PDA

View Full Version : How I injured myself...A true story.

JR2004
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Honestly this really happened last week and yes I have laughed (well tried to laugh as you'll soon see) at myself for this one. I don't often get injured, but this might be one of the most comical injuries a person can get. Rita has called me a moron for this one and deservedly so!

Anyhow I was awake last Tuesday at around 4am in the morning. I just couldn't sleep at all. Well being the rocket scientist that Iam I decided that 4 in the morning would be a GREAT TIME to set off one of those room foggers in the living room because I had been putting it off and decided to do it right then and there. Oh boy was that the WRONG THING to do!

I set the thing off and decide I'll just go out and drive around for awhile and let the room air out. Well somehow some of that insecticide got into my nose and mouth and got into my throat. I tried to drink some milk and my throat hurt pretty bad so I decide I'll just induce vomiting and hope that will bring it back out. That was mistake NUMBER TWO!

So there Iam trying to get this stuff out of my throat and bam it happens...I coughed so hard that I pulled a muscle on my left side and I collapsed to the floor. Somehow I was able to drag myself down 3 flights of stairs and after taking about 15 minutes to get into my truck I head towards Presbyterian Hospital in Plano. I make it about a mile to my friend's house because driving a truck while leaning a seat all the way back is not the safest thing in the world to do...lol. You should've seen the look on his face when I explained to him why I was waking him up at 5 in the morning to take me to the hospital. Thankfully he drove me up there and I made it back home a few hours later.

I'd like to laugh more about this, but I still can't laugh, sneeze or cough (try getting a piece of popcorn stuck in your throat and then not be able to cough to get it unstuck.) and it still hurts like heck to move at all. Anyhow I thought I'd share my short bus moment because I think it's a pretty funny way to get injured. :)

Ranger Mom
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
That almost sounds like a Ranger Mom story!!:D

pirate4state
01-20-2009, 03:29 PM
you ARE a moron...and it's still funny...but i still hate my printer

sahen
01-20-2009, 06:25 PM
man ur lucky that u just pulled the muscle....one time i had a stomach bug and got sick so hard i busted a blood vessel in my stomach and started throwing up blood....that was scarey stuff and your body naturally throws up when u have blood in ur stomach, prob is the only way to stop bleeding is to stop throwing up....anyway, by the time i got to the doctor i couldnt walk i was so weak and pretty much passed out when they took my blood pressure....my stomach hurt so bad they gave me morphine and some pills to stop the throwing up, however i only hurt for a couple days after so it sounds like urs last longer....i feel for ya, hope ya get better