PDA

View Full Version : Driving Pet Peeves......

waterboy
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Anybody got any driving pet peeves?

:mad: Some things that irk me are:

1) People who drive slow in the fast lane.
2) People who drive side-by-side blocking both the fast and slow lanes on a 4-lane highway.
3) People who tailgate.
4) People who are not courteous at all, like when you are at a gas station at a red light and need to get out, they won't allow you to get out.
5) People who drive in the fast lane all the time on an undivided 4-lane highway, no matter if the right (slow) lane is open or not.

I could think of a few more, but I want to leave some for y'all.:D

44INAROW
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

this bugs me..

also people that pass you then get in front of you and slow down :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Tailgaters...when you are going the speed limit!!

I REFUSE to speed up for those people!!

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Buffy's pet peeve is anyone in front of her...anywhere

BuffyMars
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

bwhahahahahaha!!! :mad:

i just don't like people. period.

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
People behind you that honk at you when you're at a red light because they want you to turn but they have no way of seeing the oncoming traffic.

BuffyMars
01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
oh and my new years resolution is to work on my road rage. thank you. :taunt:

mainly cause i dont want to get shot in dallas. its one thing to have it in the country....but up here!!! yeah i am that stupid. i will run my mouth to anyone, it doesn't matter. :doh:

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

mainly cause i dont want to get shot in dallas. its one thing to have it in the country....but up here!!! yeah i am that stupid. i will run my mouth to anyone, it doesn't matter. :doh:

yes she will

lets just say once someone got out of their car in Tyler ready to confront Buffy hahahaha

kepdawg
01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
People who drive with unsecured glass doors in the bed of their truck.

pirate4state
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Where do I begin?

1. People who drive like they are hauling eggs.
2. Pedestrians that take their sweet time walking across the parking lot or in their designated area! Hurry up!
3. People who don't know the rules at a 4 way stop!
4. People who don't use their signal light!
5. People who turn right, when they are suppose to turn left! :D

44INAROW
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM

my husband says the same thing about me. He's scared we're going to get shot one of these days - I USED to be bad about flipping the bird but I am better about that now ;)

waterboy
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds like Buffy is the epitome of a "Type A Personality".:D

Road rage will get you killed in the big city. We have plenty of backroads around here where she would do just fine.:D

BuffyMars
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
yes she will

lets just say once someone got out of their car in Tyler ready to confront Buffy hahahaha

she was crazy! not me...

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
she was crazy! not me...

RRRIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTTT

DU_stud04
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
people who drive with their feet.
girls that dont acknowledge the dry erase board.
people changing my radio.
people constantly on the phone and want the music turned down.
female drivers.
people who drive real fast and try to pass you before an 18wheeler, then slow down and take their time to actually pass the 18 wheeler..... i hate getting trapped.
female drivers.
people who don't know how to drive in the snow.
crotch rockets going 120 weaving around traffic.
people driving with their high beams on.
female drivers.
main pet peeve , especially in the metroplex, is when there was a wreck on the other side and everyone slows down to try and look... causing traffic jams for no apparent reason... it happens every day too.

oh yea, cant forget female drivers... they are the worst!

pirate4state
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
People behind you that honk at you when you're at a red light because they want you to turn but they have no way of seeing the oncoming traffic.

I honk at people in the turning lane when they just sit there, not paying attention to the fact that the protected green arrow is on! :mad:

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
people who drive with their feet.
girls that dont acknowledge the dry erase board.
people changing my radio.
people constantly on the phone and want the music turned down.
female drivers.
people who drive real fast and try to pass you before an 18wheeler, then slow down and take their time to actually pass the 18 wheeler..... i hate getting trapped.
female drivers.
people who don't know how to drive in the snow.
crotch rockets going 120 weaving around traffic.
people driving with their high beams on.
female drivers.
main pet peeve , especially in the metroplex, is when there was a wreck on the other side and everyone slows down to try and look... causing traffic jams for no apparent reason... it happens every day too.

oh yea, cant forget female drivers... they are the worst!

I can honestly say Buffy is one of the best drivers..just be prepared to go to MACH 3 in .3 seconds

I mean heck our car hood has burn marks from rentry into the Earth's atmosphere

BuffyMars
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I can honestly say Buffy is one of the best drivers..just be prepared to go to MACH 3 in .3 seconds

I mean heck our car hood has burn marks from rentry into the Earth's atmosphere

bwhahahahaha!! :clap: :clap:

terry is on a roll today! i can't help you drive slower than molasses on a mississippi summer day. :hand:

waterboy
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Buffy, he MUST be from East Texas. I'll bet he's driven on many a backroad drinking a cold one. Seriously, that's the ONLY time I drive slow.....:D

SWMustang
01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Tailgaters...when you are going the speed limit!!

I REFUSE to speed up for those people!!

If you're in the fast lane you deserve to be tailgated.

I also hate it when someone is obviously in the wrong and almost causes a wreck and then they have the audacity to flip OTHER drivers the bird.

Trashman
01-14-2009, 08:21 PM
People who think the left lane has no speed limits.:mad:

Necked
01-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I cant stand it when theres no one for miles behind me, & people pull out in front of me from a side road & make me slow down, when they could have waited 3 freekin' seconds more for me to pass before pulling out...that is rude annoys me to no end...

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
People who speed up to pass me, only to slam on their brakes to turn! :mad: :mad:

My husband griping about every single red light. He used to have TxDOT on speed dial to call & gripe about the cycles. :rolleyes: They keep changing the "traffic light" number. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

gobbler grad
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this bugs me..

also people that pass you then get in front of you and slow down :mad: :mad:

time for some road rage then...:mad:

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
If you're in the fast lane you deserve to be tailgated.

I also hate it when someone is obviously in the wrong and almost causes a wreck and then they have the audacity to flip OTHER drivers the bird.

If I am in the "fast lane" going the speed limit, no one should need to pass me anyway!

The only time I even drive in that lane is to pass a slower vehicle, or I may stay in it for a little bit more if there is another vehicle in the right lane that I know I will be passing.

Someone got right up on my butt the other day as I was getting ready to pass a truck...he swerved into the right lane where he thought he was gonna go around me....WRONG!!!!

I simply gassed it and he had to stay behind the truck because someone else had driven up behind me during that time.

When he finally got around me about 2 miles down the road....he threw me the bird..I just blew him a kiss!!

:D

rockdale80
01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by waterboy

:mad: Some things that irk me are:

2) People who drive side-by-side blocking both the fast and slow lanes on a 4-lane highway.
3) People who tailgate.
4) People who are not courteous at all, like when you are at a gas station at a red light and need to get out, they won't allow you to get out.
5) People who drive in the fast lane all the time on an undivided 4-lane highway, no matter if the right (slow) lane is open or not.

I could think of a few more, but I want to leave some for y'all.:D

Typically I hate everybody driving at the same time as me.

lakers
01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
People who speed up to pass me, only to slam on their brakes to turn! :mad: :mad:

Haha, I do that to people all the time... I think it is funny as hell!:D

And for all of you DL posters that like to speed, you should definitely invest in a radar detector/ scrambler. They have saved me countless times on my trips back home from Lubbock, heck I would prolly have my license suspended or somethin if I didn't. :thumbsup:

Old Green
01-15-2009, 06:20 AM
People that pass you only to slam on the brakes 100 yards in front of you to make a right turn when they could have stayed behind you for another 5 seconds then make their turn.

People driving and talking on the cell phones. Some people can't do two things at the same time.

SWMustang
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I am in the "fast lane" going the speed limit, no one should need to pass me anyway!

The only time I even drive in that lane is to pass a slower vehicle, or I may stay in it for a little bit more if there is another vehicle in the right lane that I know I will be passing.

That's the best policy - stay right unless you're going to pass. They even have signs on I35 between Austin and San Antonio telling drivers not to stay in the left lane.

Driving in BFE west texas is very different than Big City driving. When you're longest commute is 5 to 7 minutes there isn't a lot of road rage to build up.

jockcity33
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
1. People who do not use their turn signal.
2. People who never turn their turn signal off, I hate it when I am driving on the interstate and a car behind or in front of me has their turn signal on and they are not turning.

Trashman
01-29-2009, 01:44 PM
After the recent ice storm i have come up with 2 more.

1. Anybody that drives faster than you an idiot.
2. Anybody that drives slower than you is a moron.

nobogey72
01-29-2009, 03:06 PM
I especially hate it when I'm driving along, minding my own business, and a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader pulls up next to me and flashes me. That makes me sooooo mad.:mad:

IHStangFan
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
some of my favorites.....they seem to almost TEACH this in the Houston area in driver's ed....

"Tailgating....what's tailgating...I'm just drafting...gas is expensive these days..."

"I'm not sure WHAT that little lever on the left side of the steering column does....but I'm not about to touch it....it's scary."

"Oh yeah..I've seen those YIELD signs....YIELD is an acronym meaning "Yo I'm Exiting Lookout Dude!!"

"The speed limit is 65, you're doing 75, I'm TRYING to do 95 so I'm gonna dart in and out of traffic jumping lane to lane w/ no blinker and make absolutely NO progress because instead of paying attention to which lane is moving faster, I'd rather jump into the lane w/ more room that's moving 10mph slower and get cut off repeatedly as I try to dart ahead. "

:mad: :mad: :mad:

gobbler grad
01-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

4. People who don't use their signal light!

guess they don't put blinkers in those new vehicles...:mad:

this irritates the hell out of me...