PDA

View Full Version : Why no love for TT Graham Harrell in the draft.

Phil C
01-16-2009, 03:16 PM
He was a strong Heisman candidate until the Norman disaster and he is only QB last year that beat Texas on the field. He is a potentially good pro QB yet he isn't even listed in Rival's top 100 picks and all you hear about is Sanches, Stafford and Bradford who is not even turning pro. No doubt he will probably be a late pick now the way it looks. Somebody is going to get a real steal here when they get him.

waterboy
01-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
He was a strong Heisman candidate until the Norman disaster and he is only QB last year that beat Texas on the field. He is a potentially good pro QB yet he isn't even listed in Rival's top 100 picks and all you hear about is Sanches, Stafford and Bradford who is not even turning pro. No doubt he will probably be a late pick now the way it looks. Somebody is going to get a real steal here when they get him.
I agree. I think somebody is gonna get a really good NFL quarterback when they draft him. I look for him to go late in the first or early in the second round this year.

KngKongInDTrunk
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
where did he play HS ball?

Macarthur
01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, I think he has the TT system working against him. None of the TT QBs have made a scratch in the league.

He also is not real big and doesn't posses a big arm.

He is accurate so that will help him. He certainly projects better than any of the previous TT QBs so someone will draft him and he'll get a chance to prove himself.

BTW, I'm not big on Sanchez; I think he would have done himself better with one more year as a starter.

Pmoney
01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
ennis

crzyjournalist03
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Phil, there has already been discussion about the Cowboys potentially drafting Harrell in the third or fourth round, so I don't think he'll fall too low!

DUKE22
01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, I think he has the TT system working against him. None of the TT QBs have made a scratch in the league.

He also is not real big and doesn't posses a big arm.

He is accurate so that will help him. He certainly projects better than any of the previous TT QBs so someone will draft him and he'll get a chance to prove himself.

BTW, I'm not big on Sanchez; I think he would have done himself better with one more year as a starter. So what is it about the system that makes TT QBs appear more talented than they really are. I know the system is actually very simple from what I have heard and the reads are fairly quick, which would make things difficult going to the next level.

Emerson1
01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Phil, there has already been discussion about the Cowboys potentially drafting Harrell in the third or fourth round, so I don't think he'll fall too low!
Discussions? Meaning you

ronwx5x
01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk

Ennis, I believe.

crzyjournalist03
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Discussions? Meaning you

It was on the DMN Cowboys blog a couple of days ago. A couple of writers were debating it.

Macarthur
01-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
So what is it about the system that makes TT QBs appear more talented than they really are. I know the system is actually very simple from what I have heard and the reads are fairly quick, which would make things difficult going to the next level.

I honestly don't know what it is about the "system" that doesn't translate.

Frankly, I think it has more to do with the limited physical talents of the past TT QBs more than system deficiencies. Those guys just didn't, for the most part, have big arms and many of them were smallish in stature.

trojan37
01-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech has had record breaking QB's for the last how many years, and name me one that is PLAYING in the NFL. It's the Tech curse. If you get recruited to play QB at Tech, you're not going to the NFL.

Macarthur
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Tech has had record breaking QB's for the last how many years, and name me one that is PLAYING in the NFL. It's the Tech curse. If you get recruited to play QB at Tech, you're not going to the NFL.

See, I think it has more to do with the guys physical skills.

Name one of those guys that have really had NFL physical tools. Now, Potts may be the first one that posseses those tools. He's big and had a very good arm.