PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Pratt Leaves Lsu

OldBison75
01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Navasota High School running back Dexter Pratt has left LSU. After starting spring classes this week, Pratt left the school and returned to Navasota. According to rumors, Pratt and the coaching staff at LSU had a disagreement and he quit the team. According to the same sources, he is now entertaining offers from other schools and has a real interest in Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

I talked with a local Navasota student that said he was told that Pratt arrived on campus after being promised a chance to play running back and was told that coaches wanted him to concentrate on defense and that was why he left. According to the LSU website, he is not listed among new incoming football athletes anymore.

This is BIG NEWS and could give some team a quality running back with little recruiting effort.

JR2004
01-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Hmm...I wonder which coach there said he'd get a shot at RB. I don't follow recruiting too much, but all I had ever read about Pratt is that LSU was going to have him play defense and RB was not part of the equation if he went to Baton Rouge.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Did he ever start classes?

A seventh player expected Monday, running back Dexter Pratt, did not enroll, school officials said. Pratt has graduated from high school and is expected at LSU before spring football begins but has not navigated his way through the NCAA clearinghouse, Bonnette said.

LINK (http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1231827618209010.xml&coll=1)

ENROLLMENT DELAYED: Dexter Pratt of Navasota High in Navasota, Texas, was expected to enroll Monday with the other early signees, but his high school work is being reviewed by the NCAA Clearinghouse and he cannot enroll until he is given the OK by that office. Pratt is ranked as the No. 9 athlete prospect in the nation by Rivals.com.

LINK (http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090115/SPORTS0202/901150319)

OldBison75
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I have just learned that Pratt had thought his transcripts were in order but the High School did not forward the proper forms to the LSU admissions office in time for the start of classes. According to my source, (reliable), Pratt will be still going to LSU as soon as the correct forms for the NCAA and LSU are submitted. He will be in classes soon and eligible for spring practices. I have also learned that Pratt has been promised an opportunity to work with both the offense and defense during the spring practices and a decision on his future position status will be determined then. My source says Pratt believes he can be a better defensive player than running back, but has agreed to play wherever LSU feels he can contribute. The original source was a high school teammate that said he fought with coaches---and that was "a rumor he heard".

AggiesAreWe
01-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Navasota High School running back Dexter Pratt has left LSU. After starting spring classes this week, Pratt left the school and returned to Navasota. According to rumors, Pratt and the coaching staff at LSU had a disagreement and he quit the team. According to the same sources, he is now entertaining offers from other schools and has a real interest in Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

I talked with a local Navasota student that said he was told that Pratt arrived on campus after being promised a chance to play running back and was told that coaches wanted him to concentrate on defense and that was why he left. According to the LSU website, he is not listed among new incoming football athletes anymore.

This is BIG NEWS and could give some team a quality running back with little recruiting effort.

So I take this first post of yours is just null and void.

IHStangFan
01-16-2009, 01:16 AM
hmmmmm......interesting......interesting. So....what does this all mean? His HS grades and transcripts are under review?

Emerson1
01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
hmmmmm......interesting......interesting. So....what does this all mean? His HS grades and transcripts are under review?
I got that someone at the school didn't send the right papers in.

IHStangFan
01-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I got that someone at the school didn't send the right papers in. yeah....I read that too.....but in this snippet...this is the tidbit that peaked my interest....." .......was expected to enroll Monday with the other early signees, but his high school work is being reviewed by the NCAA Clearinghouse and he cannot enroll until he is given the OK by that office........". So since "the incorrect paperwork" was submitted....his HS work/grades/transcript are under investigation...or.."being reviewed"? That's what I was asking. I guess they sent something OTHER than his transcript so now the NCAA has just taken it upon themselves to basically say "no need to send the correct paperwork, we're just going to review it ourselves"?? Just doesn't seem like "normal procedure" for either Navasota HS or the NCAA ....Navasota HS doesn't know what paperwork needed to be sent? And launching a review of the kid's HS work is standard procedure for not receiving the "proper paperwork"?? Just seems funny to me....a big to do about nothing. Or is that how it's done? That's basically all I'm asking.

LH Panther Mom
01-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Clearinghouse puts every potential athlete's grades and transcripts under review, along with their SAT/ACT test scores & number of credits. If the official transcript has not been received, or has only been recently received, there will be a delay in approval.

The official transcript is done after each semester. Until grades for every student, not just the athlete, and class rankings are complete, it's possible that it can't be submitted. The process at the high school level might be a little different for an early graduate, but until the NCAA puts the seal of approval on the athlete, there's nothing they can do.

themsu97
01-16-2009, 10:25 AM
nothing unusual... transcripts may not have been finalized... that happens all the time...
PRatt will be enrolled in time and be at LSU

IHStangFan
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The Clearinghouse puts every potential athlete's grades and transcripts under review, along with their SAT/ACT test scores & number of credits. If the official transcript has not been received, or has only been recently received, there will be a delay in approval.

The official transcript is done after each semester. Until grades for every student, not just the athlete, and class rankings are complete, it's possible that it can't be submitted. The process at the high school level might be a little different for an early graduate, but until the NCAA puts the seal of approval on the athlete, there's nothing they can do. okay...that's what I was unclear on....thank you for fixin me up on that. :)

Bull's-eye
01-16-2009, 05:06 PM
My sources state that LSU was not honest with Pratt and he is now considering Oklahoma State.

SWMustang
01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
My sources state that LSU was not honest with Pratt and he is now considering Oklahoma State.

I heard Okie State pays good too so things should work out fine for this kid.

navscanmaster
01-16-2009, 09:29 PM
He is a great kid and a top notch athlete. I hope whatever happens with him works in his favor and sends him on the path he is happy with. If it is a problem with Navasota HS, I am not surprised at all.

HEMOTOXIC
01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/37765799.html

NAVASOTA- Navasota running back Dexter Pratt has pulled back from his commitment to LSU and is back in the recruiting mix.

Pratt's high school coach, Lee Fedora, confirmed to Robert Cessna on KZNE radio Saturday morning that Pratt is taking official visits to other schools, including one visit this weekend.

During his original recruiting process, Pratt's only official visit was to Baton Rouge, LA.

Fedora told KBTX News 3 that the Bayou Bengals are still actively pursuing Pratt, but Fedora said Pratt indicated to him that LSU was likely out of the picture.

Pratt, who averaged about seven-point-six yards per carry for the Rattlers this past season, has already graduated from Navasota High School.

Signing day is February fourth.

IHStangFan
01-17-2009, 03:51 PM
So where's he visiting this weekend? I'm glad the ole "Geaux Tigers" didn't end up w/ this kid. :)

navscanmaster
01-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Being an Aggie fan, I would love to see him in Maroon and White. I think he would be great in that offense as a power back. It seems the Aggies have been hung up on small speedy backs for years now, with J-Train being the only golf ball in the jar of marbles.:p