PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Basketball

trg
01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Bellville has their first district game this evening against Columbus. Any predictions?????

Good luck to the Bulls!!!

Johnny Utah
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Should be a good one, each team has some Bigs and athletes. Gerik is a legend. I say Columbus, but just an opinion.

trg
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Well you know I am pulling for the Bulls. I think the Bulls are gonna come out on top in this one and will be there tonight cheering them on.

zebrablue2
01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
good luck to the brahmas. give us a score later tonight..

Brahma84
01-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Bellville wins 104-95 at home. Browning for Bellville scored 44.

STAggie
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84

Congrats, that is a high scorin game for high school. Was there any defense?

IHStangFan
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Wow.....high scoring game! Congrats to Bellville!

zebrablue2
01-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84

congrats to the brahmas:2thumbsup:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Bellville plays sealy next, what were the scores from the games that these two played? ( Bellville vs sealy) I think they have played each other 3 times already with Bellville winning all 3?

Brahma84
01-17-2009, 11:51 AM
From the Chronicle:

70-49 in the Brazos Tournament
71-46 (Sealy JV) in the Brazos Tournament
81-58 in the Sealy Tournament

Bellville winning all three

Bull's-eye
01-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Congrats, that is a high scorin game for high school. Was there any defense?

No, they actually played 1/2 court. One of the goals had a bent rim, so they decided to play on just one side. :D

RedStorm
01-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Browning was amazing. He should easily be district MVP. If he plays well all year he could get looks from colleges.

mwynn05
01-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Browning was amazing. He should easily be district MVP. If he plays well all year he could get looks from colleges. do you know how hard it is to play college basketball?

RedStorm
01-17-2009, 08:51 PM
im not saying d-1, i invite you to come watch him play and say he doesnt have the potential to play collegiately

mwynn05
01-17-2009, 09:24 PM
im not saying d-1, i invite you to come watch him play and say he doesnt have the potential to play collegiately get to state and i will

Kickin It
01-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Browning was amazing. He should easily be district MVP. If he plays well all year he could get looks from colleges.

1 game and he should be district MVP? Columbus had a kid go for 34, so should he be Offensive MVP? Pretty sure it is a little early to be making those kind of statements. Take nothing a way he played a good game. To both teams, great game, hope both win until they meet again, will be another fun one to watch!

TRENCHES06
01-18-2009, 07:05 PM
who won?

La Grange spanked Giddings.

Sophomore guard is pretty good.

allforball
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Looks like LG and Smithville will be battling for 3rd place. LG soph is by far best player, LG lacks physical inside player.

allforball
01-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Oops, sorry, forgot about Sealy, who beat Smithivlle. It will be a fight for the 3 playoff spots.

STAggie
01-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Not to sound arrogant but Sealy really shouldn't loose a district game. Bellville is not 30 points better than them and never should have beat them by that many. They have to many big kids and athletes but due to an inexperienced coach, who has really come a long way from the beginning of the season, they have had some growing pains. They finally have it together and the rest of the district should watch out. Can't wait till Tuesday night. Should be a great game but I don't think Bellville will be seeing the 100 point mark again.

Johnny Utah
01-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Tell PJ to help and get Coach Schu to run the clock!!! Go Tigers!!! A 6'8 kid that is a post in hs bball has a better chance going D1 in football as a lineman!!! Know, if the 6'8 kid is a guard, different story.

zebrablue2
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Not to sound arrogant but Sealy really shouldn't loose a district game. Bellville is not 30 points better than them and never should have beat them by that many. They have to many big kids and athletes but due to an inexperienced coach, who has really come a long way from the beginning of the season, they have had some growing pains. They finally have it together and the rest of the district should watch out. Can't wait till Tuesday night. Should be a great game but I don't think Bellville will be seeing the 100 point mark again.

:1omg!:

MJMbrahmas10
01-19-2009, 09:28 PM
you cant be serious so yall will go from losing by 30 to winning? you got to be kidding me lol

STAggie
01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
you cant be serious so yall will go from losing by 30 to winning? you got to be kidding me lol

No not at all. This team is not the team you faced at the begining of the season. You will see tonight.

duckhunter
01-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
do you know how hard it is to play college basketball? i agree with you. browing will get looks at football, but basketball i wouldnt be on it. he's way too small to play inside at the next level, and has no shoot at all playing at guard.

trg
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Good luck to the Bulls tonight against Sealy!!!! Keep the winning tradition alive. Go #31

Bull's-eye
01-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Bellville wins 77-63! Looks like Sealy won't go undefeated in district, but they have made some improvement.

zebrablue2
01-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville wins 77-63! Looks like Sealy won't go undefeated in district, but they have made some improvement.

congrats to the bulls...

Bull's-eye
01-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
congrats to the bulls...

Browning goes for about 38 points. :)

MJMbrahmas10
01-20-2009, 11:59 PM
but yes staggie they did improve but i think the crowd played a huge factor in keeping it close....and noone talks about browning until he drops 44 and 34 then you got something negative to say give the man credit where credit is do and quit hatin!

hookandladder
01-21-2009, 07:05 AM
but yes staggie they did improve but i think the crowd played a huge factor in keeping it close....and noone talks about browning until he drops 44 and 34 then you got something negative to say give the man credit where credit is do and quit hatin!

Looks like Bellville and La Grange will be fighting for top spot in District in round 1.

STAggie
01-21-2009, 08:08 AM

I walked out of this game the last 2 mins. What a horrible display of basketball knowledge, skill, coaching, etc. etc. Sealy should have won this game. Being up by 2 with 2 mins left and letting it get to the point it did, is absolutely horrendous. We do the stupidest things and have no idea how to "play" basketball". If I were the coach there would be a lot of tired players at practice today.

BTownVBall3
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Sealy was up 2 with 2 minutes left, yet lost by 14? Something doesn't add up..

Johnny Utah
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
STAggie, be nice. Going to take some time to develop basketball skills and game knowledge. Athletes are great, but if they do not have basketball savvy it wont matter. They will get it going and compete for a spot.

STAggie
01-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
STAggie, be nice. Going to take some time to develop basketball skills and game knowledge. Athletes are great, but if they do not have basketball savvy it wont matter. They will get it going and compete for a spot.

The thing is these kids should have it. By the time you are at varsity level you should know how to play the game. Sealy will never be truely successful until the can develop the kids from jr high and teach them these things at the younger ages so by the time they get to varsity they compete. It is just frustrating.

Johnny Utah
01-21-2009, 11:57 AM
That is why it is called BUILDING a program. Takes time. Can not nor will it happen over night.

STAggie
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
That is why it is called BUILDING a program. Takes time. Can not nor will it happen over night.

I know this, but from 2003-2005 Sealy made the playoffs even going a couple rounds deep two of those years. The talent is there lets get the program up to speed with it.

Johnny Utah
01-21-2009, 12:20 PM
And that had a lot to do with a different group(They are not all the same from year to year) a different Coach and his STUD SON!!! Makes a big difference.

STAggie
01-21-2009, 01:06 PM
And that had a lot to do with a different group(They are not all the same from year to year) a different Coach and his STUD SON!!! Makes a big difference.

Brantly was a great player but was no stud on the basketball court. He could bang though and grabbed a ton of rebounds. I was team captain of the '03 team and we had a good distribution of points and played lights out d. Something these new kids have no idea about.

Johnny Utah
01-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I am trying to tell you to be patient, some groups get it, some dont, the joys of coaching. You will see one day.

STAggie
01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
I am trying to tell you to be patient, some groups get it, some dont, the joys of coaching. You will see one day.

I know, just trying to play devil's advocate. My dream is for me to be on the sideline one day.

Johnny Utah
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Then you will experience what I am trying to tell you. You have no idea, looks easy to some.....but could possibly be the most demanding job in the universe, and you get to teach classes as well as drive a bus, play parent, grade, become technology savy, inservices, training, educational hours, discipline, odd and long hours, subpar pay because their are no days off for a coach. I will think of more. Oh....your judged on wins and losses and the destiny of that is controlled by teenagers. You do not recruit your players, you have to develop them or at least get lucky once and a while and have great talent pools. Evaluate, cut, keep, manage egos, peers, all while staying professional and raise a family, attend other functions, stay current with issues, education, you name it. Not done yet....Be very sound at X's and O's because other coaches are very good and be able to handle all that comes with a team, chemistry, rapport, parents, girlfriends, problems, fights, grades, sickness, seasons....

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Then you will experience what I am trying to tell you. You have no idea, looks easy to some.....but could possibly be the most demanding job in the universe, and you get to teach classes as well as drive a bus, play parent, grade, become technology savy, inservices, training, educational hours, discipline, odd and long hours, subpar pay because their are no days off for a coach. I will think of more. Oh....your judged on wins and losses and the destiny of that is controlled by teenagers. You do not recruit your players, you have to develop them or at least get lucky once and a while and have great talent pools. Evaluate, cut, keep, manage egos, peers, all while staying professional and raise a family, attend other functions, stay current with issues, education, you name it. Not done yet....Be very sound at X's and O's because other coaches are very good and be able to handle all that comes with a team, chemistry, rapport, parents, girlfriends, problems, fights, grades, sickness, seasons.... you left off over bearing, demanding booster members...good list

Kickin It
01-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I know, just trying to play devil's advocate. My dream is for me to be on the sideline one day.

Understand your frustration, but how many basketball coaches has Sealy had since Brantley left, 2 or 3 I think. It is hard to build a program when the turnover is like that. I am sure the COACH is just as frustrated about the situation as the FANS, but he has much more riding on the success of the team than someone who pays to come and watch. Give him a little time, he is a good guy who is running into a tough first year as the head basketball coach. If he gets to stick around, get his style of play in at the younger levels, and get some support from the public who knows what could happen! Right now they just don't have the scorer like a Palmer and the inside presence of a Brantley, but those things run in cycles.

Johnny Utah
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Kicking It and PieRAT4state amen!!!

STAggie
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Understand your frustration, but how many basketball coaches has Sealy had since Brantley left, 2 or 3 I think. It is hard to build a program when the turnover is like that. I am sure the COACH is just as frustrated about the situation as the FANS, but he has much more riding on the success of the team than someone who pays to come and watch. Give him a little time, he is a good guy who is running into a tough first year as the head basketball coach. If he gets to stick around, get his style of play in at the younger levels, and get some support from the public who knows what could happen! Right now they just don't have the scorer like a Palmer and the inside presence of a Brantley, but those things run in cycles.

My complaint wasn't so much against the coach, I know him personally and have complete faith in him. He has already made huge strides since the beginning of the season. My complaint is more general with just the state of basketball being played. Things that these players should have learned while growing up playing ball just aren't there. Anyway just a rant on the lack of fundamentals in all of basketball, just so happens the team I root for was a basis for it. Also, this team has two guys who could be more dominant than Brantly with Miller and Terry and a guy like King who could get to the basket every time if he played with a little more control. This team just needs some swagger and the attitude that they can play with anyone.

MJMbrahmas10
01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
i believe this this forun name is Bellville Basketball

zebrablue2
01-21-2009, 08:14 PM
My complaint wasn't so much against the coach, I know him personally and have complete faith in him. He has already made huge strides since the beginning of the season. My complaint is more general with just the state of basketball being played. Things that these players should have learned while growing up playing ball just aren't there. Anyway just a rant on the lack of fundamentals in all of basketball, just so happens the team I root for was a basis for it. Also, this team has two guys who could be more dominant than Brantly with Miller and Terry and a guy like King who could get to the basket every time if he played with a little more control. This team just needs some swagger and the attitude that they can play with anyone.

:hijacktd:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-25-2009, 09:09 PM
i believe this this forun name is Bellville Basketball

Top reads Bellville Basketball.

Bellville vs La Grange Tuesday night in La Grange, You know what im talkin about.
Go Bellville!!!!!!!

RedStorm
01-25-2009, 09:28 PM
That Sealy Aggie guy really has nothing to talk about now since Bellville has already whooped up on them 3 or 4 times this year. Being from Sealy and being an Aggie doesn't make for the brightest individuals

zebrablue2
01-25-2009, 09:35 PM
That Sealy Aggie guy really has nothing to talk about now since Bellville has already whooped up on them 3 or 4 times this year. Being from Sealy and being an Aggie doesn't make for the brightest individuals

HEY-- Watch what U say bout them ags...:evil:

Bull's-eye
01-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Being from Sealy and being an Aggie doesn't make for the brightest individuals

Good formula for a great punter. :D

hookandladder
01-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Top reads Bellville Basketball.

Bellville vs La Grange Tuesday night in La Grange, You know what im talkin about.
Go Bellville!!!!!!!

Lookout, we need a win to stay in the District race. Looking forward to watching a face pace game, LG's half quart offense not nearly as effected as running the floor. No inside game . Only problem LG has only 5 or 6 players who can run the floor, so fatigue will be an issue. Need our sophmore to have a big game, him having a big game opens other players up. Also I am looking forward to seeing Bellville play, have not seen a really good team in our District that can make some noise in the playoffs.

STAggie
01-26-2009, 08:17 AM

What's funny is this latest win wasn't a "whoppin" but more like a melt down by Sealy in the last 4 minutes. As far as me being an Aggie well there is nothing wrong with holding a degree from one of the best universities in the nation. But judging from the ignorance in your post you don't know much about higher education.

AggiesAreWe
01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I could not remember how many players and starters Bellville had returning this season. Could someone help me out?

I think the move to Region 4 will be beneficial, you won't have to face my Silsbee Tigers until Austin.:D

Johnny Utah
01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Region 4 goes through Sam Houston and West Oso.

RedStorm
01-26-2009, 08:29 PM
What's funny is this latest win wasn't a "whoppin" but more like a melt down by Sealy in the last 4 minutes. As far as me being an Aggie well there is nothing wrong with holding a degree from one of the best universities in the nation. But judging from the ignorance in your post you don't know much about higher education.

So in your saying it was a fluke or Bellville didn't earn it? But when you beat a team 3 times you are clearly the better team. As to higher education I'm not here to brag about what University i went to...but aggies do put to much stock in their ranks as an elite university.

RedStorm
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I could not remember how many players and starters Bellville had returning this season. Could someone help me out?

I think the move to Region 4 will be beneficial, you won't have to face my Silsbee Tigers until Austin.:D

Bellville lost 3 starters but 4 of the 5 starters this year got major minute last year.

STAggie
01-27-2009, 09:13 AM
So in your saying it was a fluke or Bellville didn't earn it? But when you beat a team 3 times you are clearly the better team. As to higher education I'm not here to brag about what University i went to...but aggies do put to much stock in their ranks as an elite university.

Not trying to brag just think it is absurd to bash someone for holding a degree from a University. Especially one that is considered by many to one of the best publicly funded schools in the nation. As far as Bellville not earning the win in district, that is not what I am applying. My comment was more on the "whopping" term. It was a 2 point lead for Sealy with around 2-3 minutes left. Would you not call it a melt down by Sealy to end up loosing by double digits? Not saying Bellville didn't earn it, but they got considerable help in the form of a meltdown and capatilized on it. Much the same way Sealy did in football against Bellville this year.

trg
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Good luck to the Bulls tonight versus La Grange. Sealy game is done will see them again in a couple weeks.

Good luck to all teams for an injury free game tonight.