PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only fan...

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 10:29 AM
of American Idol??

It starts tonight!!:cheerl:

Lion_Addict
01-13-2009, 10:30 AM
We watch it! Just hoping the ladies are HOT......I mean can really sing!! :devil:

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
We watch it! Just hoping the ladies are HOT......I mean can really sing!! :devil:

Some of the previews have been pretty interesting....seems like a I saw a pretty girl or 2!!:)

Lion_Addict
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Some of the previews have been pretty interesting....seems like a I saw a pretty girl or 2!!:)

Yeah, the girl doing "Barracuda" sounded good :)

44INAROW
01-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I'll be watching again this season. Thank heaven for Tivo ;)
Do you watch The Bachelor? I haven't been a fan in the past, but for some strange reason, I watched the 1st 2 episodes this week. That guy is way too "smiley" for me :D

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'll be watching again this season. Thank heaven for Tivo ;)
Do you watch The Bachelor? I haven't been a fan in the past, but for some strange reason, I watched the 1st 2 episodes this week. That guy is way too "smiley" for me :D

My cable company doesn't have the Tivo option....so, I bought a Tivo box and the service from Tivo for my husband for Christmas!!!

I have watched more TV since Christmas than I probably did all year long!

injuredinmelee
01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
i watch the auditions for the laughs after that I could care less about hearing mediocre talent covering others work. DO look forward to bikini girl.

nobogey72
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I had never watched it until this last season. I have to admit that I really enjoyed it and plan to watch every episode this season.:) :)

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I had never watched it until this last season. I have to admit that I really enjoyed it and plan to watch every episode this season.:) :)

I haven't missed an episode in the past 7 years....which is amazing considering up to last month, I didn't even have Tivo!!:D

The year when Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice were on there (4th season, I believe) was my favorite season so far!!

Lion_Addict
01-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Now, who is this new chic judge again? Does she have sumthin to do with the music industry?

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Now, who is this new chic judge again? Does she have sumthin to do with the music industry?

Kara DioGuardi

Songwriter and producer Kara DioGuardi joined Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson at the judging table for the eighth season of "American Idol." Although not a household name when she was selected for the show, DioGuardi has worked with Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Kylie Minogue and Carrie Underwood. Her appointment as "Idol's" second female judge caused initial speculation about Abdul's reaction and her future on the Fox series. However, producers have said Abdul's job is safe, and Abdul has spoken about her support of DioGuardi.

eagles_victory
01-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I know a guy who made it to Hollywood for this season he goes to college with me but I don't know if his audition is going to be on or what night that it will be on

ccmom
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
LOVE IT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!:clap: :)

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I was a big Jason Castro fan last year...he definitely wasn't the best singer, but he appealed to me more than the others.

His little brother, Michael, (who Castro says sings way better than him) tried out and made it to Hollywood this year.

Texasfootball2
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Never watched it, not once. They don't show me enough during the timeouts or commercials on ESPN to get me interested. And besides, from what I hear about the guy Simon, I don't know if I would want to pat him on the back or kick his arse!

Keith7
01-13-2009, 04:20 PM
I hate that show almost as much as I hate Celina

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 10:36 AM
I try not to watch it because it will suck you in. Then afterwards you have to console yourself for the complete waste of time you just spent. That 2 hours could have been spend more productively. (like watching paint dry or Leaves change colors)

jason
01-14-2009, 10:38 AM
bikini girl was hot....

44INAROW
01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jason
bikini girl was hot....
without searching......... what did she sing?:D

jason
01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
without searching......... what did she sing?:D no idea, i muted it and just watched

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
bikini girl was hot....

until she made out with Seacrest...

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
bikini girl was hot....

She was WAY too skinny and had no figure (up top anyway!)

Her personality wasn't so great either....OR her voice!!

I would be MORTIFIED if my daughter appeared on National TV dressed like that.....and she (my daughter) is better built for it!!:p

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
She was WAY too skinny and had no figur (up top anyway!)

Her personality wasn't so great either....OR her voice!!

I would be MORTIFIED if my daughter appeared on National TV dressed like that.....and she (my daughter) is better built for it!!:p

The bikini chick is a swim wear model

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
and she (my daughter) is better built for it!!:p

Care to prove it???? :D :p ;)

44INAROW
01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
no idea, i muted it and just watched

I am NOT surprised :D it was Vision of Love by Mariah Carey

I liked the girl in the black and white dress....... She did a good job

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
until she made out with Seacrest...

Seacrest was horrified. He was afraid his boyfriend would see and get angry with him.
Question: does anyone remember the OTHER host that started the show with Seacrest in season 1????

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I am NOT surprised :D it was Vision of Love by Mariah Carey

I liked the girl in the black and white dress....... She did a good job

The young man who liked horror movies has something. I think he will go pretty far in the show.

STANG RED
01-14-2009, 10:55 AM
bikini girl was hot....

I thought she was way too skinney, and had an ugly face. Nice butt though.

I thought the blind guy at the end was way over hyped. He was good enough to move on I thought, but not nearly as good as the hype job he got leading up to his performance.

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I thought she was way too skinney, and had an ugly face. Nice butt though.

I thought the blind guy at the end was way over hyped. He was good enough to move on I thought, but not nearly as good as the hype job he got leading up to his performance.

my wife said something about how she just knew they were going to let him through, and I asked her what she expected. I mean, it's not like they're going to end the show by rejecting a disabled person.

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Care to prove it???? :D :p ;)

I'm not gonna prove it. I KNOW it for fact!!

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm not gonna prove it. I KNOW it for fact!!

meh...kolache.

jason
01-14-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm not gonna prove it. I KNOW it for fact!! kyle knows it too haha...

that probably sounds worse than it actually is lol....

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The young man who liked horror movies has something. I think he will go pretty far in the show.

I liked him too! The girl who sang Barracuda was pretty good....kinda freaky looking though!

I was gonna get mad if they let bikini girl through but not that girl in the black and white that Simon said her personality was what got her through....she sang WAY better!!!!

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
kyle knows it too haha...

that probably sounds worse than it actually is lol....

That made me laugh....I ran across that picture the other day!!!

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Seacrest was horrified. He was afraid his boyfriend would see and get angry with him.
Question: does anyone remember the OTHER host that started the show with Seacrest in season 1????

Brian Dunkleman, or something like that!!

44INAROW
01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Brian Dunkleman, or something like that!!
he was on Celebrity Fit club last year. Real weasel-like dude.....

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM

I believe that you are describing Seacrest.

Ranger Mom
01-14-2009, 11:23 AM
I believe that you are describing Seacrest.

I like Ryan Seacrest!! I didn't much care for that other dude on Season One though!!

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Can we call him and see if he will come back and get Ryan????? I think Bikini Girl should host from now on............