PDA

View Full Version : If Your a Fan of Texas,Utah,or USC

eagles_victory
01-08-2009, 09:54 PM
This first half is exactly what you wanted to see if your holding out for a split national title. I for one as a Texas fan don't believe in a split who wins this is the champ, but you know esp. if it is USC they will go crazy like they are the true national champs.

JR2004
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I recognize USC's AP title and if they give it to Utah this year I'll recognize them as well.

DDBooger
01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I recognize USC's AP title and if they give it to Utah this year I'll recognize them as well. If Oklahoma wins, I'll recognize those two or Texas.

sotex
01-08-2009, 10:07 PM
regardless of who wins tonight, IMO Utah, Texas, and tonights winner all have legitimate claims to the mythical championship

Phil C
01-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by sotex
regardless of who wins tonight, IMO Utah, Texas, and tonights winner all have legitimate claims to the mythical championship

sotex has a point in that it is a mythical championship. It will always be an MNC until we get a real playoff. It is better than it was but it could even be much better.

Texas beat Oklahoma by 10 on a neutral field and Florida beat Oklahoma on basically a home field by the same. Of course Oklahoma blew it in the first half by not getting those two field goals.
Utah has a perfect record so they have an argument as does USC which showed it was great by whipping Penn State.

Real playoffs anyone?

jockcity33
01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Texas beat Oklahoma by 10 on a neutral field and Florida beat Oklahoma on basically a home field by the same.

I just looked because I am tired of hearing the neutral field BS from you TU fans.....

Gainesville Fl. to Miami Fl. is a little over 5 hours.
Norman to Miami is 23 hours.
Norman to Dallas 3 hours 7 min.
Austin to Dallas 3 hours 15 min.

Now if you are saying Florida basically had home field last night, then by saying that both OU and TU had home field in Dallas since they are the same distance and both ar closer than Gainesville is to Miami.

There is no way in hell that TU needs to even be mentioned as a NC possibilty since they got beat in Lubbock, by a team that is far inferior to the longhorns, who could not even beat Ole Miss.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33

There is no way in hell that TU needs to even be mentioned as a NC possibilty since they got beat in Lubbock, by a team that is far inferior to the longhorns, who could not even beat Ole Miss.

Kinda same with Fla losing AT HOME to OLe Miss

jockcity33
01-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Kinda same with Fla losing AT HOME to OLe Miss

I agree with that.

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I just looked because I am tired of hearing the neutral field BS from you TU fans.....

Gainesville Fl. to Miami Fl. is a little over 5 hours.
Norman to Miami is 23 hours.
Norman to Dallas 3 hours 7 min.
Austin to Dallas 3 hours 15 min.

Now if you are saying Florida basically had home field last night, then by saying that both OU and TU had home field in Dallas since they are the same distance and both ar closer than Gainesville is to Miami.

I don't think anybody is saying anything about Tennessee being mentioned in the national championship conversation, and I also don't think they even played Oklahoma this year. :confused:

jockcity33
01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I don't think anybody is saying anything about Tennessee being mentioned in the national championship conversation, and I also don't think they even played Oklahoma this year. :confused:

I did not say anything about Tennessee either.....

BwdLions
01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Which team do you root for jockcity?

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I did not say anything about Tennessee either.....

oh...tulsa then...my issue still stands.

LH Panther Mom
01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
oh...tulsa then...my issue still stands.
:clap: :clap: :D

Texasfootball2
01-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't see how anybody can argue that Florida is not the NC's. In there last two games they beat the #1 ranked team on a neutral field, and their one loss was to an Ole Miss team the will probably finish around #17 in the final poll and proved to be a quality opponent the last half of the season beating LSU 31-13 on the road.

Texas did win their bowl game but they barely squeaked by a #10 ranked 10-2 Ohio St. team and their loss to Tech has become more damaging since Tech dropped off drastically at the end of the year and prove to be somewhat overrated.

USC dominated a #8 Penn St. team in what was essentially a home bowl game, but their one loss was to what is still and unranked Oregon St. which in my opinion gives them no claim to a NC.

Utah played a decent schedule and beat #11 TCU in their bowl game and also had victories over #9 Boise St. and #4 Alabama, and was the only team to go undefeated this season.

Based on all this I have no problem if their ranked like this:

1. Florida
2. Utah
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Oklahoma

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

Utah played a decent schedule and beat #11 TCU in their bowl game and also had victories over #9 Boise St. and #4 Alabama, and was the only team to go undefeated

:confused:

TCU defeated Boise State in their bowl game, and Boise State was undefeated going into that game.

Utah beat Alabama.

Texasfootball2
01-09-2009, 12:56 PM
:confused:

TCU defeated Boise State in their bowl game, and Boise State was undefeated going into that game.

Utah beat Alabama. Thanks for the correction. It still doesn't take away from what Utah has done.

BwdLions
01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I have no problem with Florida being the champs. They deserve it. I also don't have a problem with Utah jumping up to #2. What I do have a problem with is USC jumping Texas.

Emerson1
01-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I have no problem with Florida being the champs. They deserve it. I also don't have a problem with Utah jumping up to #2. What I do have a problem with is USC jumping Texas.
You have to remember the double standard. When it comes to USC vs Penn St., the OSU team will be classified as a great #10 team.

But for Texas OSU sucks

jockcity33
01-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Which team do you root for jockcity?

I am a Tech fan.

I_Do_Care
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I am a Tech fan.
lmao
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z122/mkniskern/Smileys/laughing.gif