PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks

Bullaholic
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
While we are taking Dallas pro sports franchises to task---How bout' them Mavs? Not-a-so-good lately---what needs to change?

Side note---Heard a report that the Denver Nuggets owner told Cuban to stay away from, and quit talking to his players on the court.

waterboy
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
That really was a bad call at the end of that Denver game, though.:(

JR2004
01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
While we are taking Dallas pro sports franchises to task---How bout' them Mavs? Not-a-so-good lately---what needs to change?

Everyone not named Dirk needs to change. Their window has been slammed shut with this group. They need to do what former Sonics GM Wally Walker said to do when the Lakers were busy winning titles earlier this decade and try and begin building a team for 4-5 years down the road and wait out the storm.

pirate4state
01-15-2009, 03:59 PM
who? :D

eagles_victory
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Everyone not named Dirk needs to change. Their window has been slammed shut with this group. They need to do what former Sonics GM Wally Walker said to do when the Lakers were busy winning titles earlier this decade and try and begin building a team for 4-5 years down the road and wait out the storm. the Lakers storm isnt exactly that strong right now.

coach
01-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Everyone not named Dirk needs to change. Their window has been slammed shut with this group. They need to do what former Sonics GM Wally Walker said to do when the Lakers were busy winning titles earlier this decade and try and begin building a team for 4-5 years down the road and wait out the storm.

and look where that put the sonics

Pmoney
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
first I say trade Josh Howard for some young talent or 1st round draft pick if you can get it...I like the things Bass has showed through the past 2 yrs and Barea is a good off the bench PG...I still think Terry has some yrs left as a starter...I was for the Kidd Trade when it happened but now I would like to go back the way it was, but hindsight is always 20/20...so I think if they get some young talent and I still think the Mavs need a dominant center and then they will move in the right direction

JR2004
01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
the Lakers storm isnt exactly that strong right now.

Best thing going in the NBA...We're on cruise control until the Laker Invitational begins.

Pmoney
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Best thing going in the NBA...We're on cruise control until the Laker Invitational begins. we are only halfway in the season...no team can put the cruise control on until a few weeks b4 playoffs and thats only the teams that are 15 games up on the 2nd place team...btw 15 was just a random number nothin mathmatical or scientific

eagles_victory
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Best thing going in the NBA...We're on cruise control until the Laker Invitational begins. Boston is the champs until you take it from them in the postseason. You have to win the think before its named after you.

JR2004
01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Boston is the champs until you take it from them in the postseason. You have to win the think before its named after you.

Not worried about getting the Leprechauns again, or anyone else for that matter, in the Laker Invitational.

TheDOCTORdre
01-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Not worried about getting the Leprechauns again, or anyone else for that matter, in the Laker Invitational.

last time i checked it hasnt been the laker invitational sine the 01-02 season...i'm just sayin

eagles_victory
01-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Not worried about getting the Leprechauns again, or anyone else for that matter, in the Laker Invitational. Oh yea I forgot you had the great Andrew Bynum :clap: :doh:

JR2004
01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh yea I forgot you had the great Andrew Bynum :clap: :doh:

I'm pleased with the continued development and improvement shown by a 21 year old playing the most storied position (That of Laker center) in league history as well as one of the most storied positions in sports history. He's done what he's been asked to do this year and he continues to work on the facets of his game that Jackson has asked him to improve upon.

Maroon87
01-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Best thing going in the NBA...We're on cruise control until the Laker Invitational begins.

Seems it's been a while since the Lakers have won their own tournament, huh?:thinking:

JR2004
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Seems it's been a while since the Lakers have won their own tournament, huh?:thinking:

Yes it is going on seven years since we won the Laker Invitational.

Maroon87
01-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes it is going on seven years since we won the Laker Invitational.

They just need to improve on their relentless penetration and taking it strong to the hole...

JR2004
01-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
They just need to improve on their relentless penetration and taking it strong to the hole...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We also do not have enough guys who like doubling the ball handler!

themsu97
01-16-2009, 10:24 AM

hahahahahahahaha... if only people could be more original... I remember in the late 80's having that shirt from Duke... had the Final Four Xed out in the front and Duke Invitational on the back...

The Lakers are good, but yet again, the winner will come out of the East... Kobe will learn again that without Shaq, he is nothing... he will learn that LeBron is the best player in the NBA, bar none, the Cavs are the only team that has a shot at beating the Celtics in a 7 game playoff series... LA will get, as always, all the calls they need to get to the finals, I mean we know Stern is all about money and ratings and the Lakers are good for both... and the Lakers are no doubt one of the best teams in the West, but they are outside the top 3 if they were to be in the East...
the Lakers are one of the top 6 teams in the NBA, but Cleveland, Orlando and Boston are ahead of them...