PDA

View Full Version : SoftBall top 10

RBARKER
03-01-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't know where this originated from but it was posted on the Barbers Hill Web site

Conference 3A
1. Bridge City
2. Caldwell
3. Barber's Hill
4Lufkin Hudson
5Canyon
6Hamshire-Fannett
7LaGrange
8Pearsall
9Wharton
10tSweeny and Bellville

Notes: Brandi Crnkovic is the real deal and so is Caldwell as the Lady Hornets raced through the McCallum tournament. Crnkovic had 12 strikeouts against Bellville and nine against LaGrange. Speaking of the Right Side of Texas tournament, Barbers Hill used the all around play of cousins Crystal and Samantha Gonzales to mark them as a team to be reckoned with. Lufkin Hudson is struggling a bit as they have six starters in basketball and injuries have delayed the start for their all state catcher. Bellville beat Wharton in a non-district game. Wharton lost to El Campo in the Championship game 1-0 aftering beating a good Lamar Consolidated team and Victoria Memorial. Wharton's Casey Matzke has pitched 35 innings this year with 40 strikeouts and 3 earned runs. Canyon won the Borger Tournament by beating Dumas 3-0 behind the strong arm of Leslie Weston who also pitched shutouts in the quarterfinals and semifinals against Amarillo High and Levelland. Sweeny is 10-3 after finishing third at Gonzales; Sweeny has big wins over LaVernia, Austin Akins and Brazosport. Sweeny is using southpaw freshman Maggie Frerichs and junior right hander and Brazoria County newcomer of the year last season, Alicia Bonner on the mound. Wharton defeated El Campo in the 3rd place game in Victoria 9-3.

middleagecardinal
03-01-2004, 03:10 PM
www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.html (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.html)

RBARKER
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks I'll mark that site for future reference. Not bad having three teams in the top 10 from this area being Bridge City, Barbers Hill & HF

3afan
03-02-2004, 08:15 AM
today I have 2A #2 Prosper at 4A Wylie, JV/V DH ... should be a good one