PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to return

cshscougar08
01-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Just announced it in a press conference. Jermaine Gresham and OT Trent Williams also returning.

eagles_victory
01-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Mistakes by Sam and Jermaine in my opinion

trojan37
01-14-2009, 05:47 PM
So are these..........I mean this guy!:o

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/4060/xl/tim-tebow-girl.jpg

44INAROW
01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

mercy............:eek: she's got enough to share with Bikini Girl from American Idol:D

Bullaholic
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/suprised monkey.jpg

Electus Unus
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Sam is following in the footsteps of former Heisman trophy quarterback from Oklahoma, Jason White, in staying longer than he should. I look to see Sam's number decrease due to losing 4 of 5 linemen to graduation.

waterboy
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM

Oh, my!:eek: Is that his girlfriend?:inlove:

I agree that it's a mistake for Tim Tebow to not go pro, but I don't really think Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham are ready for the pros. Trent Williams would do just fine in the pros, but it is good news for Sooners fans that he is coming back, along with Bradford and Gresham. Isn't Oklahoma losing everyone except Williams on that O-line?

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Matt Leinart would have been the #1 pick to the Niners, but he waited a year and sank in Arizona when faced with competition. I think Bradford would have been a top 5 pick this year (I personally think the Lions would have taken him over Stafford at #1), and I have a feeling that Bradford will end up regretting his choice.

eagles_victory
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Oh, my!:eek: Is that his girlfriend?:inlove:

I agree that it's a mistake for Tim Tebow to not go pro, but I don't really think Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham are ready for the pros. Trent Williams would do just fine in the pros, but it is good news for Sooners fans that he is coming back, along with Bradford and Gresham. Isn't Oklahoma losing everyone except Williams on that O-line? You got that backwards Tebow made the right decision coming back he would of been no better than a 3rd round pick most likely. Bradford is at least a top ten pick at the very worst very possibly number 1 as crzy said and Gresham is far and away the top tight end drafted if he leaves.

waterboy
01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Matt Leinart would have been the #1 pick to the Niners, but he waited a year and sank in Arizona when faced with competition. I think Bradford would have been a top 5 pick this year (I personally think the Lions would have taken him over Stafford at #1), and I have a feeling that Bradford will end up regretting his choice.
I agree with you that Bradford might regret not going pro, and you could be right about his numbers going down. After all, he will only have one of his o-linemen back (Trent Williams). I still think he needs another year to develop at the collegiate level. I could be wrong, but I think he's making the best decision for him right now. Of course, I hope he buys insurance!

Trashman
01-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Mistakes by Sam and Jermaine in my opinion

he was afaid of being drafted by detroit!:D

Trashman
01-14-2009, 06:12 PM

I don't think I have ever seen a set of good conduct medals that large?:D

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
he was afaid of being drafted by detroit!:D

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I. B. Watching
01-14-2009, 06:34 PM
So what's wrong with staying in college? Bradford is actually a very good student. 3.95 GPA as a finance major I believe. So maybe the education is important in this case. I don't think he'll regret it. But he's the only one who will know for sure. The rest of us just can speculate.

Electus Unus
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
So what's wrong with staying in college? Bradford is actually a very good student. 3.95 GPA as a finance major I believe. So maybe the education is important in this case. I don't think he'll regret it. But he's the only one who will know for sure. The rest of us just can speculate. This decision could cost him from 10-20 million with the expected new rookie packages that are expected to be installed during this off season in the collective bargaining agreement. Which will prevent rookies from signing contracts bigger than proven veterans.

If he went #1 pick he would likely to receive 30 million + signing bonus. But with the new agreement he could only receive 15 million in signing bonuses. I don't know about you but that is a lot of money to throw away to receive an education you can ALWAYS go back and get.

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
This decision could cost him from 10-20 million with the expected new rookie packages that are expected to be installed during this off season in the collective bargaining agreement. Which will prevent rookies from signing contracts bigger than proven veterans.

If he went #1 pick he would likely to receive 30 million + signing bonus. But with the new agreement he could only receive 15 million in signing bonuses. I don't know about you but that is a lot of money to throw away to receive an education you can ALWAYS go back and get.
Not everything's about money. ;)

eagles_victory
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not everything's about money. ;) There is a joke thread already you dont have to post them on here.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I think its a mistake on Bradfords part risking the chance of being injured and ruining a career in the NFL just to go to another national championship and have OU choke again. :D
It could end up helping him but i dont agree with the decision.

trojan37
01-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not everything's about money. ;)

I agree. Maybe he has other plans. I have seen other qb's come out early to get drafted high and not do crap. He might turn out to be another Romo.:devil:

TinyTim
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Might be a good opportunity for the McCoy kid to decide to go pro and take the $$$$$$ while he can. Next year will be a quarterback filled draft.

cshscougar08
01-14-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't know about you but that is a lot of money to throw away to receive an education you can ALWAYS go back and get.

You can't ALWAYS go back and finish your degree genius. Apparently you didn't finish yours. Also, he doesn't need money, his family is plenty rich.

And to everyone. People know how talented he is and what he is capable of. His time will come. It's not like by staying at school you lose all the talent you have built up. That's bull. He'll still be a top pick whenever he goes, whether it be next year or even the next.

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
There is a joke thread already you dont have to post them on here.
Hey, maybe he's not even interested in going pro.

WylieBulldog92
01-15-2009, 12:32 AM
This decision could cost him from 10-20 million with the expected new rookie packages that are expected to be installed during this off season in the collective bargaining agreement. Which will prevent rookies from signing contracts bigger than proven veterans.

They said it won't happen until after the next draft at earliest so they don't have that to worry about.

WTF-82
01-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Bradford is redshirt Junior next season how is that a mistake. He is doing the right thing.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-15-2009, 05:18 AM

For some people, there are more important things than money. For Tebow and the way that he is presented and the way that he carries himself, I believe that he is one of those people. He's very charismatic and cares about his teammates and that is important and him coming back is going to prove just that. He's not being selfish, he's giving himself to a team. That's what successful football teams do and he has bought into that and I commend him for it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
You can't ALWAYS go back and finish your degree genius. Apparently you didn't finish yours. Also, he doesn't need money, his family is plenty rich.

And to everyone. People know how talented he is and what he is capable of. His time will come. It's not like by staying at school you lose all the talent you have built up. That's bull. He'll still be a top pick whenever he goes, whether it be next year or even the next.

That's a strong statement coming to a freshman in college who has a LONG way to go.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 10:21 AM

Actually yes, yes you can.

cshscougar08
01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Actually yes, yes you can.

Depends on where you go.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Depends on where you go.

umm, not really.

If you truly want to finish your degree, nothing can stop you.

NastySlot
01-15-2009, 01:02 PM
i respect bradford......he made that comment about always dreaming of playing at ou.......let him live that dream...........and another thing about the loss of money....maybe to some it's not that important........and 30 mil to 15 mil........still makes him a millionaire..........thats still a lot of money.

charlesrixey
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM

he's pretty strong if that doesn't make him question his faith~~!:p

BwdLions
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey don't forget, the sooner nation pays really well too. They don't pay as well as the pros but those players do okay.

gatordaze
01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
he's pretty strong if that doesn't make him question his faith~~!:p

That is not his girlfreind. That pics been around for a while.

I_Do_Care
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
That is not his girlfreind. That pics been around for a while. are you his current?

LH QB 12
01-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
are you his current?

Tebow likes men

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LH QB 12
Tebow likes men

I'm just going to give you a little word of advice since you're new here. If you continue to do nothing but throw out insults and dis on what others have to say, you're not going to last long around here.

LH QB 12
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm just going to give you a little word of advice since you're new here. If you continue to do nothing but throw out insults and dis on what others have to say, you're not going to last long around here.

wow someones a little cranky. IT WAS A JOKE. chill out for real

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 06:14 PM
wow someones a little cranky. IT WAS A JOKE. chill out for real

maybe try earning at least a little bit of credibility before joking all the time. Right now, you have 27 posts. More than half of them have been bashing someone/something.

That just gets old in a real hurry.

LH QB 12
01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
maybe try earning at least a little bit of credibility before joking all the time. Right now, you have 27 posts. More than half of them have been bashing someone/something.

That just gets old in a real hurry.

well then dont read my posts. problem solved

BwdLions
01-16-2009, 10:33 AM
well then dont read my posts. problem solved

By reading your posts my guess is you probably play QB for LH, but it's on the jr. high level.

LH QB 12
01-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
By reading your posts my guess is you probably play QB for LH, but it's on the jr. high level.

nope. i was QB #12 of the team that beat you :D
(that was a joke dont get offended)