PDA

View Full Version : No means NO!!!!!

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Geez!

When I say we aren't interested in your magazine that is 87% off, because we don't even look at the all the other "free" ones we get....quit trying to talk me into it. I said NO and I meant NO!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Damn, those people are annoying....and then when they say they will call back later and see if "Mr. O'Briant" is available they don't seem to realize they have to get through me first. "Mr. O'Briant" was available THIS time, but that is what I get paid for....the weed these calls out!!!

Idiots!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok....I feel better now!!!:D

Thanks for letting me vent!:)

Bullaholic
01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Whew, RM---for a minute there I thought you had been attacked. :D

RedWhiteBlue
01-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Geez!

When I say we aren't interested in your magazine that is 87% off, because we don't even look at the all the other "free" ones we get....quit trying to talk me into it. I said NO and I meant NO!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Damn, those people are annoying....and then when they say they will call back later and see if "Mr. O'Briant" is available they don't seem to realize they have to get through me first. "Mr. O'Briant" was available THIS time, but that is what I get paid for....the weed these calls out!!!

Idiots!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok....I feel better now!!!:D

Thanks for letting me vent!:)
Dang, momma, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! Have you put your office number on the "Do Not Call List"?

pirate4state
01-08-2009, 03:58 PM
See, what you need to do next time is say, "yes, I am interested in buying..." and just hang up mid sentence! hahaha

when they call back do it again and again until they get the picture! :evillol:

or you get annoyed and just tell them to quit calling :D

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
See, what you need to do next time is say, "yes, I am interested in buying..." and just hang up mid sentence! hahaha

or you get annoyed and just tell them to quit calling :D

or you just ask them why they called your work number and tell them that you are a courtesy caller who sells magazines for a living!

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Whew, RM---for a minute there I thought you had been attacked. :D

I felt like attacking him....the condescending A-hole!!!

He popped off and called me a "glorified phone protector.":rolleyes:

If you are gonna call someone a name, at least make it original or funny....that was just stupid.

So I came back with an equally stupid response and told him at least I didn't have to sell magazines for a living.:p

pirate4state
01-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I felt like attacking him....the condescending A-hole!!!

If you are gonna call someone a name, at least make it original or funny....that was just stupid.

So I came back with an equally stupid response and told him at least I didn't have to sell magazines for a living.:p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm gonna start calling you GPP now! :spitlol:

DDBooger
01-08-2009, 04:05 PM

he could have called you a purchasing condom?:confused:

waterboy
01-08-2009, 04:06 PM
We still get calls like that on occasion, and we're on the "do not call list". They are annoying. We have caller ID so we just don't answer the phone when we don't know the number, or it's out of our area code.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
he could have called you a purchasing condom?:confused:

I think he called me the "B" word when he hung up!!:D :D

BwdLion73
01-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I prefer to ask them if they will hold.....and never come back!:)

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
We still get calls like that on occasion, and we're on the "do not call list". They are annoying. We have caller ID so we just don't answer the phone when we don't know the number, or it's out of our area code.

I have to answer it.....we have too many clients outside of our area code.

Sometimes I will just hang up, sometimes I will argue with them...sometimes I am nice....just depends on what mood I am in!!

I was nice to begin with until he started talking down to me...then I had to go "Sybil" on him!!:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
What's fun to do is take your Sunday paper will all of those coupons that are on sale and take the credit card offers that you get, open them, remove the self-addressed and postage paid envelopes, fill them up with the coupons that are in the sale paper, and drop them off in the mail.

waterboy
01-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I have to answer it.....we have too many clients outside of our area code.

Sometimes I will just hang up, sometimes I will argue with them...sometimes I am nice....just depends on what mood I am in!!

I was nice to begin with until he started talking down to me...then I had to go "Sybil" on him!!:)
In that case, most phone companies have a "block call" option. I've never used it, or had to, but it might be worth looking into.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
What's fun to do is take your Sunday paper will all of those coupons that are on sale and take the credit card offers that you get, open them, remove the self-addressed and postage paid envelopes, fill them up with the coupons that are in the sale paper, and drop them off in the mail.

I've done something similar to that....but I just sent my "other" junk mail back to different companies!!

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
In that case, most phone companies have a "block call" option. I've never used it, or had to, but it might be worth looking into.

It's not THAT big a deal....it keeps me on my toes!!!:D

waterboy
01-08-2009, 04:19 PM
It's not THAT big a deal....it keeps me on my toes!!!:D
Actually, from what I understand, it's pretty simple. You just press *65, or some quick code like that, when they call and they can't get through to your number anymore.:)

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Bullaholic just sent me this...I thought it was hilarious.

I just hope it is board appropriate!!

Telephone prank (http://www.howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/)

MN95
01-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I need some help here. Does No! REALLY mean No! After 20 years of marriage I thought No! means just wait until she falls asleep.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by MN95
I need some help here. Does No! REALLY mean No! After 20 years of marriage I thought No! means just wait until she falls asleep.

At home I don't even have to say "NO"...I just raise my eyebrows...that's usually says it all!:p

STANG RED
01-08-2009, 05:15 PM
At home I don't even have to say "NO"...I just raise my eyebrows...that's usually says it all!:p

I believe that to. I've seen your eyebrows before.:p :devil:

Ranger Mom
01-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I believe that to. I've seen your eyebrows before.:p :devil:

You've seen me mad too!! Remember when y'all told me that LewP was talking crap about me having a myspace!!:p :p

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2009, 05:30 PM

I just LOLed at work several times!

STANG RED
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
You've seen me mad too!! Remember when y'all told me that LewP was talking crap about me having a myspace!!:p :p

LOL, yea and we only told you the nice stuff he said.:eek: :devil:

44INAROW
01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
wow - talk about a flash from the past......... is that site still open?

Ranger Mom
01-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow - talk about a flash from the past......... is that site still open?

I have no idea! When I got my new computer I lost all my bookmarks and have never tried finding it again!

stangGirl2007
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM

That was great!

And to think...we were from the same hometown. :eek:

Emerson1
01-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I have no idea! When I got my new computer I lost all my bookmarks and have never tried finding it again!
www.cheer.proboards20.com is!

Ranger Mom
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
That was great!

And to think...we were from the same hometown. :eek:

I'm sorry!

He was even mean to your dad, and your dad is one of the nicest people I have ever met!!!:eek: :eek:

stangGirl2007
01-09-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm sorry!

He was even mean to your dad, and your dad is one of the nicest people I have ever met!!!:eek: :eek:

I am pretty sure he is scared to show his face anywhere near anyone that has anything to do with football in town.

It would be fun to get you two together though, I would see tickets to that show.

Pay for a semester of two of college :)

BullsFan
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM

I laughed until I CRIED.

IHStangFan
01-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

or you get annoyed and just tell them to quit calling :D LOL.....nice.....how about "Please hold..." then hang up...and repeat.