PDA

View Full Version : Why I dont think Romo is as bad as some think

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2009, 05:11 PM
All the talk about Romo needs to cut down on his turnovers( he does) and the he cannot win in big games, or is just not good enough to win in the league

Have you seen the play-off QBs?

QBs in Title games

Donovan McNabb 86.6 QB rating 23 TD 16 TOs..

Kurt Warner 96 rating 30 TD 21 total TOs

Joe Flacco 80 qb rating 14 TD 14 total tos

Tony Romo 91.4 QB rating 26 TD 21 Tos

we all know Romo needs to protect ball more when it comes to fumbles( his ints were not as high as some think he had 14 which right where these QBs were this year)

and no I dont think he is perfect, but I also think this weekend proved that in the NFL that Romo is not as far off asSOME people think or act like he is.

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Romo isn't Dallas' problem. Jerry is the problem. He's trying to re-create those great 90's teams that Jimmy built, but it's painfully obvious that Jimmy has him licked in the evaluation aspect. Jimmy did it with a bunch of guys that no one had ever heard of before (Kenneth Gant? Leon Lett? Clayton Holmes? Jay Novacek? The Moose?) while Jerry is bringing in guys based on their rap sheet.

Jimmy signed guys who would rip thier mother's heart out to win a game. Jerry is just signing millionaires.

Advantage: Jimmy.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Romo isn't Dallas' problem. Jerry is the problem. He's trying to re-create those great 90's teams that Jimmy built, but it's painfully obvious that Jimmy has him licked in the evaluation aspect. Jimmy did it with a bunch of guys that no one had ever heard of before (Kenneth Gant? Leon Lett? Clayton Holmes? Jay Novacek? The Moose?) while Jerry is bringing in guys based on their rap sheet.

Jimmy signed guys who would rip thier mother's heart out to win a game. Jerry is just signing millionaires.

Look I love what Jimmy did..but he did it all in a pre-cap world. We saw what happen when he was in Miami and had the confines of the cap on him...he also had some MAJOR draft busts

Also the Jerry brining in people based on their rap sheet

Charles Haley was a problem player in SF Tony Casillas was a problem player in Atlanta

We all know the trails and tribulations of Irvin, Erik Williams, Leon Lett, Clayton Holmes Mark Tunei(RIP) Nate Newton and so on and so on

You really think they all became problems AFTER Johnson left?

No he simply did not care as long as you showed up and won. Funny, the media and the fans did not care either, until the winning stopped.

I also believe Jerry learned the idea of no matter the troubles if they can play we can fix them from the great Jimmy himself, because that is what Jimmy always thought

Trashman
01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree maroon87, good post!

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I hear you, Terry...let me clarify: Jerry's main problem is his apparent unwillingness to give that much control to anyone else after the way the Jimmy thing played out. He actually went underground for a while during the Parcells era and Bill put together a hell of a team, but Jerry signing TO pushed Bill out the door (not altogether a bad thing).

I hope he brings in Shanahan because this group needs a ball buster like him to get over the hump.

And for the record I hated Jimmy only because Jerry pushed Landry out the door to bring him in. Jimmy was the right guy with the right team at the right time. Now I'm all about Jimmy...he was the man LOL

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I hear you, Terry...let me clarify: Jerry's main problem is his apparent unwillingness to give that much control to anyone else after the way the Jimmy thing played out. He actually went underground for a while during the Parcells era and Bill put together a hell of a team, but Jerry signing TO pushed Bill out the door (not altogether a bad thing).

I hope he brings in Shanahan because this group needs a ball buster like him to get over the hump.

And for the record I hated Jimmy only because Jerry pushed Landry out the door to bring him in. Jimmy was the right guy with the right team at the right time. Now I'm all about Jimmy...he was the man LOL

I still truly do not believe Parcells left because of TO and for one simple reason..Parcells has not once said that

Big Bill has a MASSIVE ego, Dallas was the first place he was the HC and did not win a play-off game or at least get to Conference Title Game...He quit on Dallas( the most rampant belief is Jerry was unwilling to extend his contract because of lack of true success on the field) So Bill left

He had the PERFECT scapegoat..say hey we win if TO was not there, or I would have stayed if TO was cut..but he has said after he left TO was not the problem, he just did not have it him to coach another season...Now if TO truly was the core reason, why would he just not say that? He never has minced words, never protected players or owners or anyone. When he saw a percieved problem he sounded out, so why after he quit has continually said TO was not the reason?

ESPN and everyone would have backed and believed PArcells but he has never said that

and on Jones giving up control...he did to Parcells..and yes parcells made them better, but his drafting was not great..only good

People want to give Parcells credit for Ware..but he wanted Marcus Spears with the first pick that year, Jones overulled him...I really doubt that if they had drafted Speears first, Ware would have been around

He picked Julius Jones over Stephen Jackson

He never picked an OL that stayed or was productive and we wasted some first day picks on that one.

I think that showed Jones(right or wrong) that letting someone else run things does not guarantee success

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
. When he saw a percieved problem he sounded out, so why after he quit has continually said TO was not the reason?

Because it would've been a distraction to the Dolphins. It's Parcells 101.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Because it would've been a distraction to the Dolphins. It's Parcells 101.

he was not with Dolphins last year, he was out of football

coach
01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
their problem is jason garrett

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by coach
their problem is jason garrett

The genius of last year can't be the idiot of this year, can he? I really can't buy that...

The problem is chemistry in the locker room...which is all on Jerry.

piratebg
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
It all goes back to coaching, IMO. Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett don't push their players to be better. They are not motivators or any kind of disciplinarians. The only coach I saw on the sideline with any kind emotion was Dave Campo.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
The genius of last year can't be the idiot of this year, can he? I really can't buy that...

The problem is chemistry in the locker room...which is all on Jerry.

I dont think he is a genuis, or an idiot

I think last year he drew up the routes, Sparno dealt with run game and passing schemes...So in essence this is the first REAL year as true OC

Dallas still moved ball well for most part..The three games without Romo really skewed the numbers

in DEC they went up agianst three top 5 defenses..and they gained more yards than those D's averaged giving up

I think Garrett struggled with in game pass protection schemes, and adjustments.

I also think he allowed the passing attack to be 20 yard plays or bust. Never used the drag routes, the slants, the ins and the outs enough

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I dont think he is a genuis, or an idiot

I think last year he drew up the routes, Sparno dealt with run game and passing schemes...So in essence this is the first REAL year as true OC

Dallas still moved ball well for most part..The three games without Romo really skewed the numbers

in DEC they went up agianst three top 5 defenses..and they gained more yards than those D's averaged giving up

I think Garrett struggled with in game pass protection schemes, and adjustments.

I also think he allowed the passing attack to be 20 yard plays or bust. Never used the drag routes, the slants, the ins and the outs enough

I really can't argue with any of that...especially the part about the numbers being skewed by the non-Romo games. Those were just plain ugly...

Farmersfan
01-11-2009, 07:41 PM

Jimmy was fortunate enough to get a massive trade with the Vikings for Herschel Walker. That was the reason for the draft success they had. I think they had like 20 draft choices that year. Remember that Jimmy was the one who wanted Walsh instead of Aikman. Jerry decided on Aikman. The talent is on this team now. The problem is the coach and QB have ZERO leadership ability.

Farmersfan
01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
All the talk about Romo needs to cut down on his turnovers( he does) and the he cannot win in big games, or is just not good enough to win in the league

QBs in Title games

we all know Romo needs to protect ball more when it comes to fumbles( his ints were not as high as some think he had 14 which right where these QBs were this year)

and no I dont think he is perfect, but I also think this weekend proved that in the NFL that Romo is not as far off asSOME people think or act like he is.

And all these QB's you mentioned perform at a somewhat high level throughout the playoffs. Romo fails miserably. His QB rating for Dec. and Playoffs drops to about 50. All QB's make mistakes but Romo seems to make them at the most inopportune time. He consistently KILLS his teams momentum. And he has no ability to make others play better through leadership......... Bottom line: Romo can't get it done!!!!

Maroon87
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Jimmy was fortunate enough to get a massive trade with the Vikings for Herschel Walker. That was the reason for the draft success they had. I think they had like 20 draft choices that year. Remember that Jimmy was the one who wanted Walsh instead of Aikman. Jerry decided on Aikman. The talent is on this team now. The problem is the coach and QB have ZERO leadership ability.

Give Jimmy props...he Jedi mind tricked the Vikings into that trade. Genius move. As soon as that trade went down I told a buddy of mine "team of the 90's." I had no clue it would turn out that good LOL

And you are correct he was not sold on Aikman, but he realized soon enough that Walsh was not going to be a long term solution..

Emerson1
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Meh, anyone who thinks replacing Romo will fix everything like everyone who wants to does doesn't know anything about football. The best defensive line in football dominating the cowboys oline in 2007 is what lost them the Giants game.

Farmersfan
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Meh, anyone who thinks replacing Romo will fix everything like everyone who wants to does doesn't know anything about football. The best defensive line in football dominating the cowboys oline in 2007 is what lost them the Giants game.

Replacing Romo now isn't the answer either because there aren't any other QB's available who are better. Romo is a steal considering he wasn't drafted. But the problem with him now is HE has started believing all the hype. He is a hollywood A**hole with a very non-productive attitude about football. Can you ever imagine Aikman or Irvin making a comment like "I have had worst things happen to me than losing a sporting event"? Romo needs some major changes or he needs to be GONE!!!

eagles_victory
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
You can throw out numbers all day but the fact of the matter is when it's nut cuttin' time you either get it done or you don't. Tony hasn't got the job done yet when it counted.

coach
01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Replacing Romo now isn't the answer either because there aren't any other QB's available who are better. Romo is a steal considering he wasn't drafted. But the problem with him now is HE has started believing all the hype. He is a hollywood A**hole with a very non-productive attitude about football. Can you ever imagine Aikman or Irvin making a comment like "I have had worst things happen to me than losing a sporting event"? Romo needs some major changes or he needs to be GONE!!!

your right he is a hollywood a whole...this is the same guy who helped a man with a flat tire and bought a homeless man a ticket to the movies...this guy is a class act and is not the problem in Big D

BullsFan
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You can throw out numbers all day but the fact of the matter is when it's nut cuttin' time you either get it done or you don't. Tony hasn't got the job done yet when it counted.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Trashman
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM

As one sports writer put it "Romo is to cool for school" He knows everything there is to know about football.:D

STANG RED
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Romo has had what, 2 full years as a starting NFL qb? Lots of great qbs have done much worse their first 2 years. I think the guy has the talent and temperament to get it done, he just needs a little more time and maturity. If the rest of the team doesn’t implode at some point over the next couple of years (which may very well happen), Romo could very well lead them to the Super Bowl. But there are numerous problems that will have to be fixed first. Romo and several others will have step up and become the leaders the team needs, and the coaching will have to get better. But I'm not sure there are any good coaches out there that will be willing to work for Jones, especially without the control his ego is ever likely to allow him to relinquish. But we can always hope.

Farmersfan
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Amen! Seeing is believing. And when he doesn't "Get it Done", he makes a bunch of excuses and acts like "Worst things have happened in my life"!!!!!! It's his attitude that I have the biggest problem with.

Farmersfan
01-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by coach
your right he is a hollywood a whole...this is the same guy who helped a man with a flat tire and bought a homeless man a ticket to the movies...this guy is a class act and is not the problem in Big D

Of course he isn't THE problem. He's one of many. But you have to start with the #1 spot. And that's the QB. (well #2 spot if you consider the coach). And don't you have to ask yourself why we even know about the tire change incident or the movie ticket thing? It's because he is Tony Romo! And I have no doubt the story was leaked to the media by "his" people. I would bet 95% of the people on this forum has stopped and helped women or old people on the side of the road. I know I have a thousand times at least. And I use to give money to homeless people on the corners until I learned that most are scam artists. And it would sooooooo much easier to do if I earned 10 mil a year...

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
And I have no doubt the story was leaked to the media by "his" people. I would bet 95% of the people on this forum has stopped and helped women or old people on the side of the road. I know I have a thousand times at least.

The flat tire

(An e-mail from Sharon alerted me to Tony's good deed. No Cowboys official knew about it even by Wednesday.)

http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/899904.html

You say it would be easier to help with 10 million

so let me get this straight

If a rich person does not help, they have no heart...If they do help then well of course they can it is easy

This is the exact type of world Romo lives in..no matter what he does, SOMEONE will be their to criticize the move

Farmersfan
01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Romo has had what, 2 full years as a starting NFL qb? Lots of great qbs have done much worse their first 2 years. I think the guy has the talent and temperament to get it done, he just needs a little more time and maturity. If the rest of the team doesn’t implode at some point over the next couple of years (which may very well happen), Romo could very well lead them to the Super Bowl. But there are numerous problems that will have to be fixed first. Romo and several others will have step up and become the leaders the team needs, and the coaching will have to get better. But I'm not sure there are any good coaches out there that will be willing to work for Jones, especially without the control his ego is ever likely to allow him to relinquish. But we can always hope.

And this is what a lot of people say about Romo. It's an excuse! Romo is 28 years old and has been in the league for almost 7 years. Most good QB's in the NFL are already thinking about retirement at this point. Romo took over a very, very talent loaded team and had some really good success early on when Parcells had a very heavy hand on the Romo leash. As soon as the lease was taken off (Parcels leaves and big contract) Romo starts showing his true nature. Many compare him to Favre and I think Romo believes it too but he is not even close to Favre in talent or ability. He did a great job using what talent he did have at first and everyone jumped on the Romo bandwagon. (Even Tony). Now he has "Big Man on Campus" attitude and his play has gone downhill. Remember the team is just 10-10 since that early 12-1 run when the Parcels discipline was still effective. The bottom line is that Romo doesn't think he (they) have done anything wrong and is still making excuses and as long as he does that nothing will change.

Farmersfan
01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
The flat tire

(An e-mail from Sharon alerted me to Tony's good deed. No Cowboys official knew about it even by Wednesday.)

http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/899904.html

You say it would be easier to help with 10 million

so let me get this straight

If a rich person does not help, they have no heart...If they do help then well of course they can it is easy

This is the exact type of world Romo lives in..no matter what he does, SOMEONE will be their to criticize the move

It's not the move that is being criticized. It's the media coverage of it and people's assumption that Romo deserves credit for doing something that all the rest of the world does.

Texasfootball2
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I think one thing that gets seriously overlooked this season is that Tony Sparano may have had a lot to do with the Cowboys success and not so much Jason Garrett. The offensive line has really dropped off since the day he walked out the door.

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
It's not the move that is being criticized. It's the media coverage of it and people's assumption that Romo deserves credit for doing something that all the rest of the world does.

So you blame Romo for the media jumping on a story?

And I dont think it is giving Romo credit, but come on now, it is always nice to here when a sport celebrity or movie star helps not because the cameras are there but because they just are nice people

Farmersfan
01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
So you blame Romo for the media jumping on a story?

And I dont think it is giving Romo credit, but come on now, it is always nice to here when a sport celebrity or movie star helps not because the cameras are there but because they just are nice people

I agree 100%. If it truely were just his caring nature rather than an attempt at further publicity. Romo knows everyone knows who he is so the thought that he did this without "wanting" credit is ridiculous. He had to know someone would find out. But it doesn't matter. The only reason we are even discussing this is because YOU brought it up as an attempt to prove something about the man. I didn't try to use it against him as you seem to be saying. But I also say you can't use it FOR him..When you have a face that everyone will recognize you can't be anonymous.(and Romo knows this).

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 11:07 AM
The only reason we are even discussing this is because YOU brought it up as an attempt to prove something about the man. I didn't try to use it against him as you seem to be saying. But I also say you can't use it FOR him..When you have a face that everyone will recognize you can't be anonymous.(and Romo knows this).

uhh no I did not bring it up first, I never said anything about it until responding to you

and so now your saying

if your famous you should not help anyone becauise if you do help someone you obviously are only doing it to get press

So that night Romo is driving and as he pulls up on a car broken down he says OH MAN I WILL GET GOOD PRESS IF I HELP THESE FOLKS

Farmersfan
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
uhh no I did not bring it up first, I never said anything about it until responding to you

and so now your saying

if your famous you should not help anyone becauise if you do help someone you obviously are only doing it to get press

So that night Romo is driving and as he pulls up on a car broken down he says OH MAN I WILL GET GOOD PRESS IF I HELP THESE FOLKS

Sorry! I should have gone back and re-read. It was Coach who brought up this incident as proof that Tony "Is a class act"! Perhaps he is off the field. But on the field he is a arrogant a-hole. There is always an excuse with him and Philips.

Orange Defense
01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Sorry! I should have gone back and re-read. It was Coach who brought up this incident as proof that Tony "Is a class act"! Perhaps he is off the field. But on the field he is a arrogant a-hole. There is always an excuse with him and Philips.

Who cares if Romo changes a tire or buys a stinking movie ticket for someone. As someone stated earlier it's nothing that most of us haven't done or wouldn't do. The bottom line is winning. When it comes down to it he chokes by either fumbling a field goal snap or turns the ball over. Plain and simple.... It's all about winning and getting to and winning the Big one and Tony can't do it. He's a CHOKER!!!

Romo's attitude SUCK's!!!! It's not the attitude of a winner!! It is the attitude of someone who is in it for the money only!

U people are wasting your time trying to convince TXB of anything. It's as simple as this. Your wrong, he's right. He is THE BROADCASTER!!! Now there's you a Signature TXB.

Emerson1
01-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I'll take his opinion over yours. You have shown in multiple threads you have no idea what you are talking about. You probably wanted the entire coaching staff at Celina fired after one loss this season.

Orange Defense
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I'll take his opinion over yours. You have shown in multiple threads you have no idea what you are talking about. You probably wanted the entire coaching staff at Celina fired after one loss this season.

Emma I really don't care what you do!!! Most of the time you have the attitude of an old woman with wet drawers!!! Name a post emma....

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense

U people are wasting your time trying to convince TXB of anything. It's as simple as this. Your wrong, he's right. He is THE BROADCASTER!!! Now there's you a Signature TXB.

wow

not sure what I did to deserve this..but uhh ok

Orange Defense
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
wow

Nothing TXB, I was just giving you a new signature...:clap:

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Nothing TXB, I was just giving you a new signature...:clap:

lol well since I am no longer a broadcaster it really does not fit anymore lol

Orange Defense
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
lol well since I am no longer a broadcaster it really does not fit anymore lol

Oh yay, you'll always be our broadcaster....:D

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
there ya go OD

cameron91
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
or maybe is it b/c the picture of jessica thats floating around on the internet.:D

pirate4state
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM

hahahahaha :clap: :D

Originally posted by txbroadcaster
wow

you did what you love to do, thats what! don't act innocent now! :taunt:

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Sorry if I caused dissention in the troups guys! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.(no mattter how misquided).
The bottom line is that I started out loving Romo as much as anyone. He earned my opinion of him now. I equate Romo to the "Disappearing Dutchman" with the Mavs. He has good numbers but can't get the job done at crunch time. I said 5 years ago that the Mavs will never win a title as long as Dirk is their Go-To man. As a second or third option he would be very valuable but he is not capable of carrying the team consistently. And Romo can't lead this team either.

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Who cares if Romo changes a tire or buys a stinking movie ticket for someone. As someone stated earlier it's nothing that most of us haven't done or wouldn't do. The bottom line is winning. When it comes down to it he chokes by either fumbling a field goal snap or turns the ball over. Plain and simple.... It's all about winning and getting to and winning the Big one and Tony can't do it. He's a CHOKER!!!

Romo's attitude SUCK's!!!! It's not the attitude of a winner!! It is the attitude of someone who is in it for the money only!

His fumbling of the snap in that first playoff game was the LAST time he actually took responsibilty for his stupid decisions and bad play. He has always had an excuse ever since then. I'm tired of the excuses. It's time for him to deliver. Donavan McNabb is a perfect example. He is such a weak minded moron that he gets himself benched because of his bad play. He then gets his head on straight and starts to play decent ball and will likely win a Superbowl this season. So if that stupid, immature, self-centered McNabb can "turn-it-on" when he needs to why can't Romo? One reason: Talent!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2009, 10:09 AM
His fumbling of the snap in that first playoff game was the LAST time he actually took responsibilty for his stupid decisions and bad play. He has always had an excuse ever since then. I'm tired of the excuses. It's time for him to deliver. Donavan McNabb is a perfect example. He is such a weak minded moron that he gets himself benched because of his bad play. He then gets his head on straight and starts to play decent ball and will likely win a Superbowl this season. So if that stupid, immature, self-centered McNabb can "turn-it-on" when he needs to why can't Romo? One reason: Talent!!!!!!!!!!

first off it was to early to say McNabb is winning a SB

second off you ask why can he "get his head on straight" and Romo cant

Well..The Eagles are not in the NFC Title game because of McNabb..they are in it because first off their D has played lights out since November and also, they got the PERFECT draw the first two games

Now I am not saying McNabb has played bad since the Baltimore game, he has played well..but the D has been the catalyst

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
first off it was to early to say McNabb is winning a SB

second off you ask why can he "get his head on straight" and Romo cant

Well..The Eagles are not in the NFC Title game because of McNabb..they are in it because first off their D has played lights out since November and also, they got the PERFECT draw the first two games

Now I am not saying McNabb has played bad since the Baltimore game, he has played well..but the D has been the catalyst

Yea their D is pretty dang good right now. But the D is able to get it done becuase McNabb isn't putting them in horrible positions like You-Know-Who did to the cowboys. Like I said before, Romo will have to show me now. He has already made it plain to most people that he lacks something in the attitude department so he will have to bring the performance up to a level that will have most people not caring about the attitude. A great guy with a good attutude can make mistakes for a while and still be well liked. but once you start acting like Romo has been acting you better be a superstar on the field or you will have Farmersfan talking smack about you on a forum somewhere!!!!!! For what that's worth....................:D

pirate4state
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Yea their D is pretty dang good right now. But the D is able to get it done becuase McNabb isn't putting them in horrible positions like You-Know-Who did to the cowboys. Like I said before, Romo will have to show me now. He has already made it plain to most people that he lacks something in the attitude department so he will have to bring the performance up to a level that will have most people not caring about the attitude. A great guy with a good attutude can make mistakes for a while and still be well liked. but once you start acting like Romo has been acting you better be a superstar on the field or you will have Farmersfan talking smack about you on a forum somewhere!!!!!! For what that's worth....................:D

what attitude is that? carefree? :confused:

i think i need to read this thread again or not :D

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2009, 12:08 PM

again I think ur perception of Romo's attitude is off base I have seen nothing that makes me think he is arrogant, or cocky or a jerk

We can discuss his quotes after the Philly game all day, but what he says to the media we will never know if he really feels thsat way or just simply putting up a wall and keeping the media out.

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
again I think ur perception of Romo's attitude is off base I have seen nothing that makes me think he is arrogant, or cocky or a jerk

We can discuss his quotes after the Philly game all day, but what he says to the media we will never know if he really feels thsat way or just simply putting up a wall and keeping the media out.

If you choose to ignore the obvious that is your perrogative. But 90% of the world recognizes Romo's "Non-committed" or "Unconcerned" attitude in interviews, during practices and on the sidelines. Just google Romo quotes and you will see hundreds of quotes where he proceeds to let everyone know what the NFL is all about. People who have been writing about the NFL for 40 years are being told what it takes to win according to Tony Romo. When his resume' of winning consists of three season ending chokes I don't think he is qualified to tell anyone about what happens in the NFL except maybe Simpson. But the truth is she is most likely smarter than he is.......

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Example #1:

The week before the biggest game of his career he goes to Mexico on vacation with Jessica. If he plays good and wins nobody really cares. But he lays an egg. Both on the field and as a leader of his team. Did the trip cause it??? Who cares! He played like crap and lost so he had no business going. If your child fails a test you will think she should have studied more. Romo didn't study enough. But he has never admitted he was wrong.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Example #1:

The week before the biggest game of his career he goes to Mexico on vacation with Jessica. If he plays good and wins nobody really cares. But he lays an egg. Both on the field and as a leader of his team. Did the trip cause it??? Who cares! He played like crap and lost so he had no business going. If your child fails a test you will think she should have studied more. Romo didn't study enough. But he has never admitted he was wrong.

once again..HE did not lose the Giants game, he was not the problem PERIOD..it was the D and the OL in the 4th Q

If he would have went out and threw 4 ints in the game then someone can point to the trip and say it was a problem.

Also..you do know Jason Witten was there to right?

and oh btw..that week the Pats were in bye as well..you know what Brady did? flew to California and spent the week out there with his baby..I guess he was not studying either

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 10:51 PM
once again..HE did not lose the Giants game, he was not the problem PERIOD..it was the D and the OL in the 4th Q

If he would have went out and threw 4 ints in the game then someone can point to the trip and say it was a problem.

and oh btw..that week the Pats were in bye as well..you know what Brady did? flew to California and spent the week out there with his baby..I guess he was not studying either

Week 19. Dallas loses to NYG 17-21
Romo is 18-36 for 201 yards. 5.6 yd avg.
1 TD, 1int. QB rating of 64.7

The comes after a week 17 QB rating of 34.9 in a loss to Washington.

And a Week 16 QB rating of 81 against Carolina. Win.

And a week 15 QB rating of 22 in a loss to philly.

So Romo loses to Washington in week 17 with a rating of 35 so decides to treat himself to a vacation in Mexico with Man-fruit Simpson.

That's a average QB rating of 47.5 in the last 5 games of the season. Do you really think he needed to be rolling around in the sand with my ex-wife????

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 10:56 PM

And how did Brady play leading up to that point and the next game????? Let's look:

Tom Brady: Wk 19. Win vs Jacksonville
26-28 for 262 yards. QB rating of 141.

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Week 19. Dallas loses to NYG 17-21
Romo is 18-36 for 201 yards. 5.6 yd avg.
1 TD, 1int. QB rating of 64.7

The comes after a week 17 QB rating of 34.9 in a loss to Washington.

And a Week 16 QB rating of 81 against Carolina. Win.

And a week 15 QB rating of 22 in a loss to philly.

So Romo loses to Washington in week 17 with a rating of 35 so decides to treat himself to a vacation in Mexico with Man-fruit Simpson.

That's a average QB rating of 47.5 in the last 5 games of the season. Do you really think he needed to be rolling around in the sand with my ex-wife????

you do realize he just threw 16 passes in the Washington game right? I dont even think he played the whole game

The stats from the Giant game do not tell the game..did you watch it?

in the first half when the OL was actually blocking and Dallas was sticking to the run game they scored 2 TDs out of the 3 possesions

The last drive of the half by the Giants is what set the tone of the game. Dallas had a chance to go in at half up, but the stupid penalty allowed the Giants to not just kick a fg but score a TD and be tied

Dallas still came out and drove like 60 yards and kicked a FG to start the 3rd Q..then the OL started I dont know tiring or what but they became a swinging gate and Garrett got away from the running game.

The int he threw was the 4th down play to end the game

was he perfect? no, but his play did not get them beat

oh yea I forgot the TD chance with Crayton that he admitted he stopped on the route

and the 11 penalties..I think 7 on offense

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
you do realize he just threw 16 passes in the Washington game right? I dont even think he played the whole game

The stats from the Giant game do not tell the game..did you watch it?

in the first half when the OL was actually blocking and Dallas was sticking to the run game they scored 2 TDs out of the 3 possesions

The last drive of the half by the Giants is what set the tone of the game. Dallas had a chance to go in at half up, but the stupid penalty allowed the Giants to not just kick a fg but score a TD and be tied

Dallas still came out and drove like 60 yards and kicked a FG to start the 3rd Q..then the OL started I dont know tiring or what but they became a swinging gate and Garrett got away from the running game.

The int he threw was the 4th down play to end the game

was he perfect? no, but his play did not get them beat

Did you watch the Giants game?

I haven't missed a cowboys game in years. I do remember that game. I remember Romo not seeing wide open receivers. I remember Romo with happy feet. I remember Romo locking onto a single receiver and not seeing the rest of the field. I remember Romo not being able to read the NYG's defense. You can make excuses until the cows come home but his QB rating tells the story. Everything you claim Romo goes through-all other QB's go through. Romo doesn't have to deal with issues that no other QB deals with. If you are going to play the position you have be able to handle these things. Romo can't............

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I haven't missed a cowboys game in years. I do remember that game. I remember Romo not seeing wide open receivers. I remember Romo with happy feet. I remember Romo locking onto a single receiver and not seeing the rest of the field. I remember Romo not being able to read the NYG's defense. You can make excuses until the cows come home but his QB rating tells the story. Everything you claim Romo goes through-all other QB's go through. Romo doesn't have to deal with issues that no other QB deals with. If you are going to play the position you have be able to handle these things. Romo can't............

I guess we saw two different things..I saw his WRs dropping some key 3rd downs( Crayton on the drag route that MIGHT have gone to the house..Crayton on the already mentioned stopping on the route when it would have been a TD..

Again not saying Romo was perfect in the game, but again he was WAY down on the list of why Dallas lost that game

You say his QB rating says it all

Well his rating this year 91 this year in what is being called a down year was still top 10..

as I have said all along..I am not saying Romo is perfect he needs to eliminate the turnovers, but he is far and away the best option Dallas has

Farmersfan
01-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I guess we saw two different things..I saw his WRs dropping some key 3rd downs( Crayton on the drag route that MIGHT have gone to the house..Crayton on the already mentioned stopping on the route when it would have been a TD..

Again not saying Romo was perfect in the game, but again he was WAY down on the list of why Dallas lost that game

You say his QB rating says it all

Well his rating this year 91 this year in what is being called a down year was still top 10..

as I have said all along..I am not saying Romo is perfect he needs to eliminate the turnovers, but he is far and away the best option Dallas has

I think we can agree on that. But everything I mentioned is why I think Dallas has to keep looking. Romo is NOT the future of the team.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Romo sucks. The Cowboys need to draft a Quarterback for their first pick this year in the draft. Romo is inconsistent and even when hes on top of his game he isnt anything near what hes hyped up to be. He was just the back up quarterback that everyone loved when Vinny Testeverde was in Dallas and now that hes got the job hes no better than Vinny was. Bottom line is the Cowboys need a new quarterback..

trojan37
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
The Cowboys only have 2 problems........

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gTif1Ae2O630/610x.jpg

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by LH QB 12
Romo sucks. The Cowboys need to draft a Quarterback for their first pick this year in the draft. Romo is inconsistent and even when hes on top of his game he isnt anything near what hes hyped up to be. He was just the back up quarterback that everyone loved when Vinny Testeverde was in Dallas and now that hes got the job hes no better than Vinny was. Bottom line is the Cowboys need a new quarterback..

What I find disturbing is the number of people who seem to forgive Romo for his stupid mistakes and attitude because he sometimes makes great plays. But in reality if you take his BAD plays and subtract them from his Good plays then he becomes a very, very mediocre QB. Even Vinny Testaverde was as good a QB as Romo is and everyone wanted to run Testaverde out of town. Romo had 26 Td's and 21 TO's this past season on a very, very talent loaded team. Testaverde had 17 TD's and 24 TO's on a very poor team in 04'. But because he made a few "Jeti" plays at the beginning some think he is much better than he actually is.....

BTW: He had the same TO's (21) in 06' but threw for 36 TD's(10 more) and then got his big contract............

Emerson1
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyone who thinks Romo should be replaced in this up coming draft is an idiot. That would set them back another 3 years.

Romo's biggest problem is that he is a Dallas Cowboys. A lot of idiot fans who expect every player to be in the pro bowl within 2 years.

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
The Cowboys only have 2 problems........

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gTif1Ae2O630/610x.jpg

You have to go back to 1998 to find the last time Owens had this bad of a season. All the while he is running his mouth, Talking crap to media, quiting on routes, dropping passes and all the other stuff that people claim about Owens. Terrell Owens is no different than he always has been but he didn't produce this season like the past seasons. Why? Because the only person who can get the ball to him played horrible football for most of the season. T.O. has a bad attitude but get him the ball and he will produce. Romo touches the ball on every single play and didn't produce!!!!!!!!! You can't change those facts.

Emerson1
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
No that would be on Jason Garrett sending TO 40 yards downfield every play.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Anyone who thinks Romo should be replaced in this up coming draft is an idiot. That would set them back another 3 years.

Romo's biggest problem is that he is a Dallas Cowboys. A lot of idiot fans who expect every player to be in the pro bowl within 2 years.

Romo does not have the capability to lead the Dallas Cowboys to a title. That is his biggest problem. The Cowboys need a talented, young quarterback that they can rely on day in and day out. Romo is not that guy

Farmersfan
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
No that would be on Jason Garrett sending TO 40 yards downfield every play.

T.O. has always went 40 yards downfield a lot. Most QB's would only throw him the ball when he was open. Romo threw into triple coverage on numberous occasions. All the while Crayton is running wide open on a crossing pattern.

Owens 40+ yard receptions by year:

08=6
07=6
06=4
05=4
04=9
03=4
02=5
01=6
00=5

Your logic is flawed! And just because you disagree doesn't make others "Idiots"!

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Romo should do us all a favor and go back to playing golf :D

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 10:13 PM
T.O. has always went 40 yards downfield a lot. Most QB's would only throw him the ball when he was open. Romo threw into triple coverage on numberous occasions. All the while Crayton is running wide open on a crossing pattern.

Owens 40+ yard receptions by year:

08=6
07=6
06=4
05=4
04=9
03=4
02=5
01=6
00=5

Your logic is flawed! And just because you disagree doesn't make others "Idiots"!

the only problem with the stats like that..how many of those were go routes or post routes...and how many of them were 5 yard routes taken 40 plus yards

look how far his YAC has gone down
he went from 7.2 yards run after catch in last year in Philly to best in Dallas has been 4.7

look even in SF
6.6,5.6,6.2 and so on

In Dallas he runs deeper routes..in SF and Philly it was the slant pattern he would then break a tackle and be gone.

So just because the amount of 40 plus yarders are about the same, it does not mean how he got them are the same

And that is one of imo problems with Garrett's passing game..he is an all or nothing guy. He does not use the slants, the outs, and in patterns enough

Those help the QB find a groove, helps the OL cause the ball is out quick and then brings up the safeties which then allow for the big play. The offense this year was just to big play or no play

SintonFan
01-14-2009, 10:49 PM

QBs in Title games

I agree.
Romo has been better than average and can be great but the whole situation in Dallas is an untenable situation. It all starts from the top...