PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News..Tim Tebow to skip SR Year

leisabug1
01-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Just got this email -

January 09, 2009
Tebow Skips Senior Season
MIAMI (SP) -- Shortly after leading the Florida Gators to a national championship with a 24-14 win over Oklahoma, junior quarterback Tim Tebow announced that he would skip his senior season and ascend directly into heaven.Tebow entered the press room to wild applause. A reporter for a 24-hour cable sports network burst into tears when the 2007 Heisman winner entered the room. Another threw a pair of boxer shorts on the podium. Tebow smiled at the gesture and several sports reporters fainted."Sorry I'm late," Tebow began. "There was a six-year-old boy with cancer in row 54 and I had to make my way through the crowd to heal him."
"I want to start by saying that playing quarterback for the University of Florida, winning two national championships, has been a great honor. There has been some speculation about my future and I want to clear that up right now," he continued. "Don't go, Tim!" a reporter shouted from the back of the room.

"After much consideration, I have decided to skip my senior season at the University of Florida and ascend directly into Heaven," Tebow announced. Upon making the announcement, Tebow was bathed in a blinding white light and vanished.

In response to the news, ESPN announced they will have a month-long tribute to Tebow. ESPN2 will now be known as ESPN-TEBOW and will feature Tebow highlights (including home videos of Tebow's childhood), re-airings of past interviews, Tebow-centric analysis by ESPN air personalities, a Tebow quiz show and a reality show to find the "most Tebow-like" person in America.

"He wasn't just the greatest player in college football history," said a college football writer at the press conference, tears streaming down his face. "He might have been the greatest person to ever walk on earth."

Looking4number8
01-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Classic...... you have way too much time on your hands but still a classic:clap:

raider red 2000
01-10-2009, 09:54 AM
stupidest thing ever

DDBooger
01-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
stupidest thing ever don't worry, he's not taking Crabtree, he's going to the NFL :rolleyes:

:D

STANG RED
01-10-2009, 02:10 PM
hahahahahahaha that reads like a skit from Saturday Night Live. Way over the top, but very funny.

Personally I like Tebow and think he is a great young man, but he has been way overly annointed by the media and too many others, and will have a very hard time living up to the overblown hype. But I wish them both well. With many of the recent events, lots of people are looking for heros to clammer over.

GetRDoneStangs
01-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
hahahahahahaha that reads like a skit from Saturday Night Live. Way over the top, but very funny.

Personally I like Tebow and think he is a great young man, but he has been way overly annointed by the media and too many others, and will have a very hard time living up to the overblown hype. But I wish them both well. With many of the recent events, lots of people are looking for heros to clammer over.

Now THAT is a funny/acurate reply!!!

:D :D

Rabid Cougar
01-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Lots of 21 year olds and younger have done much more than play a game over the past 5 years. Lots of them have seen more than a Leper colony. They are the real heros.
You can go see them everyday in Terminal B at DFW.

carter08
01-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
stupidest thing ever

need a sense of humor?

i've got enough for both of us.