PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Release Pacman

kepdawg
01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
So says the DMN...

Looking4number8
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I am not anti-packman because of his off the field things. I just think he did not do the job this year. He needed to be cut!

Bullaholic
01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Wonder how long before the Raiders call?...:D

DDBooger
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wonder how long before the Raiders call?...:D he's not fast enough, Al Davis only looks at 40 times:rolleyes:

Trashman
01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I am not anti-packman because of his off the field things. I just think he did not do the job this year. He needed to be cut!

:iagree:

Pacman KP............Kain't Play.:D

coach
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
i thought he did well on his coverages this year but was dissapointed on his returning ability

Necks_Fan
01-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow. A trend?

Tank and TO gone as well?

eagles_victory
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I think he would of improved vastly going through the full off-season and preseason and getting a lot of coaching and training but you cant fault the Boys for cutting him lose either not enough production for the trouble in year 1.

Pick6
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Wow. A trend?

Tank and TO gone as well?

Tank is a FA. He'll get better offers from other teams.

kepdawg
01-07-2009, 07:53 PM
IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have released Adam "Pacman" Jones and a team source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the move was made after the team learned of new allegations against the troubled cornerback from his time with the Titans.

Jones's release came after "Outside the Lines" reporter John Barr contacted the NFL, the Cowboys and Jones' attorneys about a piece scheduled to air Sunday in which three Atlanta-area men allege that Jones arranged for someone to shoot at them two months after the football player was suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in 2007.

The June 2007 shooting occurred outside a suburban Atlanta strip club. One of the shooting victims told "Outside the Lines" that he had a dispute with Jones inside the strip club and that not long after he and the two others left the club, a hail of bullets struck their car. The NFL knew about that incident, but charges were never brought against anyone because the victims did not see the shooter.

"Outside the Lines" obtained information that police, investigating a separate Atlanta-area case, had been told by an informant that Jones ordered the June 2007 shooting following his dispute with one of the men. Police have said while the case remains open they are not actively investigating.

The Cowboys traded for Jones before the season even though he had been suspended in 2007 because of a series of off-field incidents. "He was surprised, and I think he was obviously somewhat hurt," said Worrick Robinson, Jones' agent. "At the same time, he understands the business behind what is happening here."

He missed six games this season for violating the league's player conduct policy after an Oct. 7 scuffle with a team bodyguard at a Dallas hotel. He missed a seventh game with an injury.

Jones averaged just 4.6 yards per punt return and had no interceptions.

Robinson said he did not think Jones' suspension was a factor in the Cowboys' decision to release the cornerback.

"We don't have any reason to believe at this point that that off-the-field incident had anything to do with the team's decision today," Robinson said. "I know there was certainly a lot of bad that came out of that situation, but there was some good that came out of that situation as well."

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3817195)

Trashman
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm checking off my "Dump Them Now" List.

1. Coach Cup Cake
X 2. Bruce Read
3. Eldorado Owens
4. Tank Johnson
X 5. Pac Man Jones

Two down and three to go, if you know what I mean!:D

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I'm checking off my "Dump Them Now" List.

1. Coach Cup Cake
X 2. Bruce Read
3. Eldorado Owens
4. Tank Johnson
X 5. Pac Man Jones

Two down and three to go, if you know what I mean!:D

You can go ahead and mark off Tank. He's essentially said he's not coming back.

Black_Magic
01-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
he's not fast enough, Al Davis only looks at 40 times:rolleyes: watch it happen.

BILLYFRED0000
01-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah isnt al's fav saying just shoot baby.

DDBooger
01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
watch it happen. I think Oakland already has pretty solid dbs. Davis will go after burners on offense.