PDA

View Full Version : Will we talk about the NFL QB Class of 2010 like we do the class of 83?

slpybear the bullfan
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Bradford, Tebow, McCoy... Who else?

Could be the best since 1983.

eagles_victory
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Bradford, Tebow, McCoy... Who else?

Could be the best since 1983. Right now IMO you have one legit pro-bowl QB in Bradford. I dont see Tebow even playing quarterback much and Colt has a lot of work to do to be NFL ready.

Electus Unus
01-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Nothing will ever compare to the '83 quarterback class much like no receiving class will ever compete with the '96 class. Receivers from the class are;
Keyshawn Johnson*
Terry Glenn*
Marvin Harrison*
Eddy Kennison
Eric Moulds*
Amani Toomer
Muhsin Muhammed*
Terrell Owens*
Joe Horn*
Jermaine Lewis*

*Denotes Pro-Bowl Selection

There are 2-4 hall of fame receivers in that draft class alone.

BMOC
01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Right now IMO you have one legit pro-bowl QB in Bradford. I dont see Tebow even playing quarterback much and Colt has a lot of work to do to be NFL ready.

I remember when the 'Horns took McCoy and everyone doubted their decision thinking this 2A football player couldn't make it as a QB at UT. There was a lot of speculation against him following Vince Young. And look at all he has done. It won't surprise me a bit when he makes it at the next level.

LH QB 12
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Right now IMO you have one legit pro-bowl QB in Bradford. I dont see Tebow even playing quarterback much and Colt has a lot of work to do to be NFL ready.

I agree. Bradford is ready, I dont know why he stayed, Tebow most likely will not play QB in the NFL unless a team changes their offense to that of the Florida Gators which is not likely, and Colt McCoy does have alot of work to do for him to be ready and i think he made the right decision to stay for his last year. Not to mention it will help out the Longhorns tremendously.

Keith7
01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Mccoy and Tebow will not make good NFL QBs

esp. not Mccoy.. he is too little and not smart enough

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Well he is taller than McNabb, does need to add weight, but has been doing that every off-season

Not sure where u get the he is not smart enough

I_Do_Care
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Not sure where u get the he is not smart enough
got it from the same place his head is.

I. B. Watching
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM

McCoy is probably smarter than Terry Bradshaw was. I'll bet he can spell cat without being spotted any letters.

LH QB 12
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM

McCoy has A LOT of work to do but with a good off season he might be ready. im not so sure that he has the arm strenght an NFL QB needs but other than that i think he has to tools to be successful.

eagles_victory
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
This years rookie QB class could end up being one of the better ones look at the starts Flacco and Ryan are off too. What about the class with Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Rothleisberger sp? that isnt bad either.

themsu97
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM

wow Kieth, your hatred of UT is even worse than G$$... that might be one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen...
McCoy is smart enough...
his arm strength will be the only question...

OldBison75
01-15-2009, 11:05 PM
At 6'3" and 205, McCoy might need to add a little weight, but he is bigger than Roger Staubach was and he was not a bad NFL QB. McCoy needs to develope the arm strength a little but other than that he is okay. He has great accuracy and, according to football people, is one of the best at checking down receivers to find the open man. Plus, when you factor in his ability to get the ball down the field and score in the two minute offense, his leadership and determination will go a long ways.

mwynn05
01-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
At 6'3" and 205, McCoy might need to add a little weight, but he is bigger than Roger Staubach was and he was not a bad NFL QB. McCoy needs to develope the arm strength a little but other than that he is okay. He has great accuracy and, according to football people, is one of the best at checking down receivers to find the open man. Plus, when you factor in his ability to get the ball down the field and score in the two minute offense, his leadership and determination will go a long ways. lol you cant compare staubach TOTALLY different era...compare the size of guys at otehr positions on the field when staubach played and i bet they were smaller

OldBison75
01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
McCoy is 1 inch shorter than 7 starting QB's in the pros now and the same height as two others. As for current comparisons, he is 1 inch shorter than Bradford and 10 pounds ligher. I think that size can't be the deciding factor on whether he will make it at the next level. I believe that he needs the one more year in college to sharpen some skils, but he will make the grade in the pros. He may not be a superstar, but I bet he will be a good solid performer at that level.

Buckeye1980
01-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
At 6'3" and 205, McCoy might need to add a little weight, but he is bigger than Roger Staubach was and he was not a bad NFL QB. McCoy needs to develope the arm strength a little but other than that he is okay. He has great accuracy and, according to football people, is one of the best at checking down receivers to find the open man. Plus, when you factor in his ability to get the ball down the field and score in the two minute offense, his leadership and determination will go a long ways.

I know I get the different time and all that but Joe Montana was 6'2" and 200 and he had a nice career after being told he was too small...but he had something that McCoy has and that is heart....and he was a winner , just like McCoy....McCoy will a very good pro , save the post as a reminder . I am not saying he will have a Montana career, but it will not be because of size....... by the way

Jan 9, 2009 ... Drew Brees has won The Associated Press 2008 NFL Offensive Player of the Year award after nearly setting a passing record for yards

Drew Brees 6"00" 209 lbs....how did he ever do that in this era at his size?

Emerson1
01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

[B]
Drew Brees 6"00" 209 lbs....how did he ever do that in this era at his size?
People like to try and sound smart