PDA

View Full Version : Coachin Little Dribblers

STAggie
01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Anyone else coaching a team this season? I have my brother in law's team and we are in the 8-10 year old Division. So far we are 2-0 having won by scores of 24-12 and 17-5. I am having a ton of fun and it is great to watch the kids do what we work on in practice in the game, especially the way my kids play defense.

icu812
01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Good job coach. I'm coaching the same age kids this year, 1-0. Have fun!

Emerson1
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Just find a kid who can shoot free throws and have him draw fouls all game.

STAggie
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Just find a kid who can shoot free throws and have him draw fouls all game.

Wish it worked like that. Since my team usually is up (not trying to sound arrogant just stating facts as you can see by our first two games scores) we get absolutely no calls our way, which in turn is horrible for this age group. They can't understand why they get hammered and can't get a call but on the other end they barely touch someone and it is a foul. Anyway we prevail and last game the team we played only made one actual basket. Their 3 other points came from one free throw, and 2 full court defense 1 point technicals that are called at the drop of a hat when the ref feels like it.

Heffelfinger
01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Didn't you have a thread earlier asking for help? How did that turn out? Sounds like you've got it going on. Good luck, and continue teaching fundamentals.

venomous tat2
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Anyone else coaching a team this season? I have my brother in law's team and we are in the 8-10 year old Division. So far we are 2-0 having won by scores of 24-12 and 17-5. I am having a ton of fun and it is great to watch the kids do what we work on in practice in the game, especially the way my kids play defense.

Would ya'll be intrested in playing some games with our lil dribblers ( Navasota ) if so let me know we travel to other places to play .

STAggie
01-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Would ya'll be intrested in playing some games with our lil dribblers ( Navasota ) if so let me know we travel to other places to play .

I would love that. I need to clear it with my league commish though. Is your team just made up of regular kids from a draft or is it an all star type team? My team is the best in our league but we still have a few that are lost but getting better every week.

STAggie
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
Didn't you have a thread earlier asking for help? How did that turn out? Sounds like you've got it going on. Good luck, and continue teaching fundamentals.

Worked awesome. So far out of our ten man roster only 4 kids have yet to score on the season through 2 games, which anyone who has coached this age group knows that is an accomplishment. My goal is to have everyone score at least one basket in a game. Our D has been our biggest thing though. We move our feet and and keep our hands up. I counted a minimum of 10 shots either blocked our tipped in our last game to go along with 13 steals.

venomous tat2
01-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
I would love that. I need to clear it with my league commish though. Is your team just made up of regular kids from a draft or is it an all star type team? My team is the best in our league but we still have a few that are lost but getting better every week.

Yes they are picked from a draft we have jr's and majors .
Send me a pm with a phone number and maybe we can get something set up . We have a tourney this weekend at our Jr High campus don,t know who all gona be there yet but I will be the on site admin .

STAggie
01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes they are picked from a draft we have jr's and majors .
Send me a pm with a phone number and maybe we can get something set up . We have a tourney this weekend at our Jr High campus don,t know who all gona be there yet but I will be the on site admin .

PM Sent.

Bull's-eye
01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
STAggie.....watch out for venomous tat2 and his basketball teams, they are well coached and play some awesome basketball. :)

STAggie
01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
STAggie.....watch out for venomous tat2 and his basketball teams, they are well coached and play some awesome basketball. :)

Good, if we had more little dribblers coaches like him this area woudl be a basketball hot bed. LOL I'm not to shabby myself, not to brag or anything. ;)

venomous tat2
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Thanks alot LOL:D I talked to the Red Mustash the other day he's been the hospital again I told him to leave those young women alone lol he's doing better tho

Bull's-eye
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks alot LOL:D I talked to the Red Mustash the other day he's been the hospital again I told him to leave those young women alone lol he's doing better tho

He's got about 5 in his stable. Something about that handlebar mustache that drives them women crazy. :D