PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's 8th grade girl's Red basketball team routes Snyder and Brownwood

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Okay...is this too much?:D :nerd:

8th grade Red girls beat Snyder and Brownwood
Written by Staff Reports
Saturday, 17 January 2009

The Sweetwater Middle School eighth grade Red girls team re-cently defeated Snyder and Brownwood by scores of 45-27 and 49-17, respectively, as the team improved its record to 6-1. Elise Lawrence (16) and Shelby Cason (13) were the team’s top scorers against Snyder while Laura Lynn Sims scored six points, Ashley Kincheloe four and Janell Walker, Kathleen Campbell and Whitnee Murff two. Maty Montgomery, Jerren Villa and Suede Shirley were all credited with playing good defense.
Lawrence scored 13 points while Cason had 11 and Campbell 10 in Sweetwater’s victory over Brownwood. Also scoring points were Murff with six, Shirley with four and Montgomery, Sims and Villa with two. Kincheloe and Walker played good defense.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/130779/122/

Looking4number8
01-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow Red, that must have took some digging just to find something to post to make you feel better today!

Sweetwater Red
01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Wow Red, that must have took some digging just to find something to post to make you feel better today!

Nah...It was in Friday's edition. Our girl's team might actually
be competitive if they stay together and continue to improve.
Our varsity team is 2-21 right now.:(

Looking4number8
01-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Seriously our Varsity girls are struggling. They are getting better but having a rough year. Our girls JV is doing great but the Freshman Girls are 18-1. Their coach was a senior on Howard Payne's national tittle team last year. The team has some good athletes but I think the coach might have a whole lot to do with their number of wins.

Lion_Addict
01-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Our girls JV is doing great but the Freshman Girls are 18-1. Their coach was a senior on Howard Payne's national tittle team last year.

And rumor is she may be coaching the Varsity next season...... :thinking:
She's doing a great job!

Looking4number8
01-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I have not heard anything but she does help with softball and the girls like her. Those things are all good.

Speaking of softball, I am off to the field for a hour or two. I will come back later to continue the "Give Sweetwater Red lots of crap day!"

sportzman44
01-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Three of our freshman girls have played together for a couple of years and also played in some varsity tournaments last summer comming out of the 8th grade where they held ther own,they lost a few more then they won but the fact that they where competeing at that level says a lot.
Coach Hohertz knows where to draw the line with these girls,the girls like her but they know when it comes to practice or playing she means business and she knows how to instill confidence in these girls.coach Hohertz is still young but I bet you will be hearing good things about her for years to come.
Just my 2 cents

sportzman44
01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I also forgot to mention that the Brownwood freshman girls beat the Sweetwaters freshman girls 64 to 33.

Thanks for your time