PDA

View Full Version : You never were!!!!

Ranger Mom
01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
If you don't like the Cowboys NOW because you don't like Jerry Jones...

If you don't like the Cowboys NOW because you don't like T.O./Pacman, etc...

If you don't like the Cowboys NOW because you don't like the head coach....

You never were a TRUE Cowboys fan to begin with......a TRUE Cowboys fan supports them through good times and bad, through good owners and bad, through good players and bad, through good coaches and bad.

I am proud to admit that I am a TRUE Cowboys fan!!

Yes...there are times I may think twice about wearing one of my various Cowboys shirts....but I always do!!!

All of you that "used to be"....were nothing but a bunch of pretenders all along away......IMO of course!! :D

Whew.....I feel better now!!

Carry on!!

:stirpot: :stirpot: :kiss:

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
AMEN!

Real fans don't change their support because of the names on the back of the jersey or in the front office. They support their teams because of the name/logo on the front!

I've been a Rangers fan since I was very young, and even in their darkest moments over the last decade, I've never once thought about switching to an Astros fan or something else.

piratebg
01-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Right on Kel. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Dog
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey RM, have you ever considered how great it would be if ciitzens could hold stock in the Cowboys. I think Green Bay's ownership is that way. Not totally for sure, maybe someone on here knows for sure. I'd love to invest in Cowboy "stock" if given the opportunity.

Being a Cowboy fan is somewhat like rooting for the Aggies right now......................gona take lots of abuse and shed some tears.

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

You never were a TRUE Cowboys fan to begin with......a TRUE Cowboys fan supports them through good times and bad, through good owners and bad, through good players and bad, through good coaches and bad.

Yes...there are times I may think twice about wearing one of my various Cowboys shirts....but I always do!!!

All of you that "used to be"....were nothing but a bunch of pretenders all along away......IMO of course!! :D

Carry on!!

Uh...I'm a Detroit Lion fan. So, all you true/untrue fans can cry me a
river all you want. I'm the only one that has a legitimate gripe
about there pro team.:(

I wish Detroit had the same problems as Dallas.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

If you are admitting that you are a Detroit Lion Fan....then you are certainly a TRUE fan!!:clap:

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM

I wish Detroit had the same problems as Dallas.:thinking:

How many times do I have to offer you Sean Avery before you're willing to take some of Dallas' problems???? :D

pirate4state
01-15-2009, 11:14 AM

Carry on!!

:clap: :clap: EXACTLY! :clap: :clap:

pancho villa
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I have hated the Cowboys since 1965!

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
If you are admitting that you are a Detroit Lion Fan....then you are certainly a TRUE fan!!:clap:

:D and :tongue:

Ranger Mom
01-15-2009, 11:16 AM
:D and :tongue:

I was being sincere!!:(

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
How many times do I have to offer you Sean Avery before you're willing to take some of Dallas' problems???? :D

Speaking of Avery, whatever happened to John Rocker? He was
another PR nightmare.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I was being sincere!!:(

Ooops:doh:

Sorry:inlove:

pirate4state
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I have hated the Cowboys since 1965! Are you wearing tight pants today?

GetRDoneStangs
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I have hated the Cowboys since 1965!

You sound like my dad....when I was a kid growing up watching the boys and the Boys would make that big play to win the game....

He would slam down the foot rest on the recliner and say "Luckiest D**** team I have ever seen!!"

But then being the loving dad he was, he would sit through it with me all over again the next Sunday!!!:clap: :clap:

Phil C
01-15-2009, 11:24 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

GO COWBOYS!

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Speaking of Avery, whatever happened to John Rocker? He was
another PR nightmare.:thinking:

Last time I saw him he was a "celebrity athlete" on Pros vs. Joes on Spike.

Bullaholic
01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I always have been and always will be a true Cowboys fan, but I reserve the right to be unhappy with the team, and that means the players up to owners, when I feel they are not doing their best with their play or their decisions. The two biggest qualities that set winning teams above the rest are intelligence and honor--lack of either in players, coaches, or owners cannot be overcome by all of the athletic talent in the world.

icu812
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Dallas has always been for me the team I love to hate. Now I'll tell you why. Growing up I lived in 5 different states from the Misouri river to the West coast (this is 70's/80's) and no matter where I lived I had to watch the Cowboys because they were on TV every Sunday. They were ALWAYS on TV. Thank God for the Sunday ticket.

Having punks like Packman, T.O. and M.Irvin just make me dislike them even more.

Go everybody but the Cowboys!! :D

Ranger Mom
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I wonder how many "closet Cowboy fans" we have??

My ex-sister-in-laws new father-in-law professes to HATE the Cowboys....yet he doesn't miss a single game!!!

If "his" team (and I can't even remember who that supposedly is) is playing on a different channel than the Cowboys...he will watch the Cowboys and just flip back from time to time to "his" team to get the score.

He just needs to come out of the closet already!!:hand: :hand:

pancho villa
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
You sound like my dad....when I was a kid growing up watching the boys and the Boys would make that big play to win the game....

He would slam down the foot rest on the recliner and say "Luckiest D**** team I have ever seen!!"

But then being the loving dad he was, he would sit through it with me all over again the next Sunday!!!:clap: :clap:

I raised my daughter right she hates the Cowboys more than I do. However I went wrong somewhere with my son he likes the Cowgirls!

Bullaholic
01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
I raised my daughter right she hates the Cowboys more than I do. However I went wrong somewhere with my son he likes the Cowgirls!

I bet your family gatherings are never boring, Pancho...Any stand-around fans in the rest of the family? :D

pancho villa
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I bet your family gatherings are never boring, Pancho...Any stand-around fans in the rest of the family? :D

There are all sizes, shapes, and fans in our family. And it in never boaring or quiet!

bandera7
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I also hate the cowboys, but mostly cause my dad hates the cowboys. However, he loves the packer, I am a diehard Eagles fan? Not sure how that one happened. But I am the only true eagles fan in my home town.

DDBooger
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM

I wish Detroit had the same problems as Dallas.:thinking: being a Raider fan, I understand compadre :rolleyes:

DDBooger
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I wonder how many "closet Cowboy fans" we have??

My ex-sister-in-laws new father-in-law professes to HATE the Cowboys....yet he doesn't miss a single game!!!

If "his" team (and I can't even remember who that supposedly is) is playing on a different channel than the Cowboys...he will watch the Cowboys and just flip back from time to time to "his" team to get the score.

He just needs to come out of the closet already!!:hand: :hand: could be waiting to jump on the bandwagon :thinking:

BuffyMars
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I LOVE ALL 3! :)

I am not crazy about Wade Phillips, but I absolutely love TO and Jerry.

Trashman
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I am a true cowboys fan. I do reserve the right to gripe and moan about them. :D

Pmoney
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I am a Jacksonville fan but I will root for the Cowboys as long as they are not playing Jacksonville

BwdLions
01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
You're right, I never was a true Cowboys' fan. I grew up a Steelers' fan in the 70s and 80s. I used to have a Steelers team jacket when I was in jr. high. That was in the days of Bradshaw, Harris, Greene, Lambert, Ham, Greenwood, Swann and Shell. They beat the Cowboys and Oilers on a regular basis back in those days. I've tried to be a Cowboys' fan, but it's not easy.