PDA

View Full Version : Rank Houston Pro Franchises

Bullaholic
01-15-2009, 05:33 PM
How would you rank Houston's pro franchises?

1. Rockets
2. Astros
3. Texans

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

1. Rockets
2. Astros
3. Texans

1. Dynamo

SWMustang
01-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

1. Rockets
2. Astros
3. Texans

I would agree with that. The Texans suffer from a history that is too short. They have to overcome some poor choices they made during the team's infancy. The Rockets won back to back titles and the Astros had a long playoff streak with a world series appearance.

Electus Unus
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
1. Rockets
2. Oilers
3. Dynamo
4. Astros
5. Texans

astrofan
01-15-2009, 10:06 PM
How many Super Bowls did the Oilers play in?

SWMustang
01-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by astrofan
How many Super Bowls did the Oilers play in?

Zero! I got another one. Who turned their back on the city in which there were born in order to go to .... Nashville? Who hi-jacked their team name and logo so it could never be used again? Who could it be? Satan!!!

goosealaniz
01-15-2009, 10:26 PM
1. Astros

only one i watch...

sahen
01-15-2009, 11:32 PM
are we going by success or popularity?....i'd say

Success:
Dynamo
Aeros
Rockets
---All have won 2 titles but the Rockets are oldest, then the Aeros, then the Dynamo---
Astros
Texans

Popularity:
Astros
Texans
Rockets
Dynamo
Aeros

Of course thats my opinion from what i see around town...Seems everyone has an Astros hat/shirt and keeps track of the team even if they arent watching all the games (its baseball few do)...the whole town seems to care what the Texans do even if they complain about how bad they are the whole time....the Rockets are pretty much even w/ the Astros and Texans but normally they dont get to their full popularity level until the playoffs....the Dynamo may pass one of the big 3 sports one day but for now i think there is still a gap due to MLS being behind the big 3....and the Aeros are just on here cause they are a pro sports franchise, not being in the NHL kills their chances at being popular, plus its hockey in texas...thats a tuffy to sell though they do have their loyal fan base (its fun to watch every once and a while) but they are small...

if the Texans ever got good i think they could go even or pass the Astros...the Astros long history in houston and strong ties to the community keep them on top in my opinion, the Texans cant compete w/ the history but this is Texas and football is king, if they start winnign they will be right there if not ahead of the 'stros....the Dynamo to me could pass the Rockets in popularity if the MLS ever picked up, right now to me its impossible especially w/ the Rockets long history with the city but maybe one day 30 years from now or so if the MLS has found a way to elevate itself to atleast the NHL level then the Dynamo could be above the Rockets...however for that to happen the Rockets will have to lower themselves to the Milwaukee Bucks level or something for many years too...