PDA

View Full Version : Chucky Fired

JR2004
01-16-2009, 07:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3839188

GreenMachine
01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Fire Phillips and hire Gruden! Better yet, Aggies need to fire Sherman and lure Gruden to the college ranks. Aggies need a head coach with some FIRE :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Aggies need a head coach with some FIRE :thumbsup:

How are you going to say what WE need?

Sweetwater Red
01-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

He's not going to answer. That might be because some one told
him that you are the #51 in your sig....:thinking:

Speaking of your sig....I can't remember the last time I participated
in a group hug. That is what ya'll are doing..right?:D

Pick6
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Gruden is a good coach. He took a team to the Super Bowl that coach Dungy couldn't get there. Just think of how many SB's he would of coached in if he had the talent that Dungy had.

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Gruden is a good coach. He took a team to the Super Bowl that coach Dungy couldn't get there. Just think of how many SB's he would of coached in if he had the talent that Dungy had.

he had that talent for years after the SB, it is not like they were an old team...Gruden is ok, but I think of him in the vain of Billick with the Ravens..supposed to be an offensive genuis that won because of the D

Gruden could never settle on a QB and his offense in Tampa never scared anyone.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-16-2009, 11:17 PM

Speaking of A&M coaches,

Gary you missed the DeBesse sisters at my wedding, should have been there.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v646/47/28/13730612/n13730612_44793160_2076.jpg

AAA87
01-16-2009, 11:48 PM
i think that would be a great hire at any college.....

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
i think that would be a great hire at any college.....

I do agree with that.

Maroon87
01-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Stupid move by Tampa Bay IMO...:confused:

I freaking love Gruden...if the Boys can't get Shanahan then try to bring in Gruden.

And Jerry...leave your mitts out of it after the contract signing, OK?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87

why?

Gruden has basically tread water since winning a SB

in those 6 seasons...3 losing ones..two 9-7 seasons and one double digit victory season

only made the play-offs twice since the SB and lost first game bot times

Maroon87
01-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
why?

Gruden has basically tread water since winning a SB

in those 6 seasons...3 losing ones..two 9-7 seasons and one double digit victory season

only made the play-offs twice since the SB and lost first game bot times

My bad, Terry. I defer to the awesomeness that is your knowledge of football.;)

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2009, 12:13 AM
My bad, Terry. I defer to the awesomeness that is your knowledge of football.;)

huh?

I was seriously asking why it was in your mind a bad move by Tampa

Maroon87
01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
huh?

I was seriously asking why it was in your mind a bad move by Tampa

I just think they could do a hell of a lot worse than Gruden. I mean...who else would they get???

Pick6
01-17-2009, 12:54 AM
he had that talent for years after the SB, it is not like they were an old team..

Gruden never had a stud QB, even when they won the SB. Give him Manning and they win alot more.

GreenMachine
01-17-2009, 09:37 AM
How are you going to say what WE need? Because I watched YA'LL last year and it was painful and I can say whatever I want :tongue:

squid
01-17-2009, 09:41 AM
but I watched the aggies last year and it was very enjoyable :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Because I watched YA'LL last year and it was painful and I can say whatever I want :tongue:

Of course you can say what you want, but that doesn't mean that you know what we need...

DDBooger
01-17-2009, 10:12 PM

I freaking love Gruden...if the Boys can't get Shanahan then try to bring in Gruden.

And Jerry...leave your mitts out of it after the contract signing, OK?:thinking:
alot of the country agreed with you
Should the Bucs have fired Gruden (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=66525)

GreenMachine
01-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Of course you can say what you want, but that doesn't mean that you know what we need... Fair enough. Do YOU think that Sherman is the right fit for the Aggies? Truthfully?

westcoast54
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Fair enough. Do YOU think that Sherman is the right fit for the Aggies? Truthfully?

Give Sherman some time. Everyone would be singing a different toon had McGee not gotten hurt. He's a good coach. The problems in Aggie Land didn't happen in one year and they won't get fixed in one year.

coach
01-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Of course you can say what you want, but that doesn't mean that you know what we need...

really he doesnt know what yall need....so neways gary have u talked to shermen yet like i asked

GreenMachine
01-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Give Sherman some time. Everyone would be singing a different toon had McGee not gotten hurt. He's a good coach. The problems in Aggie Land didn't happen in one year and they won't get fixed in one year. Okay, let me say what I should have said in the beginning. I feel that the Aggies needed a coach with some fire or a young coach that wanted to make a name for himself. Sherman may turn it around, I hope he does. It is hard to watch A&M get torched by everybody. I want the "wrecking crew" back. Who knows, hopefully #51 will be a part of it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Fair enough. Do YOU think that Sherman is the right fit for the Aggies? Truthfully?

I think that he is my head coach, and no matter what nothing I say or feel is going to change that, so that is a topic I'm not going to dignify by answering. I will say that I will do whatever he asks to the best of my abilities and put forth more than he asks for in the pursuit of victory, because that is ultimately the entire goal of our team and Coach Sherman himself. He wants us to succeed and I want us to succeed, and that is the ultimate goal and we share it together. That is enough for me.

coachkiss
01-19-2009, 10:56 AM
In other words, you don't think he is the right man for the job.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
In other words, you don't think he is the right man for the job.

Since you want to be presumptuous and put words in my mouth, the answer is I do believe that he is the man for the job. 100%. Unconditionally.

JR2004
01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I think Chucky was vastly overvalued as an NFL head coach. I really never could figure out how he kept his job as long as he did after the Super Bowl against the Raiders (Same with Billick before the Ravens finally showed him the door). I think his act would fare better on the college level where his incessant need to change constantly would fit perfectly in the world of college football. I could see Notre Dame offering him everything including the kitchen sink after one more season of Weis destroying what little shine is left on the Golden Domers.

DDBooger
01-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking he sits out a year and lets his value rise.

Pick6
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I think Chucky was vastly overvalued as an NFL head coach.

He took a team to the SB that Dungy couldn't. If he's overvalued what does that say about the value of Dungy?

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
He took a team to the SB that Dungy couldn't. If he's overvalued what does that say about the value of Dungy?

and Calahan took the Raiders to the SB after Gruden could not...so?

It is not as simple as well he took them to a SB after Dungy did not..WAY to many factors come into play

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Y'all quit pissing Gary off, he's sensitive about A&M football

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Y'all quit pissing Gary off, he's sensitive about A&M football

No, it's not that, I'm just annoyed by stupidity.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-19-2009, 10:15 PM
No, it's not that, I'm just annoyed by stupidity.

Yeah I know buddy, did you see the pic of DeBesse's daughter?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Yeah I know buddy, did you see the pic of DeBesse's daughter?

Yes. They were smoking from the last time I saw them at the Alamo Bowl. The one who went to Purdue...I was in love. Haha.

injuredinmelee
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I am pretty disappointed that the Bucs didnt interview any Caucasian candidates for their head coaching position.

as far as getting Gruden or Shanahan to Dallas... they wouldnt touch this job with Jerry as their GM. NO good coach ever will unless uber self absorbed Jones gives up that title.

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I am pretty disappointed that the Bucs didnt interview any Caucasian candidates for their head coaching position.

as far as getting Gruden or Shanahan to Dallas... they wouldnt touch this job with Jerry as their GM. NO good coach ever will unless uber self absorbed Jones gives up that title.

Shanahan and Jones are real good friends...that is why Denver and Dallas have trained together the last few training camps for a week.

Also Gruden had a GM in Tampa...Shanhan was his own GM, but he even admitted his personell decisions hurt..so dont be shocked that Shany is in Dallas no later than next year

piratebg
01-20-2009, 08:20 AM
I heard Notre Dame has some interest in Gruden.