PDA

View Full Version : Great Randolph Scott Western coming to the Encore Western Channel on 1-23-09!

Phil C
01-07-2009, 05:32 PM
It is 1954's Riding Shotgun and it is a great movie in color. In fact this channel is showing several of Randolph Scott's great westerns since this is on his birthday. This is one I somehow hadn't seen but fortunately I saw it last night and can let you know about it. It will be shown twice at 4:10 P.M. and 6:15 A.M.
Randolph Scott plays a stage guard who finds out an outlaw that killed his sister and nephew three years earlier during a robery plans to rob a town gambling hall. The sheriff and most men have been tricked out of town to trail them. Scott is mistaken for being one of the outlaws and there is the trouble trying to convince them of his innocence and prevent the robbery as well as to get his revenge. The movie is nicely narated by Scott's character and it works well and the movie is in beautiful color.

Other great actors in the movie include Wayne Morris (a real life WW2 hero) as the deputy left to watch over the town who uses common sense and believes Scott is innocent and tries to control the town from becoming a lynching mob. James Millican is very good as the leader of the outlaws and is the one Scott is after. He was the Wyatt Earp based character in the great movie Dawn at Socorro. A young Charles Bronson plays Pinto who is one of the outlaw gang members. Howard Morris is the silent one of the mob who is the man with the noose. Howard Morris was in many tv roles and his most notable one was in the 60s on The Andy Griffith Show when he played Ernest T. Bass.

A very good movie and should not be missed. Enjoy!

STANG RED
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Phil, is there a website one can go to, to find old movies and when and where they will be showing? There are lots of old great movies I havent seen in 25 or more years that I'd love to see again. Most I cant even remember the titles of though. I havent seen a good Errol Flynn movie in years. I'd buy a collection of his old movies if I could find them.

DDBooger
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Phil, is there a website one can go to, to find old movies and when and where they will be showing? There are lots of old great movies I havent seen in 25 or more years that I'd love to see again. Most I cant even remember the titles of though. I havent seen a good Errol Flynn movie in years. I'd buy a collection of his old movies if I could find them. you pulled his string:doh: !!

ask him about entertainment in South Padre and the Tour de France! :D

Phil C
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Phil, is there a website one can go to, to find old movies and when and where they will be showing? There are lots of old great movies I havent seen in 25 or more years that I'd love to see again. Most I cant even remember the titles of though. I havent seen a good Errol Flynn movie in years. I'd buy a collection of his old movies if I could find them.

Go to www.TCM.com and it will help. They have monthly schedules and dvds for sale. This channel is good about showing Errol Flynn movies fairly regularly too.

Phil C
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM

TCM is showing a couple of his movies this month. On 1-14-09 they are showing Gentleman Jim at 9:30 A.M. and on 1-23-08 they are showing the Western They Died with Their Boots On at 4:30 P.M.

IHStangFan
01-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
you pulled his string:doh: !!

ask him about entertainment in South Padre and the Tour de France! :D and UT volleyball, soccer, 3 legged blindfolded sack race and swimming and diving teams....