PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed

Bullaholic
01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
My heart sure went out to Limas Sweed, a former Texas HS player, who had the misfortune of dropping a sure TD pass before the hometown Steeler crowd and national TV audience yesterday in the Steeler-Ravens AFC title game. Fortunately, the Steelers got the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVr-WxpMDk

I. B. Watching
01-19-2009, 12:46 PM
It happens to the best of them. Ask the Cowboys and Jackie Smith. That one still makes my stomach hurt

turbostud
01-19-2009, 01:14 PM
He's a rookie, but he has to understand the oppurtunity he missed. They dont come around like that very often. Hopefully he can make up for it in the SuperBowl.

Sweetwater Red
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My heart sure went out to Limas Sweed, a former Texas HS player, who had the misfortune of dropping a sure TD pass before the hometown Steeler crowd and national TV audience yesterday in the Steeler-Ravens AFC title game. Fortunately, the Steelers got the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVr-WxpMDk

It could be much worse. Ever heard of Bill Buckner? :thinking:

DUKE22
01-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Did he not throw a pretty big block later in the game. If it wasnt him then someone did, it was a big time peelback right by the sideline.

DDBooger
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Did he not throw a pretty big block later in the game. If it wasnt him then someone did, it was a big time peelback right by the sideline. it was him

Pmoney
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Did he not throw a pretty big block later in the game. If it wasnt him then someone did, it was a big time peelback right by the sideline.
ya it was sweed

Red&White_9x5
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Wish I could get a million dollars to drop passes.

T.O. gets many millions of dollars to drop passes

eagles_victory
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
He also made a nice play to knock the ball away from the DB to save them 3 points instead of an int later in the game.

Electus Unus
01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGJcfjTTFc This hit is so vicious.

DDBooger
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGJcfjTTFc This hit is so vicious. he may have led with his shoulder but helmets made contact first, man just hearing the crowd react, you knew someone wasn't getting up.

venomous tat2
01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Did ya'll see that hit he made right after that lol, 2 of his uncles were watching the game at my house and they said " well he droped a TD and he droped a would be tackler with that block he made, they felt like he was mad and took it out on that guy lol .

waterboy
01-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I'll tell you, them Steeler fans are merciless. Did y'all hear them boo Sweed when he dropped that TD pass? Where else would you get booed like that for that? Philadelphia, maybe........ but only in Pennsylvania. I'm not saying I wouldn't have felt like doing the same thing they did, but most fans around the country wouldn't have booed him.

WylieBulldog92
01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'll tell you, them Steeler fans are merciless. Did y'all hear them boo Sweed when he dropped that TD pass? Where else would you get booed like that for that? Philadelphia, maybe........ but only in Pennsylvania. I'm not saying I wouldn't have felt like doing the same thing they did, but most fans around the country wouldn't have booed him.
I would have

DDBooger
01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I would have yeah, but you would have boo'd him if he caught it, he's a former UT player, come on! haha ;)

PHS Wildcats
01-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I would have

Mee too!! I was yelling at the TV:mad:

gobbler grad
01-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
It happens to the best of them. Ask the Cowboys and Jackie Smith. That one still makes my stomach hurt

I remember that one like it was yesterday...:thinking: