PDA

View Full Version : Waco dirt waterer convention

pancho villa
01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I guess all the standaround sponsers are back from Waco, I heard they had a clinic on how to rake the base paths in your tight pants and not split the seams.

XMan
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Yea Pancho, I hope you went to the session on field maintenance so as the West Columbia field looks better this year.

pancho villa
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Yea Pancho, I hope you went to the session on field maintenance so as the West Columbia field looks better this year.

I could care less what that field looks like.

GreenMonster
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Sometimes in life you have to wear stretchy pants!

pirate4state
01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I could care less what that field looks like.

I think you should use this picture as your avatar!
http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/45/43/9b/68204843-177x150-0-0_.jpg

or this one

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/rake.jpg

raider red 2000
01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
ours are back....i heard that they learned a new squeeze play. this teaching took 30 secs. then the coaches stood around for another 4 hours and then went to lunch.

RiverRat19
01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Pancho... as usual... tons of enlightenment.

First of all, the convention was in Waco so you know that there had to be some learning... as there really isn't much else to do there but go to the convention.

People from Waco showed up just because it was something different and new. Kinda like the circus coming to town...

Now, what was learned was... um... how to throw a ball... or catch a ball... or hit a ball... or how to run, touch a bag and turn left... stop when you hit the one made of wood or hard plastic...

Vendors with new sunflower seed flavors... like liver and onions, brussel sprout, and carp...

No, I like baseball but going to Waco to talk about it seems like a wasted trip to me...

LH Panther Mom
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
and turn left...
You'd think with that move, that Pancho would be fighting for the chance to water dirt. :thumbsup:

Bull Butter
01-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Did they give a presentation on how not to lose to Region IV teams?:thinking:

IHStangFan
01-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Did they give a presentation on how not to lose to Region IV teams?:thinking: LOL!!! Nicely done sir.

XMan
01-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Pancho, if you could care less about what the field looks like, then please do so.

jockcity33
01-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Did they give a presentation on how not to lose to Region IV teams?:thinking:

They did and right after that presentation Coach Bollinger from Snyder gave a lecture on how to beat region IV.

Red&White_9x5
01-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
They did and right after that presentation Coach Bollinger from Snyder gave a lecture on how to beat region IV.

Nice reply Jock, very nice

pirate4state
01-13-2009, 10:41 AM

He didn't beat a Region IV team last year, at least not at the state tournament.

jockcity33
01-13-2009, 10:46 AM
oh so region IV got knocked out in the semi's.

Red&White_9x5
01-13-2009, 10:46 AM
No he didn't, but he did beat the team that was good enough to beat the Region 4 Representative

GreenMonster
01-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
No, I like baseball but going to Waco to talk about it seems like a wasted trip to me... Well, in all actuallity it is a good excuse to go play golf, drink beer, eat free barbecue, drink more beer, play cards, and drink more beer.

pirate4state
01-13-2009, 11:07 AM
oh so region IV got knocked out in the semi's.

sure did, by Pleasant Grove that took Snyder to 8

the fact remains, he didn't beat a region iv team as you previously posted :p

Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
No he didn't, but he did beat the team that was good enough to beat the Region 4 Represenative

warm fuzzies

pancho villa
01-13-2009, 11:13 AM
All the standaround sponsers are all fired up cause they went to George's in Waco, and talked about the new buckets they got to sit on by the dugout. We may change the name to sitaround.

XMan
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
im sure the taxpayers of the district are very happy that you went there and played golf and cards and drank beer on the schools money when you were supposed to be learning about baseball.

pancho villa
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
im sure the taxpayers of the district are very happy that you went there and played golf and cards and drank beer on the schools money when you were supposed to be learning about baseball.

I like standaround sponsers more than you!

44INAROW
01-13-2009, 02:44 PM

I have no prob with it ;)

pirate4state
01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
im sure the taxpayers of the district are very happy that you went there and played golf and cards and drank beer on the schools money when you were supposed to be learning about baseball. schools have money?? since when?!?!

XMan
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
i would be willing to bet that the schools paid for the fee to the convention, the hotel rooms, either gas for vehicles or provided a vehicle, meal money and the like.

GreenMonster
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
im sure the taxpayers of the district are very happy that you went there and played golf and cards and drank beer on the schools money when you were supposed to be learning about baseball. I went in my own car, paid for my own gas, paid for my own room, and bought my own beer thank you very much. All it cost my district was a substitute teacher for one day. Oh, by the way, I will lose my $100 bonus for perfect attendance as well, so actually my district will come out ahead since they only pay subs $60 a day. It was well worth it. I got to see some gentlemen that I only see once a year and a few others that I haven't seen since the college days.

pancho villa
01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
i would be willing to bet that the schools paid for the fee to the convention, the hotel rooms, either gas for vehicles or provided a vehicle, meal money and the like.

Xman got beat up by football and baseball players when he was a kid!

Sweetwater Red
01-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I guess all the standaround sponsers are back from Waco, I heard they had a clinic on how to rake the base paths in your tight pants and not split the seams.

I hope that some day somebody let's me in on this "joke".:(