PDA

View Full Version : Who does marlin play next week?

Pudlugger
10-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Looks like the emperior has no clothes. I bet the Bulldogs go into next week flat. Upset or new district alignment? :p

Chris Hart
10-03-2003, 09:11 PM
For your sake, hopefully not LaGrange. :p

Pudlugger
10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Chris Hart:
For your sake, hopefully not LaGrange. :p Anytime, anyplace. Unfortunately for Marlin they will not get beyond the second round of the playoffs to meet the Leps as they will lose to Newton. Come on Chris Hart and face reality, Marlin is not the same team that they were in 2002. Tank Smith scored one 99 yard TD against La Grange after our MLB made a mistake on the ball exchange and got taken out of the play. Otherwise it was the other 10 players that beat the Leps 34-6. This year all I hear is that if it were not for the injury to Tank Marlin would be awesome. I don't buy it. It is everyone's wish that Marlin succeed because they beat Ennis last year and are a small 3a school yada yada yada, but this year they are not showing anything . I think there are a number of other more worthy 3a teams that are being overlooked by folks like you who, in good faith, want and wish for Marlin's success. Well it is not going to happen this year so it is time to look elsewhere for 3a DII Championship contenders: for example Bellville, Newton, Rice, Midland Greenwood and Daingerfield to name 5. BTW, if Marlin meets La Grange this year I am confident that the Leps will take them to the woodshed. :mad:

Chris Hart
10-03-2003, 09:35 PM
I was just razzing you Pud. I know there are alot who think Marlin is done like you, but I share a different opinion. They should definately be a interesting team to follow and see if they throw in the towel after this pre-district season, but I think they will rebound and do well in the playoffs. :)

lepfan
10-04-2003, 12:01 AM
I guess their M square is not working. They will probably be working on dance. :D

<small>[ October 04, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
10-04-2003, 03:08 PM
You know, from what I have seen from Marlin, they are making too many excuses. Tank is NOT the team, and I think this is where Marlin falls short. ONE person doesn't take a team somewhere and untill Marlin realizes that they need to utilize what they have instead of relying on what they don't. I don't expect to see them make it past the 2nd round of play-offs. Because they beat Ennis LAST year doesn't make them awesome this year. No team is the same two years in a row. So far, the only excitment that I have seen out of Marlin is their one pep-rally that was against burnet.....So untill Marlin wins a game worth winning, they need to work on their players dance routine during their pep-rallys and maybe a better choice of music.....just my thoughts....

reptard7isCRAZY
10-04-2003, 03:37 PM
I think Marlin will go deeper than La Grange. They will pull it together.

BurnetBandRules
10-04-2003, 03:44 PM
I just thought about my previous post and thought to myself about what I said and I take back that they wont make it past the 2nd round. I really hope they can pull it together.....that would be great but right now, they don't look to capable of doing much. About LeGrange, I bet they will be a good game. Some predections say they will loose but I am going to go with the underdog, I say Marlin by a field goal.

Old Cardinal
10-05-2003, 08:39 PM
I think Newton or Diboll will take them out...

GoForIt
10-05-2003, 10:04 PM
To answer the original question - Rockdale.

cunbed10
10-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Don't just count us out just Yet, What you all see as a 1-4 team I see a 5-0 District champ, and hitting a stride at the right time, Playoffs no excuses here we did what we could do, now all of the bumps and bruises will be on the opposition, now.

St. Ivender
10-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Marlin has one of the toughest pre-district schedule in 3A. They got caught in the switches. I bet they'll be fine in district play. Last year against Newton Tank got spanked. It was their other 21 players who beat the Eagles. I still feel the better team lost that game last year but Marlin had the mental edge. And I know the LaGrange players who were watching from the Newton stands felt lucky they didn't have to play the Eagles that next game (as it turned out they weren't lucky at all). Again I say Marlin will be fine.

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 08:20 AM
St. Ivender:
Marlin has one of the toughest pre-district schedule in 3A. They got caught in the switches. I bet they'll be fine in district play. Last year against Newton Tank got spanked. It was their other 21 players who beat the Eagles. I still feel the better team lost that game last year but Marlin had the mental edge. And I know the LaGrange players who were watching from the Newton stands felt lucky they didn't have to play the Eagles that next game (as it turned out they weren't lucky at all). Again I say Marlin will be fine.Actually, I would be delighted if Newton and La Grange meet in the play-offs. I think it would be a great game. Both teams are respected for strong defense and have fine athlete's. Good luck until then. :)

travis
10-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Pudlugger:
Well it is not going to happen this year so it is time to look elsewhere for 3a DII Championship contenders: for example Bellville, Newton, Rice, Midland Greenwood and Daingerfield to name 5.
Pudlugger:
Bellville is good but they will NEVER EVER win a 3a title.
:D Hypocrite

cunbed10
10-06-2003, 10:36 AM
lepfan:
I guess their M square is not working. They will probably be working on dance. :D We are saving the M Square dance for LaGrange Leps, since it intimidated them so much last year.

Bellville22
10-06-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm not gonna believe it until I see Marlin knocked out. I think they will get it together, and I think they are a contender. If they do meet Newton in the 2nd round, that's tough luck for one of the teams. I would expect a great game between 2 very good teams.

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 07:42 PM
travis:

Pudlugger:
Well it is not going to happen this year so it is time to look elsewhere for 3a DII Championship contenders: for example Bellville, Newton, Rice, Midland Greenwood and Daingerfield to name 5.
Pudlugger:
:D HypocriteIt is not hypocritical to say Bellville is a title contender and will not win the championship. I feel Bellville is one of the few teams that will seriously challenge for the 3a DII title, but I also feel they will not win it. What is hypocritical about that? :mad:

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 07:44 PM
cunbed10:

lepfan:
I guess their M square is not working. They will probably be working on dance. :D We are saving the M Square dance for LaGrange Leps, since it intimidated them so much last year.Yall don't have the sand for it again this year! :mad:

travis
10-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Pudlugger:

travis:

Pudlugger:
Pudlugger:
:D HypocriteIt is not hypocritical to say Bellville is a title contender and will not win the championship. I feel Bellville is one of the few teams that will seriously challenge for the 3a DII title, but I also feel they will not win it. What is hypocritical about that? :mad: I know, I'm just joshin' with you.

lepfan
10-06-2003, 08:38 PM
cunbed10:

lepfan:
I guess their M square is not working. They will probably be working on dance. :D We are saving the M Square dance for LaGrange Leps, since it intimidated them so much last year.It did not intimidate the LEPS, a comment was made that that was the purpose of doing the "dance" on our sidelines. It would take A LOT more than a goofy dance to intimidate the LEPS. We have fun with it. In fact we laughed at them swaying singing or whatever they did. :D Dance away man, dance away...you all go ahead and concentrate on the dance practice...the LEPS are going to focus on polishing their skills.

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
lepfan:

cunbed10:

lepfan:
I guess their M square is not working. They will probably be working on dance. :D We are saving the M Square dance for LaGrange Leps, since it intimidated them so much last year.It did not intimidate the LEPS, a comment was made that that was the purpose of doing the "dance" on our sidelines. It would take A LOT more than a goofy dance to intimidate the LEPS. We have fun with it. In fact we laughed at them swaying singing or whatever they did. :D Dance away man, dance away...you all go ahead and concentrate on the dance practice...the LEPS are going to focus on polishing their skills.The Leps will be practicing their end-of-game victory dance! :D :D :D

lepfan
10-06-2003, 08:56 PM
You got that one right Pud....

Chopblock
10-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Pudlugger:

lepfan:

cunbed10:

lepfan:
I guess their M square is not working. They will probably be working on dance. :D We are saving the M Square dance for LaGrange Leps, since it intimidated them so much last year.It did not intimidate the LEPS, a comment was made that that was the purpose of doing the "dance" on our sidelines. It would take A LOT more than a goofy dance to intimidate the LEPS. We have fun with it. In fact we laughed at them swaying singing or whatever they did. :D Dance away man, dance away...you all go ahead and concentrate on the dance practice...the LEPS are going to focus on polishing their skills.The Leps will be practicing their end-of-game victory dance! :D :D :D That would be the Polka? :p
Just joshing eek!
Marlin lost most of the o line from last year and I understand the QB RB and Center have been out hurt at some piont this year?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Marlin, has played a tough pre-district, I will say that, one of the toughest in 3a, I see Marlin going 5-0 in district, because the have a weaker district this year. If Marlin losses to anyone in there district, then I begin to wonder if they have what it will takes to make a play-off run? Good luck! Hope both teams play good enought to meet again, including the opposem!!!!!

cunbed10
10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
lepfan:
You got that one right Pud....And that dance will consist of left handed lay-ups, and right-handed layups, because if LaGrange happens to make it far enough to face the Bulldogs, Basketball will be in their near future, you guys can't win against us you all are really full of yourselves, if you think you can handle what's coming to you, No one team wants to meet Marlin Now or Later the wounds are licked clean and the Bulldogs are looking mean, C ya in Basketball season, unfortunately you guys want get and invitation to the big dance.

Pudlugger
10-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Well Marlin was ready for La Grange in last year's play-off game but if they play again this year La Grange will be very tough for them. The third round of the playoffs is a long way away for both teams though, so I can only hope for a rematch. :mad:

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

M-square
10-10-2003, 10:21 AM
That's what i'm talking about cunbed10. I have a question for you. Do you think that any school in class 3A can beat us if we were healthy. I'd say that there are probably two teams that will give us some competion. Burnet & Bellville. I respect both of those teams. But like i said who do you think.

M-square
10-10-2003, 10:21 AM
That's what i'm talking about cunbed10. I have a question for you. Do you think that any school in class 3A can beat us if we were healthy. I'd say that there are probably two teams that will give us some competion. Burnet & Bellville. I respect both of those teams. But like i said who do you think.

Bulldog for Life