PDA

View Full Version : This years Bandera?

Chief Woodman
12-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Who is this years Bandera? Certainly not the two teams in Division I...they are both undefeated. Sad that one of those two must lose this week.
As for Division II, that is another matter.

Someone had mentioned on another thread that Vernon was this years Bandera. I totally disagree with this. Vernon has only lost 1 game...not 3 or 4. I have often said that it takes three elements to win a state championship....good players, good coaching, and luck at the right time. Vernon certainly has all three and they make the most of it. They are a very good team and they make the most of any mistakes made by their opponents, another mark of a championship team. It should be noted that there are several teams who are out that had both talent and coaching, but couldn't catch the breaks. As for the other 3 teams left in Division II....all have either 3 or 4 losses. Take your pick...all three are in the running for this years Bandera. Good luck to all this week, and hopefully no injuries.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-09-2003, 10:47 PM
I hope that Vernon is the Bandera!

slpybear the bullfan
12-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Me too...

GO LIONS!

SintonFan
12-10-2003, 03:40 AM
This year's Bandera is Port Isabel. You gotta see them play. Then you will understand.

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 10:38 AM
If Vernon or Port Isabel win D2 state championship it would be a big surprise to me. While everyone recognized that these two schools were good football teams coming into the season, is there anyone out there (besides the hometowners) who would have considered them as one of their top 10 teams that could contend for the state title?

However, either one of these teams would not be as big a surprise as Bandera's run to the title last year.

Cat22
12-10-2003, 11:16 AM
How about Marlin? Didn't they start the season 0-3. I may be wrong, but I know they had a tough pre-district schedule. They really impressed me last week with the win over Bellville. Sorry PI, but I have to support region 3. Lets go Marlin, win it all.

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Cat22:
How about Marlin? Didn't they start the season 0-3. I may be wrong, but I know they had a tough pre-district schedule. They really impressed me last week with the win over Bellville. Sorry PI, but I have to support region 3. Lets go Marlin, win it all.Marlin started off 1-4. 3 of those losses were to 4A schools, including #1 Ennis, and the other loss was to 3A #1 Burnet. Yes, their season started off a little suspect, record-wise. Then they blew through district 225-7 (PF/PA). At that time, most began thinking that Marlin had a very good football team that could do some damage in the playoffs.

Last year Bandera had two losses in district and finished 3rd. Who really thought a 3rd place team would go all the way?

BULLDOGFAN
12-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Those in Bandera knew what we had. we just had a few mid year struggles.

olddawggreen
12-10-2003, 05:47 PM
I think its Marlins year!