PDA

View Full Version : 5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share

Trashman
01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
MOGADISHU, Somalia – Five of the Somali pirates who released a hijacked oil-laden Saudi supertanker drowned with their share of a reported $3 million ransom after their small boat capsized, a pirate and port town resident said Saturday.

Pirate Daud Nure says the boat with eight people on board overturned in a storm after dozens of pirates left the Sirius Star following a two-month standoff in the Gulf of Aden that ended Friday.

He said five people died and three people reached shore after swimming for several hours. Daud Nure was not part of the pirate operation but knew those involved.

Jamal Abdulle, a resident of the Somali coastal town of Haradhere, close to where the ship had been anchored, also confirmed that the boat sank and that the eight's portion of the ransom money that had been shared among dozens of pirates was lost.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Awesome news. I've been followin these pirate stories and I can't imagine giving these "people" millions and not blowing their collective asses out of the water. Hope that $3mil was worth it!

DDBooger
01-10-2009, 02:56 PM
whats more amazing is the world working collectively to stem this! Russian, Chinese, USA, Indian and EU warships :eek: :eek: haha

wimbo_pro
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
If any of you believe this story (that they "drowned in a storm"), I have some real estate to sell you in the Florida swamps...

Anybody know who Jason Bourne is?

I_Do_Care
01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Anybody know who Jason Bourne is? A fictional character in a movie that is the exact opposite of what real agents are in the real world...Quit watching 24, people in the clandestine forces laugh at em!

:wave:

if it was carried out it was by a spec ops team, likely not even American. Maybe "freelancers" hired by Saudis

wimbo_pro
01-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
A fictional character in a movie that is the exact opposite of what real agents are in the real world...Quit watching 24, people in the clandestine forces laugh at em!

:wave:

if it was carried out it was by a spec ops team, likely not even American. Maybe "freelancers" hired by Saudis

I agree with you, but my point is...they were taken out.

shankbear
01-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I guess they can't float me a loan. Now I have a sinking feeling. No bailout would help them now.

wimbo_pro
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
I guess they can't float me a loan. Now I have a sinking feeling. No bailout would help them now.

...and the dollar keeps sinking....