PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Taylor to Auburn

Gontex
01-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Trooper Taylor has been hired by Gene Chizik for a position on the coaching staff at Auburn University. Congratulations to Troop. I have watched his career with interest. It would be great if he could eventually be the head man at some school somewhere. He definitely would be successful.

eagles_victory
01-19-2009, 05:30 AM
who?

Old Green
01-19-2009, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
who? Former Cuero Gobbler who is Coaching on the D1 College level.

jockcity33
01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
I met Trooper when he as GA at Baylor back in '94 I think.

GreenMachine
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
I remember Trooper in Catholic elementary school. He was several grades below me. Very deserving man. :thumbsup:

44INAROW
01-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Taylor flew into Auburn on Sunday along with new running backs coach Curtis Luper, who was already an official member of Chizik’s staff and also coached at Oklahoma State. Taylor introduced himself to the reporters on site, but did not offer any comments on the record before Chizik arrived to take the pair back to the Auburn Athletic Complex.

The same jet traveled to Mobile on Sunday evening, returned to Auburn then went back to Stillwater, landing shortly after midnight Monday. New Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn is currently in Mobile, where he will coach his final game as Tulsa’s co-offensive coordinator in tonight’s GMAC Bowl.

Taylor grew up in Cuero, Texas and is one of 16 kids. He and his wife, Evi, have a son, Blaise, and a daughter, Starr.

“He’s a great family man,” Luper said. “He’s a phenomenal story.”

from a blog (link below)

After what seemed like an eternity—it really wasn’t, but I ran out of Internet sites to browse while I waited—Trooper Taylor is your new assistant head coach and wide receivers coach at Auburn.

“This is a great opportunity to join Coach Chizik at Auburn and be a part of a dynamic offensive staff that he has put together,” Taylor said in a university statement. “I’m excited to be coaching at a program like Auburn and return to the Southeastern Conference.”

For those that just tuned in and noticed I’ve been blogging a bunch today, which has subsequently buried my informative, early-morning post about Taylor, here it is again.

2008 - Oklahoma State - Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers
2004-07 - Tennessee - Assistant Head Coach/Player Development/Wide Receivers
2004-05 - Tennessee - Running Backs
1999-2003 - Tulane - Wide Receivers
1998 - New Mexico - Running Backs
1997- Baylor - Wide Receivers
1995-96 - Baylor - Secondary
1994 - Baylor - Wide Receivers
1992-93 - Baylor - Graduate Assistant

- Taylor, 38, grew up in Cuero, Texas and is one of 16 kids. He and his wife, Evi, have a son, Blaise, and a daughter, Starr.

He joins these four coaches on Auburn’s suddenly swift-growing coaching staff. Four spots remain. Again, I recommend you apply now if you have any interest.

Gus Malzahn (Tulsa) - offensive coordinator
Curtis Luper (Oklahoma State) - running backs coach
Jay Boulware (Iowa State) - special teams
Link (http://www.gulfeast.com/index.php/OAN_Sports/C723/P3/)