PDA

View Full Version : Texas will have toughest college football schedule in the nation in 2009!

Phil C
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh wow is me! And this is just the regular season in 2009. We thought 2008 was rough but get a load of what is coming. Man makes you want to eat a bowl of fried arsenic. :(
All games will be in Austin unless noted which is no consolation now.

09-05 Louisiana-Monroe. Holy fried shrimp! This is a team that lost to Arkansas by one point and all Arkansas did was beat power houses LSU and Auburn. At the same time Troy beat them by just one point and Troy was the team that barely lost to Southern Mississippi in OT in their bowl game. What a tough beginning.

09-12 at Wyoming. Jumping calf roping! What is going on here. They are going to have a dynamic new coach and this team beat SEC powerhouse Tennessee (a former BCS National Champion by the way) in Tennessee. Man talk about wanting to ride the meanest bronco in Texas. Who scheduled this team on the road? Good grief!

09-16 Central Florida. Good grief! The team that almost beat us a few years ago. Good stars alive! :(

09-26 UTEP. Man they were rough on us last year and they are mad for the beating we gave them. Scary times indeed.

10-10 Colorado. OMG! Not again. And Mr. Scott is very mad. That increases the risk.

10-17 Oklahoma in Dallas. This is very scary. The Sooners are very mad about losing to Florida and will be most unhappy. :(

10-24 at Missouri. This is scary since it is Missouri and they just barely lost the Big 12 Championship game to Oklahoma. Good grief - thanks for nothing Big 12.

10-31 at Oklahoma State. This is most scary. Remember we just barely hung on to win in Austin and this game is at their field where they always play us tough. And the game is on Halloween. That increases the risk.

11-7 Texas Tech. I don't have to remind you what happened in Lubbock last year. This is most scary indeed. TT doesn't rebuild -they reload! :(

11-14 at Baylor. Baylor is always tough in Waco and now they have that great new QB that gave teams trouble last year. Oh woe is me!

11-21 Kansas. Kansas is always tough and they are mad about the whipping we gave them last year and will be tough. This is one game I am not looking forward to.

11-26 at Texas A&M. The Aggies play tough in College Station and will be ready. What chance do we have there against the 12th man. Talk about wanting to jump in the middle and fight a bunch of wild turkeys in Cuero. :(

Electus Unus
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
It is rumored that Texas is trying to replace Louisiana-Monroe with Wisconsin.

Phil C
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

HOLY LORD!

:eek:

Man talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire! :(

injuredinmelee
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
that schedule is cupcake. Leave int he starters and run up the score every week like stoopsy does.

PHS Wildcats
01-12-2009, 08:45 PM

I've been hearing the same thing

Phil C
01-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I've been hearing the same thing

HOLY GREEN BAY! :eek:

FbCoachB40
01-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
HOLY GREEN BAY! :eek:

NO! Holy MADISON

BwdLions
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM

Arkansas backed out and Wisconsin didn't want to play Texas so they picked up Louisiana Monroe.

Phil C
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Arkansas backed out and Wisconsin didn't want to play Texas so they picked up Louisiana Monroe.

Hey Bwd Utah also backed out too.

BwdLions
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey Bwd Utah also backed out too.

You are right Phil. In fact, after I posted I went back and read again and Utah is the team that backed out. DeLoss is looking at playing Wisconsin in the near future. Thanks!

Keith7
01-14-2009, 04:22 PM
HOLY LORD!

:eek:

Man talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire! :(

ULM is no joke now Phil. They beat Alabama the year before last

Phil C
01-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ULM is no joke now Phil. They beat Alabama the year before last

:eek: :(

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Why did Utah back out? I mean, they're wanting to be taken seriously, right?

trojan37
01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Utah backed out because they are playing Trinity Labor Day weekend.:D

Electus Unus
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Why did Utah back out? I mean, they're wanting to be taken seriously, right? They backed out because they changed conferences and it caused schedule conflicts for them, I think.