PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crabtree going pro is the rumor.

Phil C
01-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I know it has been announced he will be going pro but remember you heard it here first with a big scoop along with great news for TT fans.
He is going to change his mind and he will NOT be going pro next year. Good news for TT.

Also right now Sam Bradford is a 50 - 50 chance. I know he wants to come back but at the same time he is risking millions. Look for him to probably have state pride and decided to play his senior year.

Mr. Tim Tebow is definitely coming back to Florida one more year. He may be called Superman and be a great college player but he is not yet a great NFL prospect so he will be at Florida next year.

Also look at a 50 - 50 chance for Ohio State's Chris Wells to change his mind and come back for his last year at Ohio State. He will decided that they need him one more year so his freshman QB Mr. Pryor will be ready for great leadership after his sophomore year.

This is the latest of the news flash. Remember last year I told you New York would beat New England and I was right as usual.

Txbroadcaster
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Only way Crabtree is back is if he gets hurt before he hires an agent

Emerson1
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Only way Crabtree is back is if he gets hurt before he hires an agent
Don't players usually take out an insurance policy? Does that make you ineligible?

Txbroadcaster
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't players usually take out an insurance policy? Does that make you ineligible?

no insurance does not make u ineligible

Phil C
01-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I was right on about Tebow. He wasn't projected to go that high in the draft. Mr. Crabtree will have a change of heart and come back to TT so I stand behind my prediction. Remember tomorrow (Thursday) is when they have to decide if they are going to declare. In his case he will announce he is staying since he does have a flare for the dramatics at times.

Txbroadcaster
01-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I was right on about Tebow. He wasn't projected to go that high in the draft. Mr. Crabtree will have a change of heart and come back to TT so I stand behind my prediction. Remember tomorrow (Thursday) is when they have to decide if they are going to declare. In his case he will announce he is staying since he does have a flare for the dramatics at times.

No he wont Phil...he is gone

Red&White_9x5
01-14-2009, 09:29 AM
One of the rumors I heard is that he didn't even attend classes in the fall. One student reportedly saw Crabtree twice the whole semester, the first day and the last day. So I believe he has had this plan for quite a while

Hill Man
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
One of the rumors I heard is that he didn't even attend classes in the fall. One student reportedly saw Crabtree twice the whole semester, the first day and the last day. So I believe he has had this plan for quite a while

If her didn't attend class and since the semester was over, I believe the policy would have suspended him from the team for the Cotton Bowl.

Phil C
01-14-2009, 10:48 AM

That has to be false because wouldn't he be ineligible for the whole fall season if he wasn't a student. And if he didn't attend classes he would be suspended. I know when I was in college if you had more than three unexcused absenses you were called to speak with your dean and if you kept it up your parents would be notified and the next step was suspension. Colleges were and I am sure strict on this. Leinart had to take at least one class his last year in order to be on the team and I am sure he showed up regularly for that class.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Crabtree is overrated, it all has to do with the system he is in. If he were at any other school he would just be another good reciever he is definately not the best in the country.

STANG RED
01-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Crabtree is gone for sure. He'd be a fool to stay, and I'm sure he knows it. He has nothing more to prove as a college WR, will go very high in the draft, and will certainly make several millions in his rookie year alone. Why on earth would he chance throwing all that away?

Bradford was exposed by the Gator D, and his stock went way way down I'm sure. He needs to come back just to prove himself again. But it could very easily backfire on him.

Tebow may be smart to come back one more year. His stock has a chance to rise considerably. But he is taking a chance for sure.

Daddy D 11
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LH QB 12
Crabtree is overrated, it all has to do with the system he is in. If he were at any other school he would just be another good reciever he is definately not the best in the country.

You don't know anything :)

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You don't know anything :)

I know more than you!

Phil C
01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Crabtree is gone for sure. He'd be a fool to stay, and I'm sure he knows it. He has nothing more to prove as a college WR, will go very high in the draft, and will certainly make several millions in his rookie year alone. Why on earth would he chance throwing all that away?

Bradford was exposed by the Gator D, and his stock went way way down I'm sure. He needs to come back just to prove himself again. But it could very easily backfire on him.

Tebow may be smart to come back one more year. His stock has a chance to rise considerably. But he is taking a chance for sure.

Now now STANG. Money isn't everything and it can't buy happiness.

jockcity33
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Also right now Sam Bradford is a 50 - 50 chance. I know he wants to come back but at the same time he is risking millions. Look for him to probably have state pride and decided to play his senior year.

So you are saying Bradford will stay at OU for two more years? He is only a soph. this year.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33

So you are saying Bradford will stay at OU for two more years? He is only a soph. this year.

the cowboys need to draft him :D

ronwx5x
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Crabtree is overrated, it all has to do with the system he is in. If he were at any other school he would just be another good reciever he is definately not the best in the country. [/QUOTE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH QB 12
the cowboys need to draft him :D

Which is it? He is overrated or he should be drafted by the Cowboys? Seems you are posting nonsense.

Crabtree is projected to go in the first round and I honestly believe NFL scouts know more than you seem to.

coachkiss
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Cowboys need to draft Bradford.

ronwx5x
01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Cowboys need to draft Bradford.

Natural mistake I suppose. I went by the title of this thread and it is Crabtree, not Bradford. Still nonsense.

STANG RED
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Now now STANG. Money isn't everything and it can't buy happiness.

Oh I totally agree with you Phil. But at this point he has to make a smart business decision. Whether he goes to the NFL now or later, there is no doubt that (barring injury) that he will go high. Right now he would be an early 1st round pick. He really cant get into much better of a position than he is presently in, but he could certainly go down. Especially with a new QB coming to the helm at TT. Going pro right now would be the smartest decision by far imo. If he makes a head decision instead of a heart decision, he is gone. But as a fan, I certainly wouldnt mind seeing him back in a Red Raider uniform next season. But I'll be cringing everytime I see him take a shot to the legs, or in a leg twisting tackle.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Which is it? He is overrated or he should be drafted by the Cowboys? Seems you are posting nonsense.

Crabtree is projected to go in the first round and I honestly believe NFL scouts know more than you seem to.

I said that Crabtree is overrated..then i said that the cowboys should draft Bradford..sorry i was talking about two different people.

Texasfootball2
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Ya, I guess thats why every NFL draft expert and scouting website has him rated as the #1 WR in the draft if he comes out and would be a top 12 pick.

I think there are some behind the scenes issues that are not known by the public that could keep Crabtree in Lubbock for one more year. I heard this from a fairly reliable source before the Cottom Bowl. I didn't believe it until I too heard that he may be returning. If he returns it would validate what I was told in December. I don't care to share any more on a public forum though.

Phil C
01-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I didn't know Sam Bradford had two years left. He will not only be back next year but the year after this. Remember you heard it officially here first.

BwdLions
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Any QB would have succeeded behind that sooner' OL. Another reason no one could get past the sooner OL is they were guilty of holding on every play. The Big XII conference officials apparently don't call holding much anymore (or at least they didn't in 2008).

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Ya, I guess thats why every NFL draft expert and scouting website has him rated as the #1 WR in the draft if he comes out and would be a top 12 pick.

I think there are some behind the scenes issues that are not known by the public that could keep Crabtree in Lubbock for one more year. I heard this from a fairly reliable source before the Cottom Bowl. I didn't believe it until I too heard that he may be returning. If he returns it would validate what I was told in December. I don't care to share any more on a public forum though.

i never said he wasnt a great reciever, i simply said he was not the best reciever in the nation. thats just my opinion though you all have yours and i have mine

Phil C
01-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Any QB would have succeeded behind that sooner' OL. Another reason no one could get past the sooner OL is they were guilty of holding on every play. The Big XII conference officials apparently don't call holding much anymore (or at least they didn't in 2008).

I agree Bwd. We saw it all year. The only good of it was that they were consistently not calling it on both teams.
The trouble is when you get to a bowl game with good officials that will call it then you are in trouble.

ronwx5x
01-14-2009, 03:16 PM
i never said he wasnt a great reciever, i simply said he was not the best reciever in the nation. thats just my opinion though you all have yours and i have mine

But ours is backed by NFL professionals and you know as well as we that they always get it correct on draft day!:cool: :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
I didn't know Sam Bradford had two years left. He will not only be back next year but the year after this. Remember you heard it officially here first.

ESPN is now reporting that Bradford will return to Oklahoma next season.

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
But ours is backed by NFL professionals and you know as well as we that they always get it correct on draft day!:cool: :thinking:

I beg to differ, there are many times that first round picks have not turned out to be what they were hyped up to. However i do think Crabtree will have a successful NFL career he is a great athlete and a great football player

DDBooger
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
ESPN is now reporting that Bradford will return to Oklahoma next season. wow. so perhaps McCoy can get a Heisman sitting next to Tebow and Bradford. I have little doubt those 3 will be there again.

ronwx5x
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I beg to differ, there are many times that first round picks have not turned out to be what they were hyped up to. However i do think Crabtree will have a successful NFL career he is a great athlete and a great football player

Jeez, take a pill. That was an attempt at humor, thus the "cool" and "thinking" at the end of the post.

Probably more first round picks make it than don't, but there are still many who don't.

No offense was offered or intended in this post! j/k

Phil C
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
ESPN is now reporting that Bradford will return to Oklahoma next season.

What did I tell you all? :) Scoop Phil does it again!

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Jeez, take a pill. That was an attempt at humor, thus the "cool" and "thinking" at the end of the post.

Probably more first round picks make it than don't, but there are still many who don't.

No offense was offered or intended in this post! j/k

haha my bad!
i didnt read over it very carefully

20loboes10
01-14-2009, 09:53 PM

LH QB 12=retard

LH QB 12
01-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
LH QB 12=retard

Thank you :)

20loboes10
01-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Thank you :)

Anytime my fellow American

RMAC
01-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Negative on that ghostrider. I would get one to two texts a week from my girlfriend telling me she could see him and how he was "so beautiful." She even sent me one one day saying he was close enough for her to touch him and she was thinking about it.:D

Ranger Mom
01-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Negative on that ghostrider. I would get one to two texts a week from my girlfriend telling me she could see him and how he was "so beautiful." She even sent me one one day saying he was close enough for her to touch him and she was thinking about it.:D

I bet she has pictures of him on her phone!!:eek:

On another note.....my stepson worked at Texas Roadhouse for a year....he waited on Graham Harrell several times, evidently he's pretty full of himself.:)

BwdLions
01-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I think Crabtree will be a very good pro receiver. He has all the tools to make an immediate impact at the next level. As a Horns' fan I'm glad to see him go.

crzyjournalist03
01-15-2009, 11:04 AM
the deadline is upon us Phil. I'm waiting with great anticipation for your announcement to come to fruition. But what if it doesn't?

Phil C
01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
the deadline is upon us Phil. I'm waiting with great anticipation for your announcement to come to fruition. But what if it doesn't?

Be patient Crzy! The day is not over yet.

Phil C
01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
It is getting later in the day. I am worried that maybe he isn't going to change his mind as I expected. :(

I_DONT_CARE
01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
It is getting later in the day. I am worried that maybe he isn't going to change his mind as I expected. :(
YOU MEAN YOU MIGHT BE WRONG? :rolleyes: