PDA

View Full Version : Rap Music During Pre Game Basketball

Antec
01-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Do yall go to any basketball games where they play real loud rap music before basketball games.

At Wharton girls game last night they blew out the gym

The lyrics of the rap song included players names ets

Last over 10 minutes

JR2004
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
We don't really have a sound system at Cobb so we usually don't play anything during home games unless someone remembers to bring their radio to the game. When we play Lincoln K104 shows up and has a DJ table setup in the corner to play music during pre-game as well as during timeouts and halftime.

When we get to play at Ellis Davis they play rap music and it's pretty loud, but then again they've got a sound system that's equal to what they have down at the Erwin Center in Austin. I like that right before tip-off down there they will play the theme from Sanford and Son before every game...lol. I also like that they play "Neck" during timeouts on occasion. That's the old song by Cameo. I guess the actual title is "Talkin out the side of your neck"...Every HBCU band plays that song.

I went to see Ranchview last night and they have a DJ setup in the corner. They've been doing that though pretty much since the school opened. They have a great sound system and their DJ plays a variety of new and old rap music. He was playing Brass Monkey last night during halftime!

turbostud
01-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Yea its rather annoying. But I was pleasantly surprised at last nights bball game our team played ACDC in warmups. Still waiting for some team to come out to country music.

Necks_Fan
01-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Lol. I don't think they'll be playing country music at a basketball game anywhere, even in Texas.

and yes.

We play rap music at our pre-games.... BUT, there are no words. Just beats.

The players create a CD and it is listened to and approved by the coach.

kepdawg
01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I've heard all varieties of music played before games. If you are in charge of the music always make sure you have edited versions of songs! I believe it was last year I heard the unmentionable word at a game!

Pick6
01-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Rap sucks

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Lol. I don't think they'll be playing country music at a basketball game anywhere, even in Texas.

Never been to a China Spring Basketball game in China Spring when playing Connally or LaVega

There was always a very special country CD being played during warm ups. Never made any difference in the outcome of the games. But the looks were priceless.

CS Volleyball does a special CD of Kenny G tunes for Gatesville when they are in their Hitting warm up at CS.
Gatesville retaliates with Children's tunes.

Necks_Fan
01-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Never been to a China Spring Basketball game in China Spring when playing Connally or LaVega

There was always a very special country CD being played during warm ups. Never made any difference in the outcome of the games. But the looks were priceless.

CS Volleyball does a special CD of Kenny G tunes for Gatesville when they are in their Hitting warm up at CS.
Gatesville retaliates with Children's tunes. Lol. Nice.

Well, nowhere near here anyway.

Talk_To_The_Paw
01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Heard Needville plays country music during their pregame warmups.

DUKE22
01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
What is funny is when the words are changed or bleeped out and it is totally obvious to anyone with half a brain what is being said. I know bothers some of the older people, but I dont guess it is that big of a deal.

Looking4number8
01-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Rap sucks

:iagree: But if you go to basketball games, you have to deal with it. When we were in 4A, rap music was always on the speaker systems before the football games too.

Last year I got to do the music before and during the games for Softball. That was fun. Needless to say we played lots of oldies that were upbeat (at least to me). I hope I get to do it again this year.

STANG RED
01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I hate being forced to listen to rap crap. Whether its at a Basketball game, or the punk setting next to me at a red light.:mad:

RedWhiteBlue
01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm not a huge rap fan. But I don't think fans really appreciated listening to Ratt or Skid Row back in my day, either. So I guess I can deal with it.....:D

Spaceman_Spiff
01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Rap hadn't even been invented when I was in High School.

JR2004
01-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hate being forced to listen to rap crap. Whether its at a Basketball game, or the punk setting next to me at a red light.:mad:

A little tolerance never hurts anything. :)

I'll listen to pretty much any kind of music. I can listen to country, jazz, bluegrass, R&B, alternative, oldies, classical, etc...I'll listen to pretty much anything. You can get something good out of just about any kind of music. I will say that I don't particularly care for the words in some songs though.

Heck our fight song at Madison is "Get Ready" by The Temptations (Love the uniqueness of that being our fight song). I'd enjoy it if our band would play at our basketball games and play that song during warm-ups. I haven't seen a band play at a high school basketball game though since I was in high school in Lampasas and the jazz band would play during warm-ups and halftime. I'd actually prefer that to there being a DJ at the game.

Phil C
01-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't care what music they play as long as it fires the team up and they win.

Bullaholic
01-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't care what music they play as long as it fires the team up and they win.

What are some of your rap and hip hop favorites, Phil?....:D

STANG RED
01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
A little tolerance never hurts anything. :)

I'll listen to pretty much any kind of music. I can listen to country, jazz, bluegrass, R&B, alternative, oldies, classical, etc...I'll listen to pretty much anything. You can get something good out of just about any kind of music. I will say that I don't particularly care for the words in some songs though.

Heck our fight song at Madison is "Get Ready" by The Temptations (Love the uniqueness of that being our fight song). I'd enjoy it if our band would play at our basketball games and play that song during warm-ups. I haven't seen a band play at a high school basketball game though since I was in high school in Lampasas and the jazz band would play during warm-ups and halftime. I'd actually prefer that to there being a DJ at the game.

I also listen to just about any kind of music, EXCEPT for rap. There is maybe 10% of rap that I have ever heard that I like. I just cant set thru the other 90% though to get to it. So much of it just has no redeeming quality to it whatsoever. And most of what I hear blasting out of the punk mobiles on the street is the extremely bad stuff. I simply do not choose or want to listen to it. I don’t play my music so load that those who may not like it, have to hear it anyway. I would just like the same courtesy.

And your right, "Get Ready" is a great fight song! The Temptations put out a lot of great music back in the day.

Matthew328
01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
The majority of most music now has no redeeming quality. It's just about entertainment and its about the kids, it's their time to shine so if they like it then deal with it and be a happy camper.

Emerson1
01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Eminem needs to get his new album out so there can be some decent rap out.

Farmersfan
01-09-2009, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Necks_Fan
We play rap music at our pre-games.... BUT, there are no words. Just beats.

If there is no words then would it be rap music? If you consider the term "Rap" refers to the vocals in the song.

Rap or RAP:

Rapping, genre of poetry and music in which rhyming lyrics are chanted, with or without musical accompaniment