PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Jeff Fisher...

JR2004
01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
And I'll never, ever win a big game the rest of my coaching career. If I coached in a big media market like Dallas or New York the fans and media would've ran me out of town a long time ago!

bwdlionfan
01-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I can't believe they didn't go for it on 4th and less than 1 down by 3 with 4 min left.... don't tie it so that Baltimore can win with a FG, take the 4 point lead and make Baltimore score a TD to win..... Put in VY for a QB sneak.

eagles_victory
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I can't believe they didn't go for it on 4th and less than 1 down by 3 with 4 min left.... don't tie it so that Baltimore can win with a FG, take the 4 point lead and make Baltimore score a TD to win..... Put in VY for a QB sneak. They have stuffed you most of the day running the ball and you have kept them from moving it all day so you take the points cant second guess that decision.

Trashman
01-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I have never understood how he kept his job without winning it all.:thinking:

bwdlionfan
01-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They have stuffed you most of the day running the ball and you have kept them from moving it all day so you take the points cant second guess that decision.

I only saw the 4th quarter of the game, but I still think on 4th and less than 1, you put in Vince Young and QB sneak it.

eagles_victory
01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I only saw the 4th quarter of the game, but I still think on 4th and less than 1, you put in Vince Young and QB sneak it. Bringing in a cold quarterback to run a QB sneak against one of the best front 7's in the league I dont think you do it. Judging by the flow of the game he made the right decision its tough to blame the coach when the team dominates the game but they cant hold on to the ball.

pirate4state
01-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
And I'll never, ever win a big game the rest of my coaching career. If I coached in a big media market like Dallas or New York the fans and media would've ran me out of town a long time ago!

:blahblah: :blahblah:

He didn't fumble the ball. He didn't miss a 51 yard FG.

:hand:

JR2004
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:blahblah: :blahblah:

He didn't fumble the ball. He didn't miss a 51 yard FG.

:hand:

Yada, Yada, Yada Rita...

The man can't win a big game to save his life. His entire tenure with the franchise is filled with garbage like today. He could have John Elway or Joe Montana back there and he'd still find a way to screw it up.

pirate4state
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Yada, Yada, Yada Rita...

The man can't win a big game to save his life. His entire tenure with the franchise is filled with garbage like today. He could have John Elway or Joe Montana back there and he'd still find a way to screw it up.

no

Pick6
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Yada, Yada, Yada Rita...

So let's change coach's every year or two like Washington and win something. Oh, that's been worse than the Titan's keeping Fisher.

coach
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM

hey jeff i have never liked you and thought u were always overrated

gobbler grad
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
hey Jeff, oh well...never gonna happen:thinking:

westcoast54
01-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Please tell me how Jeff Fisher lost the game. He made the right call on the 4th and inches call. You take the points. If he had gone for it and not made it you all would still be second guessing.

Pick6
01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Please tell me how Jeff Fisher lost the game. He made the right call on the 4th and inches call. You take the points. If he had gone for it and not made it you all would still be second guessing.

It's just JR thinking he knows every thing like usual.

westcoast54
01-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
It's just JR thinking he knows every thing like usual.

Well he needs to work on that everything part!:rolleyes:

sahen
01-10-2009, 11:29 PM
the Titans looked like they brought that old Oiler curse with them to Tennessee tonight...beating themselves in the playoffs was the way the Oilers lived and now the Titans are continuing the tradition, couldnt be happier for Bum Phillips....

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2009, 01:59 AM
I can't believe they didn't go for it on 4th and less than 1 down by 3 with 4 min left.... don't tie it so that Baltimore can win with a FG, take the 4 point lead and make Baltimore score a TD to win..... Put in VY for a QB sneak.

Hi I am Jeff Fisher and I took a team in turmoil with a back up QB, no big play wR and was able to grind out win after win after win with defense and and a running game

yep I lost today because my team committed to many TOs and lost the ONE big play guy at half on offense

Sorry JR, not sure how Fisher can be blamed

Bullaholic
01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Any coach that can get his team to fly around on the field on both sides of the ball like the Titans did today, win the number of games that they did in the regular season, and lose by 3 to a very physical Baltimore team, who has a chance of winning it all---ain't a bad coach in my book. Like Rita said---Fisher didn't make the turnovers in the red zone and miss a FG, and he didn't cause one of the most exciting RB's (Chris Johnson) in the NFL, who was tearing the Ravens up, to leave the game early with an ankle. Jeff Fisher is known around the league as a very good coach, and if the Titans make the mistake of letting him go, there will be a long line of potential employers.