PDA

View Full Version : New Economic plan

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I received this in an email. I thought it was funny, so....if anyone gets their panties in wad about it....deal it with, because I really don't care!!:D

The Birk Economic Recovery Plan

Hi Pals,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bon-a-fide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a 'W e Deserve It Dividend'.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other c ompany that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than I do the geniuses at AIG or i n Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion

bigwood33
01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
The math doesn't work. The figure is $425 per person at 200,000,000 people. That guy can't multiply and most calculators don't go that high.

waterboy
01-13-2009, 12:45 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I never really looked at that amount of money broken down that way. $595,000 for my wife and me? Oh man, does that sound good!!! To be honest, I'm sure the majority of Americans would go for this in a heartbeat rather than give to a company that has absolutely no fiscal responsibilty. How does the government justify bailing out all these major companies when they've showed nothing but fiscal irresponsibilty for all these years? That money, used like Mr. Birkenmeier proposes, would solve a whole lot of economic woes for more people than any one company, or many companies for that matter, can. I say the government needs to think long and hard, and look at what this man is saying! It makes a WHOLE LOT more sense than bailing out yet another big irresponsible company. I'm ALL FOR Mr. Birkenheier's proposal! It would sure solve some of the problems that have surfaced for my family the last few days.:(

crzyjournalist03
01-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
The math doesn't work. The figure is $425 per person at 200,000,000 people. That guy can't multiply and most calculators don't go that high.

Yeah...for some reason the British number system is different than the American. the 425,000 figure comes from the British version of "billion" which would actually be $85 trillion in American money.

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

Who cares???

It still sounds better than the crap we have now!!

crzyjournalist03
01-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who cares???

It still sounds better than the crap we have now!!

Well, to the government's defense (wow...I can't believe I just typed that!), they did give almost every American more than that in stimulus packages last year before any of the bailouts.

jason
01-13-2009, 01:44 PM
i wouldnt mind a repeat of last years package...

and i would put the $600 back into the american economy - i mean, strippers and cold coors light - it doesnt get any more american than that........

crzyjournalist03
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by jason
i wouldnt mind a repeat of last years package...

and i would put the $600 back into the american economy - i mean, strippers and cold coors light - it doesnt get any more american than that........

I had a kid last year, so I AM getting more this year!!! :D

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Well, to the government's defense (wow...I can't believe I just typed that!), they did give almost every American more than that in stimulus packages last year before any of the bailouts.

I was talking about the bailout fiasco we have going on now and not caring that "the math didn't add up" as that one poster said!!

Which is why I made the disclaimer that I did in the beginning, because I KNEW someone would come in and dissect it rather than take it for the fun reading it's supposed to be!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I had a kid last year, so I AM getting more this year!!! :D

I no longer have any dependents!!:weeping: :weeping:

STANG RED
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I no longer have any dependents!!:weeping: :weeping:

Me either. But she seems to still be costing more every year. :(
Where's my bailout???

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I was talking about the bailout fiasco we have going on now and not caring that "the math didn't add up" as that one poster said!!

Which is why I made the disclaimer that I did in the beginning, because I KNEW someone would come in and dissect it rather than take it for the fun reading it's supposed to be!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This thing was circulating around while the election campaigns were going on. People actually were silly enough to think that the 85 billion would equate to 425K per person. And if you consider that only about 70% of Americans actually PAY taxes and 10% of Americans pay 70% of the total tax fund why would they give EVERY American the money????

waterboy
01-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Man, I didn't think to look at the math part!:doh: It doesn't compute like he says!:dispntd: I still think I could use the money more wisely than AIG........it just wouldn't help as many people.

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I never really looked at that amount of money broken down that way. $595,000 for my wife and me? Oh man, does that sound good!!! To be honest, I'm sure the majority of Americans would go for this in a heartbeat rather than give to a company that has absolutely no fiscal responsibilty. How does the government justify bailing out all these major companies when they've showed nothing but fiscal irresponsibilty for all these years? That money, used like Mr. Birkenmeier proposes, would solve a whole lot of economic woes for more people than any one company, or many companies for that matter, can. I say the government needs to think long and hard, and look at what this man is saying! It makes a WHOLE LOT more sense than bailing out yet another big irresponsible company. I'm ALL FOR Mr. Birkenheier's proposal! It would sure solve some of the problems that have surfaced for my family the last few days.:(

Giving free money to Americans is possibly the #1 stupidest thing the government could do. The stimulous packet from last year didn't work. The economy still failed. This is a country of people who live above their means at all costs. They purchase way more house than they can afford even when it means 30 years of monthly payments. What do you think they would do if they were handed a wad of cash?????? Americans are really the most fiscally irresponsible people on the planet. We earn more and save less than any other developed country in the world. Why? Because we have been conditioned that way. Now the government is conditioning us that if worst turns to worst they will always be there to bail us out. I say America needs to kick off the crud and pull itself up by the boot straps. Of course we have to bailout companies who hold the retirement of millions in their hands but everyone else should be allowed to just fade away. We need to get back to a understanding that you EARN YOUR LIVING OR YOU DON'T LIVE!!!!!!

PutMeInCoach
01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
.....EARN YOUR LIVING OR YOU DON'T LIVE!!!!!!

This is so true! Especially for those who abuse the welfare system.

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
This is so true! Especially for those who abuse the welfare system. corporate as well, lets not forget the white collar handouts

waterboy
01-13-2009, 04:50 PM
True....but it sure sounded good!:D I wasn't one of those people born with the proverbial "silver spoon in their mouth", so yes I know it is not a fiscally responsible behavior for the government to give money away, no more so than it is for these big corporations to keep asking for bailout money. These big corporations will NOT make the necessary changes to keep things like this from happening is the biggest problem. If they'd show responsibility like every other American HAS to, then bailouts are probably a necessary evil to prevent a catastrophe like the loss of retirement benefits. If these corporations would trim the fat off the TOP instead of the bottom they would be going in the right direction. The sad part is that's not going to happen, and the government's bailing them out is only going to a temporary band-aid, so to speak.

shankbear
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
And the welfare system is still as screwed up as always. The numbers have never gone down. The eligibility requirements have gone down. The actual requirement to work or even seek work is a joke. That is a failed system. From the New Deal to the Great Society, the government welfare system is an abject failure. Pouring money down a rat-hole.

Productivity equals betterment. Productivity equals gain and empowerment. Waiting on the check breeds the wrong attitude. Work makes people strong. Work engenders pride.

Forget the gubmint bailouts. It is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by shankbear

Forget the gubmint bailouts. wonder who that was aimed at:rolleyes:

once again, people blaming the poor when elite deviance has caused more damage to the economy then any welfare family

BleedOrange
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Giving free money to Americans is possibly the #1 stupidest thing the government could do. The stimulous packet from last year didn't work. The economy still failed. This is a country of people who live above their means at all costs. They purchase way more house than they can afford even when it means 30 years of monthly payments. What do you think they would do if they were handed a wad of cash?????? Americans are really the most fiscally irresponsible people on the planet. We earn more and save less than any other developed country in the world. Why? Because we have been conditioned that way. Now the government is conditioning us that if worst turns to worst they will always be there to bail us out. I say America needs to kick off the crud and pull itself up by the boot straps. Of course we have to bailout companies who hold the retirement of millions in their hands but everyone else should be allowed to just fade away. We need to get back to a understanding that you EARN YOUR LIVING OR YOU DON'T LIVE!!!!!!

Well said. I didn't receive any stimulus nor do I want any. What I do want is the government to quit taking from me and giving to those who don't pay a nickel in taxes!! I am more than happy to may my FAIR (emphasis added) share but nothing more. Give people more of their money and the economy grows. If you keep increasing taxes on corporations/individuals they will be have no incentive to produce. In fact, you will find tha corporations may go elsewhere to conduct their business.

shankbear
01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey I-care.................whatever. You don't have a real clue. Whatever is in your mind should remain there. My redneck relatives from Winnsboro, LA say it that way.

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey I-care.................whatever. You don't have a real clue. Whatever is in your mind should remain there. My redneck relatives from Winnsboro, LA say it that way. sure:rolleyes: :D :wave:

shankbear
01-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Get a life rookie

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Get a life rookie
haha who has one, a person playing around or the person getting bent out of shape on the internet? lmao
:wave:
get a CLUE

shankbear
01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Not bent. You are ascribing a misplaced meaning to something I wrote. It is you who seem jacked up.

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
It is you who seem jacked up. opinions vary ;)
:wave:

I_DONT_CARE
01-13-2009, 08:13 PM
It is you who seem jacked up.
MAKES SENSE TO ME!

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
MAKES SENSE TO ME! you forgot ":rolleyes: "

:wave: haha

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
wonder who that was aimed at:rolleyes:

once again, people blaming the poor when elite deviance has caused more damage to the economy then any welfare family

I don't think anyone is blaming those who are poor. It's those who CHOOSE to be poor that I have a problem with. Sure there are a lot of wealthy people and corp execs who have abused the system but at least those people have contributed something to the country. Most of the welfare rolls in American contribute NOTHING except a constant drain on the system. It's kinda like the difference between stealing apples from my orchard and taking the dang pie off the window. One you have to work for and the other costs you nothing. Ok! Stupid analogy.....

I_Do_Care
01-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Sure there are a lot of wealthy people and corp execs who have abused the system but at least those people have contributed something . THe damage they made is infinitely larger than what they put in. you can put a cherry on Dog Deuce, but still crap! pretty good analogy! You're right, some CHOOSE to be poor, but I won't characterize all of them as that, nor only them as milking. Corp welfare totals over 450,000,000 3 times that of social welfare. That was PRIOR to the bailouts. Of course, when you take a handout in coat and tie it's not welfare, it's rescue!

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
THe damage they made is infinitely larger than what they put in. you can put a cherry on Dog Deuce, but still crap! pretty good analogy! You're right, some CHOOSE to be poor, but I won't characterize all of them as that, nor only them as milking. Corp welfare totals over 450,000,000 3 times that of social welfare. That was PRIOR to the bailouts. Of course, when you take a handout in coat and tie it's not welfare, it's rescue!

I say let's kill'em all so it will be just you, me and Walmart..............................