules and comply with them. The bottom line is that this thread is about gambling and his intentions are to gamble, and jason must be very foolish or lacking in intelligence to truly believe that people are going to buy his story. It is completely fabricated and RM knows it, as do the other moderators and administrators. If I sent everybody a message asking to buy some illegal narcotics and then used this forum to solicit the sale of them, you would bet that I would be prosecuted accordingly. In effect, jason is doing the same thing and for some reason it is allowed. It is insulting how inept you think some of the people are on here.

Get a life :mad: :mad:

Emerson1
01-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I think it's pretty funny. BBDE would only do this to jason. He knows not to mess with me

Sweetwater Red
01-29-2009, 04:35 PM

WHO REALLY CARES?!?!?!

I wish whether Jason is running a perceived illegal downlow gambling pool....even though money was never mentioned... was my biggest worry!!!

SEE YA!!

I thought is was all a joke at first.

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM

Narcoticas:doh: super bowl pool:thinking: well in my opinion narcotics are highly illegal and extremely harmful and dangerous. Super Bowl Pools are an American tradition and some of America's more prominant people participate in them as well as grand parents, law enforcement officers, ect..... and ect...... I understand what you are trying to get at but I doubt your going to get anybody to listen to you when your busting on an American tradition:D

*PS - I'm in for two sqaures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ya Baby

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The truth of the matter is that we moderate CONTENT, not intent whether perceived or real.

So what about the use of Private Messages in order to facilitate illegal activities? That's content, and we already have a person admitting to having two squares in this Super Bowl pool who is also a member. Unless they are fabricating a story, then that means that illegal activities are in fact taking place in the form of that confession. We're just choosing to turn a blind eye to it so that it can take place. I would be much more accepting of you just saying that you don't care and bring it out into the open instead of deliberately trying to twist and manipulate the situation to suit your ideals.

jason
01-29-2009, 06:56 PM
we already have a person admitting to having two squares in this Super Bowl pool who is also a member. that person is referring to the pool that has the free t-shirt as the prize

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM
that person is referring to the pool that has the free t-shirt as the prize

You keep talking about this free t-shirt thing, but yet you said same deal as last year. The only deal last year dealt with cash as the prize. If you're looking for a connection then you literally have one. It would be nice if you could at least be a man and admit it, because I have been told by people who would know that there is money involved in this pool.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Here is the thread from last year for the "same deal" for Super Bowl squares:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77583

No mention of a t-shirt, but lots of mention of monetary rewards. :thinking:

Emerson1
01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
The only mention of money I see is from adidas and Bull19 talking about some one elses.

eagles_victory
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Good grief no wonder so many people leave in the offseason

jason
01-29-2009, 08:35 PM

No mention of a t-shirt, but lots of mention of monetary rewards. :thinking:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7317/cryingbabybh1.jpg

goosealaniz
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
That was the only one that you spoke of last year. No sign of a t-shirt mentioned anywhere. We have people who would have loved to participate,goosealaniz if they would have known that they were going to win a free t-shirt. But we all know that you're not giving anybody a free t-shirt and the one you were doing this year was not for a t-shirt, it was for money.

hey dude dont put my name in this... i was just joking...

I_Do_Care
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
hey dude dont put my name in this...
THE GOOSE
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/Dixiem47/GIFS/goose_e01.gif

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7317/cryingbabybh1.jpg

I'm not crying, I'm pointing out plain knowledge and facts. I'm done here though, the truth has been given and that's all I need to say.

goosealaniz
01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
THE GOOSE
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/Dixiem47/GIFS/goose_e01.gif

... :( ... but i said dont put me in the middle of this... :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I_DONT_CARE
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I SEE NOTHING HAS CHANGED AROUND HERE.:rolleyes:

http://www.adiarasplayhouse.com/wp-content/gallery/silly-pictures/Silly%20Scallions.jpg

goosealaniz
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE

http://www.adiarasplayhouse.com/wp-content/gallery/silly-pictures/Silly%20Scallions.jpg

um... this is cool... i guess...:confused: :confused:

I_DONT_CARE
01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
um... this is cool... i guess...:confused: :confused:

NO, JUST SILLY! MUCH LIKE WHAT I HAVE JUST READ!:)

I_Do_Care
01-29-2009, 09:39 PM
NO, JUST SILLY! MUCH LIKE WHAT I HAVE JUST READ!:) :rolleyes:

jason
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
total times each number has been the last digit of a teams score for the final score in super bowl history

1 - 10 times
2 - 4 times
3 - 6 times
4 - 11 times
5 - 4 times
6 - 10 times
7 - 17 times
8 - 3 times
9 - 8 times
0 - 11 times

most common # - 7 (17 times)
most uncommon # - 8 (3 times)

jason
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
fyi...

a good friend of mine won the free t-shirt....

Eagle 1
02-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Well I hate that the Steelers's won, but at least I won $400 in the pot with score.

IHStangFan
02-01-2009, 11:53 PM

http://www.adiarasplayhouse.com/wp-content/gallery/silly-pictures/Silly%20Scallions.jpg Well by all means...feel free to excommunicate yourself at your earliest leisure. Thank you.

3afan
02-02-2009, 12:20 PM
CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS ..... HALFWAY THRU THE FINAL QTR I HAD A CHANCE AT THE FINAL POT BUT IT WASNT TO BE

pirate4state
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS ..... HALFWAY THRU THE FINAL QTR I HAD A CHANCE AT THE FINAL POT BUT IT WASNT TO BE At half a shirt? :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
fyi...

a good friend of mine won the free t-shirt....

You can keep saying that, but when a moderator openly admits that your Super Bowl pool that you are promoting is for money, then it's kind of stupid to keep it up.

Electus Unus
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
You can keep saying that, but when a moderator openly admits that your Super Bowl pool that you are promoting is for money, then it's kind of stupid to keep it up. The same could be said about the post of yours on this thread.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
The same could be said about the post of yours on this thread.

I'm not sure I'm following your line of thought?

ronwx5x
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
it's kind of stupid to keep it up.

Maybe he was refering to this part of your post. Saying the same is true of you?

:confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Maybe he was refering to this part of your post. Saying the same is true of you?

:confused:

Yes, but I didn't participate in the pool, nor have I broken any rules.

ronwx5x
02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, but I didn't participate in the pool, nor have I broken any rules.

I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with whether or not you participated in any football pool. No one said you broke any rules. Proving you are right is not always the best battle to fight unless you don't mind being attacked in return.

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes, but I didn't participate in the pool, nor have I broken any rules. POOL??:doh: What Pool?:thinking: Did somebody say something about a Pool? But it's to cold to get in the pool! Well maybe next time.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with whether or not you participated in any football pool. No one said you broke any rules. Proving you are right is not always the best battle to fight unless you don't mind being attacked in return.

Proving you're right is winning the battle. There is only right and wrong, no gray area. If someone wants to attack me, then they should be right, but if they aren't right in a battle of truth and what is explicitly stated, then they have no basis to argue.

Ranger Mom
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
You can keep saying that, but when a moderator openly admits that your Super Bowl pool that you are promoting is for money, then it's kind of stupid to keep it up.

Where did I say that???

WHO REALLY CARES?!?!?!

SEE YA!!

I can't believe this is still going on!!:doh: :doh:

Scratch that.......

yeah I can!!:rolleyes: :dispntd:

JR2004
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
This argument could be brought to an end if someone would give the exact details of the pool and whether or not money was used. It seems like there's a bit of dancing around the exact details.

Some folks might not appreciate Gary's stubborn stance on this, but I can since I'm pretty stubborn myself when I want to be!

pirate4state
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes there was money involved. I bought squares, Kellye bought squares, but this dates back to several years ago BEFORE there was a rule about gambling.

It's usually only a handful of us (yes, I buy squares) that participate, meaning he could easily just send each of us a PM or even a message outside THIS board that he is putting on the same deal again.

Does jason really need to make this thread every year? No, I don't think he does, but he gets some kind of sick satisfication by posting it because he knows that technically he is not breaking the rule as it is written. Whatever.

Gary is right, money is and has always been involved.

Favoritsm reigns supreme on the downlow! Oh no! :o :rolleyes:

Go ahead and bash away. Please ask that I be removed as moderator because I'm tired & I'm sure yall are tired of me.

Ranger Mom
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Go ahead and bash away. Please ask that I be removed as moderator because I'm tired & I'm sure yall are tired of me.

Right there with ya SD sista!!!

Oh yeah...I better not say that, because technically, it's probably against the rules!!!

OH NO!!!!!

ronwx5x
02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes there was money involved. I bought squares, Kellye bought squares, but this dates back to several years ago BEFORE there was a rule about gambling.

It's usually only a handful of us (yes, I buy squares) that participate, meaning he could easily just send each of us a PM or even a message outside THIS board that he is putting on the same deal again.

Does jason really need to make this thread every year? No, I don't think he does, but he gets some kind of sick satisfication by posting it because he knows that technically he is not breaking the rule as it is written. Whatever.

Does this mean Gary won?

Ranger Mom
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Does thi mean Gary won?

No....because he didn't buy any squares!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I just think this whole thing is ridiculous!!

I make "sexual innuendos" all the time...which, depending on how you look at the rules....are strictly against them!!!

Nobody whines and cries about them!!

Why this??

Simply because Jason and Gary don't care for each other.......cry me a freakin river and GROW UP!!!!!!

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Does this mean Gary won? No, he couldn't have won. Remember:thinking: He didn't by any squares.:D

Ranger Mom
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
No, he couldn't have won. Remember:thinking: He didn't by any squares.:D

Hehe!! Did you see what I posted right on top of you???

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Hehe!! Did you see what I posted right on top of you??? Yes, I seriously LOL too:D

JR2004
02-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Your honesty is commendable Rita. :)

By the way are you feeling any better? I forgot to give you a call this weekend to check on you.

pirate4state
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Your honesty is commendable Rita. :)

By the way are you feeling any better? I forgot to give you a call this weekend to check on you.

My honesty is a little late, but really none of you are stupid and anyone who believed that a shirt was the prize, well...

The point Gary is trying to make is that we go through something like this every year and then we (mods) get pissy about certain people crying about favoritism when in fact there IS favoritism on the board. How can there NOT be when we all profess to be a "family". I know too many of you to truly enforce the rules fairly. Yep, all you that have been b&m for years finally have the truth.

I don't really know what yall want. I can promise you none of you can moderate this board fairly, because you are ALWAYS gonna piss somebody off! And human emotion will ALWAYS come into play.

Now, I have to take my POC (piece of crap) computer to the nerds because not only did my printer crap out so did all my USB ports. :mad:

Have a nice day!

Ranger Mom
02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
My honesty is a little late, but really none of you are stupid and anyone who believed that a shirt was the prize, well...

The point Gary is trying to make is that we go through something like this every year and then we (mods) get pissy about certain people crying about favoritism when in fact there IS favoritism on the board. How can there NOT be when we all profess to be a "family". I know too many of you to truly enforce the rules fairly. Yep, all you that have been b&m for years finally have the truth.

I don't really know what yall want. I can promise you none of you can moderate this board fairly, because you are ALWAYS gonna piss somebody off! And human emotion will ALWAYS come into play.

Now, I have to take my POC (piece of crap) computer to the nerds because not only did my printer crap out so did all my USB ports. :mad:

Have a nice day!

Yeah!!!

What she said!!!

SO THERE!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

goosealaniz
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM

Have a nice day!

i agree... there is favoritism... i can only hope that i am one of your favorites... after all... we are related...:D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I'll be honest with you, I don't like Jason for reasons I will not discuss, but this was more than just me not liking him. I could have lived with someone just coming out and saying that there is money involved and be done with it, but that never happened. It didn't have to be on an open forum, it could have been via Private Message. The bottom line was that it wasn't. Instead of just coming out with it and admitting it like a mature adult, I was chastised and made out to look like a jackass. On top of that I had to deal with the flawed arguments that were patently absurd and fallacious in content. Then that people who act like they're my friends, even though it is through the internet for many, lacked the character to stand up and say this is what is going on and attacked me as a person and my credibility and painted me as being the person in the wrong. I've been wrong my fair share but I've never tried to make somebody else look bad to try to vindicate myself. All in all, I'm tired of this place. There are too many posers on here. There are more fake people on here than I have ever been associated with in my life. There are some who I do respect and think highly of, but for the most part this entire thread has just soured me on the majority of the population of people here. There are too many guys on here who act like they're tough, but they're not. There are too many people on here who act like they are honorable and respectful, but they're not. I see more disrespect, lies, and bias than I do anything meaningful anymore. I'm stepping away from all of this though, because I'm not a poser. If I have something to say that is negative or somebody might not like, you can bet I'm the type of person who will say it to your face. If I do something wrong I will admit it like a man. I doubt this will convince any of the people out there to change their ways, but if you were curious as to why I'm not around anymore, these are a few of the reasons why.

goosealaniz
02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Instead of just coming out with it and admitting it like a mature adult, I was chastised and made out to look like a jackass.

:tisk: :tisk:

gobbler grad
02-02-2009, 07:42 PM

well nothing, if I ain't getting my 1st qtr. shirt , then I want my money...:confused:

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :wave:

ronwx5x
02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll be honest with you, I don't like Jason for reasons I will not discuss, but this was more than just me not liking him. I could have lived with someone just coming out and saying that there is money involved and be done with it, but that never happened. It didn't have to be on an open forum, it could have been via Private Message. The bottom line was that it wasn't. Instead of just coming out with it and admitting it like a mature adult, I was chastised and made out to look like a jackass. On top of that I had to deal with the flawed arguments that were patently absurd and fallacious in content. Then that people who act like they're my friends, even though it is through the internet for many, lacked the character to stand up and say this is what is going on and attacked me as a person and my credibility and painted me as being the person in the wrong. I've been wrong my fair share but I've never tried to make somebody else look bad to try to vindicate myself. All in all, I'm tired of this place. There are too many posers on here. There are more fake people on here than I have ever been associated with in my life. There are some who I do respect and think highly of, but for the most part this entire thread has just soured me on the majority of the population of people here. There are too many guys on here who act like they're tough, but they're not. There are too many people on here who act like they are honorable and respectful, but they're not. I see more disrespect, lies, and bias than I do anything meaningful anymore. I'm stepping away from all of this though, because I'm not a poser. If I have something to say that is negative or somebody might not like, you can bet I'm the type of person who will say it to your face. If I do something wrong I will admit it like a man. I doubt this will convince any of the people out there to change their ways, but if you were curious as to why I'm not around anymore, these are a few of the reasons why.

To quote yourself:

You don't have to stay at the Tupperware party if you don't like the actions of the other people there and you don't have to put up with the actions of others if you are hosting the party.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
To quote yourself:

That's why I'm leaving this Tupperware party for now.

3afan
02-02-2009, 08:16 PM
At half a shirt? :rolleyes:

NO

"HALFWAY THRU THE FINAL QTR I HAD A CHANCE AT THE FINAL POT"