PDA

View Full Version : Owens to possibly be released?

JR2004
01-14-2009, 08:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3833575

Emerson1
01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Meh. I wouldn't doubt it, but I don't believe it. Anything involving Werder and his secret source I won't believe any more

Keith7
01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Meh. I wouldn't doubt it, but I don't believe it. Anything involving Werder and his secret source I won't believe any more

why not? he didnt seem to be too far off all that cowgirl drama he reported earlier this season

Electus Unus
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
That would be a bad move by the Cowboys.

Cameron Crazy
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Saw that on ESPN homepage just a second ago. I bet its B.S

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
owens isnt the problem, he would shut his mouth if he had a good quarterback. Romo is the problem

Electus Unus
01-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by LH QB 12
owens isnt the problem, he would shut his mouth if he had a good quarterback. Romo is the problem I don't think Romo is the problem. In my opinion it starts with the head coach, who has no control over any of the team and is easily persuaded by his players to make stupid challenges, then it goes to the offensive coordinator. Ray Lewis said after the Dallas/Baltimore game that the Cowboys offense was the easiest and most simple offense he has ever seen.

Trashman
01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
TO has to go!:D

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I don't think Romo is the problem. In my opinion it starts with the head coach, who has no control over any of the team and is easily persuaded by his players to make stupid challenges, then it goes to the offensive coordinator. Ray Lewis said after the Dallas/Baltimore game that the Cowboys offense was the easiest and most simple offense he has ever seen.

true..but, Romo makes some of the stupidest decisions out of any QB in the league which has costed them games such as the game against the Steelers when he threw a pic 6 to sew up the game for Pittsburg. The Cowboys need a plamaker at QB, they have playmakers surrounding Romo yet he still cannot lead them to a title or even the playoffs.

Emerson1
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
true..but, Romo makes some of the stupidest decisions out of any QB in the league which has costed them games such as the game against the Steelers when he threw a pic 6 to sew up the game for Pittsburg. The Cowboys need a plamaker at QB, they have playmakers surrounding Romo yet he still cannot lead them to a title or even the playoffs.
You mean the pass on the route Witten completely screwed up on? That Garrett and Witten confirmed was Witten's fault?

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
a VERY generic article..

when a team who is supposed to be in the SB misses the play-offs almost everyone will be looked at as should they stay or should they go

this line made me lol

"The big one [Owens] didn't get discussed yet, but I'm sure it will and real hard.''

Wow how generic can u get

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You mean the pass on the route Witten completely screwed up on? That Garrett and Witten confirmed was Witten's fault?

I may be mistaken, but i think that there was one on the drive right after that when they got the ball back.

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
when a team who is supposed to be in the SB
I'm curious to know (because I don't keep up lol) who determined that the Cowboys were supposed to be in the SB. :confused:

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm curious to know (because I don't keep up lol) who determined that the Cowboys were supposed to be in the SB. :confused:

I think after last year's 13-3 season ALOT of people thought Dallas had the talent and team to be in the SB

media, scouts all of them

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I think after last year's 13-3 season ALOT of people thought Dallas had the talent and team to be in the SB

Oh, okay. Like I said, I don't keep up enough, but never heard it other than on here. I thought maybe it was just Homer talking. ;)

trojan37
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM

For gods sake, their NFL football players. They should all have the talent to make it to the SB. If you ain't talented, you don't go to the NFL. You have to throw the COACH in there somewhere.

solocam
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
TO has to go!:D
I agree he is more trouble than he is worth
Trade him and Romo both

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Trade him and Romo both

agreed

Trashman
01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I say keep Romo, if he will loose his "too cool for school" attitude.:D

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Trade him and Romo both

I love the trade Romo...then what does Dallas do? You dont just find another QB ready to step in

Right now Romo is best option for Dallas

SintonFan
01-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
For gods sake, their NFL football players. They should all have the talent to make it to the SB. If you ain't talented, you don't go to the NFL. You have to throw the COACH in there somewhere.
That there folks is a case of them there common sense posts.
The coach is the coach and the players are the players. NFL players but a defensive co-ordinator as a coach. They were 13-3 last year because they had some left over discipline from Parcells.
This year's team was all his making.
TO needs to go. Romo needs to not go. He has shown stretches of brilliance and can be great imho. I am frustrated overall because Jerry, as the owner, is GM. Bad problem that there.

coach
01-14-2009, 10:19 PM
to and roy williams and crayton all had a problem with the offense and to gets thrown under the bus.....all acted as professionals and went to their boss in closed doors in a private meting. Jason witten got the news and told someone outside the team. There is your problem. If witten keeps his mouth shut none of this happens. TO just wants to win he is not casing problems he is just very competitive and wants tht ring. If the boys release him i will be very dissapointed.

The problem is Garret...i hope and pray he gets hired as a head coach..if we lose garret we can be dominating. Keep to romo just lose garret

trojan37
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by coach
to and roy williams and crayton all had a problem with the offense and to gets thrown under the bus.....all acted as professionals and went to their boss in closed doors in a private meting. Jason witten got the news and told someone outside the team. There is your problem. If witten keeps his mouth shut none of this happens. TO just wants to win he is not casing problems he is just very competitive and wants tht ring. If the boys release him i will be very dissapointed.

The problem is Garret...i hope and pray he gets hired as a head coach..if we lose garret we can be dominating. Keep to romo just lose garret

Yeah, Jason Witten is the problem.:rolleyes: It's perfectly ok for TO to run around on the sidelines yelling and screaming and acting like a dumba$#! I should have known all along it was Witten's fault.:thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, Jason Witten is the problem.:rolleyes: It's perfectly ok for TO to run around on the sidelines yelling and screaming and acting like a dumba$#! I should have known all along it was Witten's fault.:thumbsup:

his point is..IF Witten(or whoever was the one who went to the media) told Werder, THAT is a big no no..ALL lockerooms have problems, every one has people get in fights, arguments, players mad at coaches and so on. But the trust that what happens in the locker stays in the locker is one of those elements that binds a team together.

If you cant trust the guy next to you in the locker, you cant trust them on the field.

trojan37
01-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Maybe Witten is just jealous of the relationship between Tony and T.O. Could that be possible,:devil:.................................. .........

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/6683/xl/romo_homo.jpg

Trashman
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Now that was funny.:D

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe Witten is just jealous of the relationship between Tony and T.O. Could that be possible,:devil:.................................. .........

lol nice

I really hope it was not Witten, cause I like him, but if he did rat to the press that is a HUGE no no in my book, one of the worst treacherous things a player can do imo is air dirty laundry to the press

SintonFan
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM

I'm thinking your poster is mis-named.
It should read:
Jessica Owens (cuz of all the drama)
Tony Simpson (cuz all he did was back up everyone and got $crewed)
Terrell Romo (jus use your imagination)

coach
01-14-2009, 10:46 PM

no no no i never said witten was the problem he just should have kept his mouth shut

Emerson1
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
And you know what TO is saying? If TO was bringing down people on the sidelines someone would say something about it, there are all kinds of reporters and microphones that can pick that stuff up.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by coach
no no no i never said witten was the problem he just should have kept his mouth shut

I will say it

IF Witten went to the media with something that happen behind closed doors, then in this case HE was the main problem

coach
01-14-2009, 10:56 PM
i agree tx now if only we can get on the same page with the michael young story then we will be alright

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
owens isnt the problem, he would shut his mouth if he had a good quarterback. Romo is the problem

Right, just like he shut his mouth when he had Pro Bowl quarterbacks in Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb?

Owens mouth has been shut far more than ever before since Romo became his QB.

pirate4state
01-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Should they release him, does that mean g$$ was wrong? :D

That is if TO doesn't explode before all the guessing games are over? :thinking:

BwdLions
01-15-2009, 10:26 AM
I know all athletes have their fans, but I can't understand why anyone would root for T.O. He's been trouble for every team he's played for. He is not a team player. He never has been and never will be. He wants all the attention and acts like an idiot. The reason I'm not a big Cowboys' fan is because Jerry keeps bringing guys like this in.

Macarthur
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM

Wow! Unbelievable.

You do realize that Romo is a top 7 or 8 QB in the league. That's not me, that comes from Rick Gosslin, probably the most respected NFL writer in the nation.

Man, people have a very short memory. Who exactly do they go get? Do you remember the QB wasteland we've had here between Aikman & Romo?

Look, I'm not crazy about some of the things Romo has done lately, but there's something there that can not be coached and that's playmaking ability at the QB position. There's about 20-24 teams in the league that would give a testicle to have that.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Wow! Unbelievable.

You do realize that Romo is a top 7 or 8 QB in the league. That's not me, that comes from Rick Gosslin, probably the most respected NFL writer in the nation.

Man, people have a very short memory. Who exactly do they go get? Do you remember the QB wasteland we've had here between Aikman & Romo?

Look, I'm not crazy about some of the things Romo has done lately, but there's something there that can not be coached and that's playmaking ability at the QB position. There's about 20-24 teams in the league that would give a testicle to have that.

I really don't understand why anybody could debate whether Romo is a top 10 QB in this league. It has baffled me, but I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out.

The reason that Romo seems to be getting ripped comes down to two very large facets of people:

1. Cowboys "fans" who are so big of homers that they believe it's their God-given right as a Cowboys fan to have a guy widely regarded as a future Hall of Famer playing quarterback at all times. If he's not on the same level as Staubach and Aikman, even if his career is still young, then he stinks and doesn't deserve his spot on the team.

2. Cowboy-haters who look for any reason to criticize the team. There's one team in every sport that it's always cool to hate...the Yankees, the Red Wings, Notre Dame football, and the Cowboys. If those teams do not win a championship every single year, fans of other teams will mock and tear apart those teams for "utterly collapsing". Other fans become haters as a result of the ridiculous number of fans who fall into category #1.

Macarthur
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I really don't understand why anybody could debate whether Romo is a top 10 QB in this league. It has baffled me, but I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out.

The reason that Romo seems to be getting ripped comes down to two very large facets of people:

1. Cowboys "fans" who are so big of homers that they believe it's their God-given right as a Cowboys fan to have a guy widely regarded as a future Hall of Famer playing quarterback at all times. If he's not on the same level as Staubach and Aikman, even if his career is still young, then he stinks and doesn't deserve his spot on the team.

2. Cowboy-haters who look for any reason to criticize the team. There's one team in every sport that it's always cool to hate...the Yankees, the Red Wings, Notre Dame football, and the Cowboys. If those teams do not win a championship every single year, fans of other teams will mock and tear apart those teams for "utterly collapsing". Other fans become haters as a result of the ridiculous number of fans who fall into category #1.

I know; it's unbelievable.

Some people just don't think before they shoot their mouth off. Do they not remember how difficult it is to find good QBs in this league. You think the Vikings would like to have Romo? How about the Bears?

So what if Romo isn't as good as Roger or Troy...who the hell was? Hell, even if Romo is equal to Danny White, he will be one of the better QBs in the league for a decade.

Phil C
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
:(

I will still be a Cowboy fan but this is one move I wouldn't like.

We've already lost one great player because of some minor misunderstanding with the law.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
:(

I will still be a Cowboy fan but this is one move I wouldn't like.

We've already lost one great player because of some minor misunderstanding with the law.

But let's not forget that Owens has never been in trouble with the law. On that front, he's been as good a citizen as Billy Graham.

slpybear the bullfan
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM
People are frustrated with Romo for two main reasons.

1.) He has a terrible winning percentage during December and January. Right, wrong, or indifferent, he has officially been hung with the CANT WIN A BIG GAME label. Winning records, talent, knowledge, etc. is nice but when you cannot win the big ones people get frustrated. Fair? Nope, just the way it is.

2.) He IS NOT a team leader on the field. Just because he is driving doesn't mean he is holding teammates accountable. Watch him on the sideline, watch him in press conferences, etc. He doesn't act like hewants to win. He doesn't get others fired up to win.

Do I think he is a bad QB? No. Do I think he will lead the Cowboys to a Superbowl? No. Not without maturing some more and getting a HC and OC that put more discipline into the team and scheme.

slpybear the bullfan
01-15-2009, 11:32 AM
RE: Cowboys favs to win SB.

If you did not hear this during the preseason... just google. LOTS of preseason picks to win plus almost a consensus in media that the Boys had the most talent on any team in the league.

Which brings up a whole other point about parity in today's NFL, but...

piratebg
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Sportscenter is going to interview Patrick Crayton live in like 30 minutes or so.

slpybear the bullfan
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Sportscenter is going to interview Patrick Crayton live in like 30 minutes or so.

Not a Patrick Crayton fan...

piratebg
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Not a Patrick Crayton fan...

I'm more of a Miles Austin fan myself, but it might be interesting to hear what he has to say about TO and Garrett.

pirate4state
01-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Sportscenter is going to interview Patrick Crayton live in like 30 minutes or so. oh jeez.....

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 11:41 AM

Talks a big talk and rarely backs it up...he's the receiver I'm most hoping to get released/traded this offseason.

slpybear the bullfan
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Talks a big talk and rarely backs it up...he's the receiver I'm most hoping to get released/traded this offseason.

+1... well, right behind Bobby Carpenter. We can consider him receiver for the purposes of this conversation... right?

Macarthur
01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
People are frustrated with Romo for two main reasons.

NOthing wrong with that. I love Romo and I'm frustrated by some things. The problem is when folks talk in an irrational manner by saying he sucks and needs to be traded. I'm telling you if the Cowboys announced today that Romo was available, somewhere between 20-24 teams would be beating down the door to make a deal.

1.) He has a terrible winning percentage during December and January. Right, wrong, or indifferent, he has officially been hung with the CANT WIN A BIG GAME label. Winning records, talent, knowledge, etc. is nice but when you cannot win the big ones people get frustrated. Fair? Nope, just the way it is.

No question they've had some struggles late in the season. However, I will adamantly argue that he hasn't won big games. He has won several big games. The last Giants game was a huge game, but since they won, it was just another regular season game. Both GB games the last two years have been big games. Although they sputtered early, he put them in position to win the Balt game if the defense just makes a stop at the end of that rediculous game.

Has he made mistakes, sure. Show me a QB that hasn't.

2.) He IS NOT a team leader on the field. Just because he is driving doesn't mean he is holding teammates accountable. Watch him on the sideline, watch him in press conferences, etc. He doesn't act like hewants to win. He doesn't get others fired up to win.

I'm beginning to think much of this is the cloud that is TO. I think you could see the fatigue on Romo's face as the season wore on. I think all the TO crap wore him out. I'm beginning to believe that if TO is gone, it would be a huge relief to the team; like a weight being lifted.

Do I think he is a bad QB? No. Do I think he will lead the Cowboys to a Superbowl? No. Not without maturing some more and getting a HC and OC that put more discipline into the team and scheme.

Sure he needs to mature about a few things, but I disagree about the SB. I do believe he will lead this team to a SB. I think Romo has very unique playmaking abilities and is still growing as a player.

Daddy D 11
01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Tony Dungy would be the answer to all these problems.

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Tony Dungy would be the answer to all these problems.

Dungy retired so he could follow his son play HS football and be with him in recruiting..I dount we see Dungy ever again on the sideline

Daddy D 11
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Dungy retired so he could follow his son play HS football and be with him in recruiting..I dount we see Dungy ever again on the sideline

Sadly, I agree with you. I was just throwing it out there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wade Phillips is the problem. Jerry Jones needs to find a coach that will instill discipline in the team.