PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Well OU fans you know can feel what UT fans felt when people said UT could not win "the big game"

It is not fair, but OU now gets the moniker of big game choke artists

This staff made some strange calls especially the 4th and goal hurry up call

pirate4state
01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
you hear that terry?

those detractors don't get it!

lakers
01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
It seemed they kept going to the same play on 3rd and 4th and short and it hardly ever work

Emerson1
01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
OU and OSU have ruined 5/6 MNC games.

IHStangFan
01-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you hear that terry?

those detractors don't get it! LOL....Tebow is just being Tebow....he IS Superman.....nobody had a chance against Florida's defense......blah blah blah....I love after game comments.

westtxfballfan
01-09-2009, 12:25 AM
"Blown game Bob." Take the 3 points in a 7-7 tie. Sheeesh. 'Think he'd mind if OU hired someone like Jimmy Johnson or Switzer to come in after the Big 12 Championship each year and serve as "Bowl Preparation Coach?" "You can still come to practice, Bob, but you gotta keep it zipped. And your sittin' in the stands at the bowl."

JasperDog94
01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Sponge Bob Bowl Flop strikes again.

Phil C
01-09-2009, 09:13 AM
They should have got that field goal on that fourth and goal. In a close game in the first half you get the points when you can. Also Bradford should have overthrown that receiver just before the half. Even if the receiver had caught it the defenders probably would have been able to keep him out of the end zone. That was six points they gave up that they missed even though they probably would have lost anyway.

Maroon87
01-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Any truth to the rumor that "BCS" stand for Bob "Choker" Stoops?:thinking:

Black_Magic
01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Any truth to the rumor that "BCS" stand for Bob "Choker" Stoops?:thinking: Looks like it. I think it just proved that the wrong team from the big 12 was put in the game. I just hope folks will remember this fiasco in the years to come and not just put OU in the game because they have 1 loss and because they are OU. Maybe the BSC will learn a lesson form this year for the future.

Dogman_1969
01-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Media just loves USC and OU. Texas should have played Utah in the title game. OU lost to Texas and got the media blitz behind them again and stoopified theirselves into another loss on college footballs big stage.

As far as I'm concerned, Utah is the champion then followed by Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, USC and then TCU.

Electus Unus
01-09-2009, 11:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/DizzG/DSCF0873.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/ChrisSa2949/smith.jpg

cshscougar08
01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Any truth to the rumor that "BCS" stand for Bob "Choker" Stoops?:thinking:

Is it really a choke if no one expects you to win in the first place?

Phil C
01-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Looks like it. I think it just proved that the wrong team from the big 12 was put in the game. I just hope folks will remember this fiasco in the years to come and not just put OU in the game because they have 1 loss and because they are OU. Maybe the BSC will learn a lesson form this year for the future.

I agree. Let's also hope the Big 12 learned a lesson two since they allowed OU to play in the Big 12 instead of Texas even though UT beat them by 10 points.

LH Panther Mom
01-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree. Let's also hope the Big 12 learned a lesson two since they allowed OU to play in the Big 12 instead of Texas even though UT beat them by 10 points.
And Texas lost to Tech, who got spanked by OU. Come on, Phil....we've been over this before. ;) OU won the tie-breaker fair and square by the RULES the Big XII has in place.

Black_Magic
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Media just loves USC and OU. Texas should have played Utah in the title game. OU lost to Texas and got the media blitz behind them again and stoopified theirselves into another loss on college footballs big stage.

As far as I'm concerned, Utah is the champion then followed by Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, USC and then TCU. I agree. The "national champions" are not legit in my eyes. I think alot of folks all over the country feel that. west coast, Some of the South, Mountan states and some of the north. its sad that you have such a screw up when there is such a simple solution. Playoffs that conect to the bowls into the national championship game.

Rocket Dad
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
His team was not supposed to win, played against a great defense, tried to score TD's inside the red zone, probably figured his trips close to the goalline would be limited. If those 2 chances would have resulted in TD's the same people that are bashing would be calling him a "genius". Just the nature of the game.

cshscougar08
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
His team was not supposed to win, played against a great defense, tried to score TD's inside the red zone, probably figured his trips close to the goalline would be limited. If those 2 chances would have resulted in TD's the same people that are bashing would be calling him a "genius". Just the nature of the game.

Thank you!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Big Papa
01-09-2009, 12:02 PM
His team was not supposed to win, played against a great defense,

ROFL.. so your saying they were just lucky to be there??

cshscougar08
01-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
ROFL.. so your saying they were just lucky to be there??

No genius. Once they earned their way there, or had it given to them take your pick, no one thought they would win. DUH! :doh:

Phil C
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM

Unfortunately only when it works you are a genius. If it don't well -----. And that is the way it is. None of them worked.

pirate4state
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
No genius. Once they earned their way there, or had it given to them take your pick, no one thought they would win. DUH! :doh:

The defense playing so well early on really surprised and almost had me rooting for them, but I picked Florida to win mainly because I like their uniforms better. :D LOL

Big Papa
01-09-2009, 12:08 PM

yes the bcs did earn it for them

oh and there were plenty of people who thought they'd win... and i think about the whole country expected to offense to put up more than 14

westcoast54
01-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I thought it was a good game last night. Florida is the National Champions. They won the game, they beat Oklahoma. IMO, Florida beats any team in the Big XII, and that includes UT. After all the bowls I now believe the Big XII South is not as good as everyone thought. I give UT kudos for coming back and beating Ohio State. However, the Big XII South was 18 seconds away from being 0-4.
I would love to see Florida and USC play. That would be a heck of a game too.

turbostud
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
My first thought after both teams punted on their first posession was that this was gonna be a low scoring defensive game. In those situations you take whatever points you can.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM

That does not matter to perception

In the 5 year run of OU beating UT OU was rnaked higher and favored in almost every game..but after each loss Brwn got more and more crap about not being able to win the big game

It might noit be fair, but the perception is OU and Stopps cannot win BCS bowl games, and now cannot beat UT

Emerson1
01-10-2009, 12:39 AM
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5858/jjl5w7pa5.jpg

Txbroadcaster
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5858/jjl5w7pa5.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is funny

Simple Man
01-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I would rather get to a BCS game and lose than not get there at all. Considering all the BCS games they have played in the last 10 years, just shows that year in and year out they are the team to beat in the Big 12.

Rabid Cougar
01-10-2009, 09:37 AM

That is a "CS" response and I don't mean China Spring. Scoring freaking 60 points a game in the last 6 games of the season then going all conservative in the "Big game"

Consider UTN no better than Texas Tech.