So young....so angry.....:D

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
So young....so angry.....:D

Angry? About?

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
St. Louis at least has two Super Bowl appearances and one win in the last decade.

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
1 Detroit
2 Oakland
3 Dallas
4 Kansas City
5 St. Louis

Three of those five have played in a Super Bowl this decade.
IMO Detroit and Oakland are the only jokes on that list and that's
due to William Clay Ford Jr. and Al Davis.

Bullaholic
01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Angry? About?

You really think the Cowboys belong in this company, kep?

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
St. Louis at least has two Super Bowl appearances and one win in the last decade.

That's why they are at 5. Cincy and Cleveland also were in the mix.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

St. Louis, Oakland, and ?

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You really think the Cowboys belong in this company, kep?

Absolutely! I really thought about putting them higher on the list.

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
St. Louis, Oakland, and ?

When did Dallas beat Pittsburgh?:confused:

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:33 PM
When did Dallas beat Pittsburgh?:confused:

Not in this decade! It was 1996.

DDBooger
01-15-2009, 01:41 PM
due to William Clay Ford Jr. and Al Davis. :dispntd: being a Raider fan, I must agree, I'm not as radical as those who want him to hurry up and meet his maker, but I'm getting desperate.

AggieBob
01-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Joke Franchise???? Read...

An article from Forbes Magazine, dated September 10, 2008, lists the Cowboys as the most valuable sports franchise in the United States, and second in the world (behind the United Kingdom's Manchester United), with an estimated value of approximately $1.612 billion, ahead of the Washington Redskins ($1.538 billion) and the New England Patriots ($1.324 billion).[4] They are also one of the wealthiest teams in the NFL, generating almost $269 million in annual revenue.[5]

The Cowboys have been one of the most successful teams of the modern era (since 1960). The team has won five Super Bowls and eight conference championships. The Cowboys have more victories (41) on Monday Night Football than any other NFL team; the Miami Dolphins are second with 39 and the San Francisco 49ers are third with 38.[6] They hold NFL records for the most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least ten wins (25). The team has earned the most post-season appearances (29), a league record of 56 post-season games (winning 32 of them), the most division titles with 20, the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8). The Cowboys also played in two NFL championship games before the NFL's 1970 merger with the American Football League. The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in just four years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are also tied with the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for having the most Super Bowl wins (5). The Cowboys' success and popularity has earned them the nickname "America's Team". In a statistical comparison of all teams since the AFL-NFL merger, ESPN's Page 2 placed the Cowboys at the top of its Ultimate Power Ranking.[7]

:nerd:

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
Joke Franchise???? Read...

An article from Forbes Magazine, dated September 10, 2008, lists the Cowboys as the most valuable sports franchise in the United States, and second in the world (behind the United Kingdom's Manchester United), with an estimated value of approximately $1.612 billion, ahead of the Washington Redskins ($1.538 billion) and the New England Patriots ($1.324 billion).[4] They are also one of the wealthiest teams in the NFL, generating almost $269 million in annual revenue.[5]

The Cowboys have been one of the most successful teams of the modern era (since 1960). The team has won five Super Bowls and eight conference championships. The Cowboys have more victories (41) on Monday Night Football than any other NFL team; the Miami Dolphins are second with 39 and the San Francisco 49ers are third with 38.[6] They hold NFL records for the most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least ten wins (25). The team has earned the most post-season appearances (29), a league record of 56 post-season games (winning 32 of them), the most division titles with 20, the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8). The Cowboys also played in two NFL championship games before the NFL's 1970 merger with the American Football League. The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in just four years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are also tied with the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for having the most Super Bowl wins (5). The Cowboys' success and popularity has earned them the nickname "America's Team". In a statistical comparison of all teams since the AFL-NFL merger, ESPN's Page 2 placed the Cowboys at the top of its Ultimate Power Ranking.[7]

:nerd:

:blahblah:

How about winning a playoff game for the first time in a dozen years?

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Not in this decade! It was 1996.

Wow! That long ago.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:dispntd: being a Raider fan, I must agree, I'm not as radical as those who want him to hurry up and meet his maker, but I'm getting desperate.

I saw where Oakland fired James Lofton the WR coach the other day. How do
you fire James Lofton?:confused:

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 01:50 PM
this is a ridiculous post. :rolleyes:

Bearkat
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
1 Detroit
2 Oakland
3 Dallas
4 Kansas City
5 St. Louis

I'm going to assume, even though I shouldn't, that you are trying to get a rise out of the COWBOYS fans. So, here's my question. How on earth can you put the DALLAS COWBOYS in a category with the likes of detroit, kansas city, and st. louis? How can the COWBOYS be considered a joke franchise?

I will give you 8 reasons why they are not a joke franchise:

Super Bowl V = Loss 13-16
Super Bowl VI = Win 24-3
Super Bowl X = Loss 17-21
Super Bowl XII = Win 27-10
Super Bowl XIII = Loss 31-35
Super Bowl XXVII = Win 52-17
Super Bowl XXVIII = Win 30-13
Super Bowl XXX = Win 27-17

I challenge you to find a franchise in more super bowls. YOU CAN'T!!!
I challenge you to find a franchise with more super bowl wins. YOU CAN'T!!! (you could wait until the end of this season. pittsburgh has a chance)

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

You don't think Detroit deserves to be on kep's list?:thinking:

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM

If you don't like it you can go fart in HP again!

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 01:54 PM
You don't think Detroit deserves to be on kep's list?:thinking:

detroit...yes definitely. i feel stomach pains of embarassment when i watch them play. or to watch a talent like roy williams have to suffer....it truly makes me sad. :(

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I'm going to assume, even though I shouldn't, that you are trying to get a rise out of the COWBOYS fans. So, here's my question. How on earth can you put the DALLAS COWBOYS in a category with the likes of detroit, kansas city, and st. louis? How can the COWBOYS be considered a joke franchise?

I will give you 8 reasons why they are not a joke franchise:

Super Bowl V = Loss 13-16
Super Bowl VI = Win 24-3
Super Bowl X = Loss 17-21
Super Bowl XII = Win 27-10
Super Bowl XIII = Loss 31-35
Super Bowl XXVII = Win 52-17
Super Bowl XXVIII = Win 30-13
Super Bowl XXX = Win 27-17

I challenge you to find a franchise in more super bowls. YOU CAN'T!!!
I challenge you to find a franchise with more super bowl wins. YOU CAN'T!!! (you could wait until the end of this season. pittsburgh has a chance)

That's all well and good but it doesn't change the fact that right now the 'boys are a joke.

And FYI your assumption was not correct.

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
If you don't like it you can go fart in HP again!

oh i probably will next time i go. :) someone has their panties in a wad! sheesh! must have on the tuesdays when its thursday! :eek:

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
That's all well and good but it doesn't change the fact that right now the 'boys are a joke.

And FYI your assumption was not correct.

I guess the question is

Why do you think the Cowboys are a "joke"

When I think of a joke franchise I think of one like Detroit or Raiders or Rams

teams that are terrible and are nowhere close to be on the upswing

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey kep, the Texans have never had a winning season. Where do they fall on the list?

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
oh i probably will next time i go. :) someone has their panties in a wad! sheesh! must have on the tuesdays when its thursday! :eek:

Yeah I still think they shouldn't have made two days of the week that start with the same letter! It gets kind of confusing for stupid people like me!

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Hey kep, the Texans have never had a winning season. Where do they fall on the list?

Hmm...I'd probably still be willing to give them an expansion exemption. I know they've been around several years now, but I'll give them a full decade before declaring them a joke.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I guess the question is

Why do you think the Cowboys are a "joke"

When I think of a joke franchise I think of one like Detroit or Raiders or Rams

teams that are terrible and are nowhere close to be on the upswing

The 'boys amuse me and make me laugh.

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah I still think they shouldn't have made two days of the week that start with the same letter! It gets kind of confusing for stupid people like me!

thats why you get brown undies for any occasion.

Bearkat
01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Give us a reason that the DALLAS COWBOYS are a joke of a franchise. I don't think you can. Say what you want, but you will find 31 other franchises on the joke list before you will find the COWBOYS. Or should I say, before you find the greatest franchise in NFL history.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Give us a reason that the DALLAS COWBOYS are a joke of a franchise. I don't think you can. Say what you want, but you will find 31 other franchises on the joke list before you will find the COWBOYS. Or should I say, before you find the greatest franchise in NFL history.

We're talking about two totally different things. I'm talking about the present state of the team. You are talking about the collective history of the team.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
thats why you get brown undies for any occasion.

If I were brown undies how do I tell when they need changed?

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 02:11 PM
If I were brown undies how do I tell when they need changed?

EXACTLY! :2thumbsup

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
We're talking about two totally different things. I'm talking about the present state of the team. You are talking about the collective history of the team.

i think we were all thinking you meant historically.

Bearkat
01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
That's what a franchise is. The franchise doesn't start over every 5-10 years. The franchise started in 1960 and has continued since. I will, however, agree with you on one thing. They didn't perform to their expectations this year. I sure hope they correct their problems for next season, and I hope the steelers do not win the super bowl this year. It would be hard to see them with 6 trophies.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
i think we were all thinking you meant historically.

Somebody would have to be an idiot to rank the Cowboys as a top 5 joke franchise of all time! And I am no idiot! I'm stupid!

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:17 PM
That's what a franchise is. The franchise doesn't start over every 5-10 years. The franchise started in 1960 and has continued since. I will, however, agree with you on one thing. They didn't perform to their expectations this year. I sure hope they correct their problems for next season, and I hope the steelers do not win the super bowl this year. It would be hard to see them with 6 trophies.

I look at the state of a franchise like the state of someone's health; there is fluctuation.

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Somebody would have to be an idiot to rank the Cowboys as a top 5 joke franchise of all time! And I am no idiot! I'm stupid!

oh ok. you are alright kep.

kepdawg
01-15-2009, 02:22 PM
EXACTLY! :2thumbsup

But if I can't tell when they need changed things might get kind of stinky.

Bullaholic
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
But if I can't tell when they need changed things might get kind of stinky.

Well, taking a stab at pulling the 2 central thread thoughts together---I think the Cowboys need an underwear change. :D

themsu97
01-15-2009, 02:35 PM

sorry, that would be the Bears... COwboys would be top 5 of all time... yes, the Cowboys have been to 8 superbowls and yes they have 5 wins... but the Steelers are 5 for 6 and of course the 49ers are 5 for 5...
I would almost even say that New England is better than Dallas... the Steelers and Packers are right there as well...
so, when you go by history, Dallas could be a top 5 of all time, but may not be as well... depends on who you ask... I would put them there, but they are not the top...

as far as this goes... Dallas is a disappointment, and some of you are putting up facts that just kind of add to the fire, if they are so great, then why have they underachieved, at least the Lions, Rams, and Raider fans know there team is not any good...
heck, Atlanta and Baltimore both had 7 wins between them last year, and both made the playoffs and one is in the conference championship... even Arizona...
in this what have you done for me lately society, it could be said that the Cowboys are an embarrassment, throw in the love the media has for them, and it is a circus... that is embarassing...

but, they are nowhere near Detroit, Oakland, and St Louis, or even Cleveland or Cincinnatti...

coach
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM

3 of the 5? can you count? only two teams in the last decade are st louis and oakland

Bearkat
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
No, no franchise is better than DALLAS. Think about it like this. The COWBOYS have been to 8 super bowls. Five of the eight times, no one in football was better. 3 of the eight times only one team was better. Therefore, the COWBOYS have finished #1 or #2 more times than any franchise in the history of the NFL.

themsu97
01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
No, no franchise is better than DALLAS. Think about it like this. The COWBOYS have been to 8 super bowls. Five of the eight times, no one in football was better. 3 of the eight times only one team was better. Therefore, the COWBOYS have finished #1 or #2 more times than any franchise in the history of the NFL.

no, in the HISTORY of the NFL, noone is better than the Bears or Packers...
heck, before they started teh Super Bowl, they played NFL championships, and the Browns won the last three of those...

Green Bay and Chicago are storied franchises that are far better than Dallas...
Dallas could be in the top 5... New England would be very close to them...
obviously you think that teh NFL started with the Super Bowl... no so fast my friend...

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
no, in the HISTORY of the NFL, noone is better than the Bears or Packers...
heck, before they started teh Super Bowl, they played NFL championships, and the Browns won the last three of those...

Green Bay and Chicago are storied franchises that are far better than Dallas...
Dallas could be in the top 5... New England would be very close to them...
obviously you think that teh NFL started with the Super Bowl... no so fast my friend...

I dont know if NE is close to them...before this run NE was a doormat for the most part( except for a year here and there)

This stretch now for NE is amazing but it is jst a small part in terms of overall years

Look at Dallas since they got in the league

2 NFL title game in 60's

5 SB in 70's

3 NFC Title games in 80's

3 SB wins in 90s

The 2000s MIGHT be the first decade that Dallas does not at least play in a NFC title game

That imo is consistency

LH QB 12
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM

True..but kep is talking about the Cowboys of the past few years and especially this year. The Cowboys were a complete joke this year, they had all the talent in the world and could do nothing with it. I compare them to the New York Yankees in baseball, the owner can buy the best players out there, and has done it for the past few years, but they continue to not be successful..just like the Cowboys did this year, and if they dont get it together they could repeat this again next season. Just my opinion.

themsu97
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont know if NE is close to them...before this run NE was a doormat for the most part( except for a year here and there)

This stretch now for NE is amazing but it is jst a small part in terms of overall years

Look at Dallas since they got in the league

2 NFL title game in 60's

5 SB in 70's

3 NFC Title games in 80's

3 SB wins in 90s

The 2000s MIGHT be the first decade that Dallas does not at least play in a NFC title game

That imo is consistency

I totally agree, but in the history of the NFL, I would say that Chicago and Green Bay are better...
Dallas would not be better than them in the history, in the Super Bowl Era, yeah, I would argue that the Cowboys are near the top if not at the top, but they have not won a playoff game in 10 years, that does not add up to #1 now, which is what kep is saying