PDA

View Full Version : Police find no one in shed after 3-hour standoff

Trashman
01-11-2009, 05:43 PM
SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake City police were in a three-hour standoff outside a shed behind a Salt Lake City home before finding out there was nobody inside. The standoff started Thursday after police got a report from a woman living inside the house that she thought she saw her roommate's estranged boyfriend enter the shed with a gun.

Officers secured the area, but after clearing the house and sending K-9 dogs to the shed, they found it was locked and there was no one there.

Some neighbors had been evacuated and police shut down a portion of a city street near the house.

___

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake City police were in a three-hour standoff outside a shed behind a Salt Lake City home before finding out there was nobody inside. The standoff started Thursday after police got a report from a woman living inside the house that she thought she saw her roommate's estranged boyfriend enter the shed with a gun.

Officers secured the area, but after clearing the house and sending K-9 dogs to the shed, they found it was locked and there was no one there.

Some neighbors had been evacuated and police shut down a portion of a city street near the house.

___

That's like something out of a "Police Academy" flick...:doh:

IHStangFan
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That's like something out of a "Police Academy" flick...:doh: LOL....my thoughts exactly.

piratebg
01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Happened where I work once.

WylieBulldog92
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Can I get a link to some of these stories?

VAMike
01-12-2009, 06:45 AM
So what would you "experts" have preferred the police do? They had an eyewitness report that there was a known man with a gun who had been there and made suicidal threats before going form the house and, (she believed), to the shed. There are established procedures for dealing with barricaded subjects and rushing right in is not in that playbook. Sounds to me like they took a bit of time to assemble a response force with all the resources they would need and then they made a deliberate plan of action which they carried out with nobody getting hurt.

Rabid Cougar
01-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
So what would you "experts" have preferred the police do? They had an eyewitness report that there was a known man with a gun who had been there and made suicidal threats before going form the house and, (she believed), to the shed. There are established procedures for dealing with barricaded subjects and rushing right in is not in that playbook. Sounds to me like they took a bit of time to assemble a response force with all the resources they would need and then they made a deliberate plan of action which they carried out with nobody getting hurt.

OR they could just called TIM TEBOW

PPHSfan
01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Those crazy Mormons.:D

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by VAMike

uhh..I dont think anyone is saying the police did anything wrong..still a funny story and I dont see one person saying the cops were wrong

PPHSfan
01-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh..I dont think anyone is saying the police did anything wrong..still a funny story and I dont see one person saying the cops were wrong

You gotta remember. Mike is one of those guys who hurries home to watch COPS on TV.:D