PDA

View Full Version : just got back from phoenix

IHS Fan
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
we got there on sunday night and found a sports bar about a block from the stadium. partied all night with a lot of UT folks.
monday we went to the worlds largest college tailgate party. there were about 15,000 people there. it was a good place to sit and eat and drink till game time. we left about 4:30 and walked across the parking lot to the stadium. walking around inside the stadium i heard several OSU people say to their friends "see, i told you the Texas girls were better looking." we had fantastic seats. this is a great stadium to see a game.
after the game it was time to go back to the bars and party the rest of the night with lots of people from UT and some from OSU.
we got back to austin about 11:30 last night and then i drove home this morning.
overall this trip was a 10++++++.

44INAROW
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
sounds like a great time :)

BreckTxLonghorn
01-07-2009, 03:40 PM
How were their fans overall? When they came to Austin a few years ago, they were all extremely nice and classy in the win. Of course, back in Columbus they had a riot! Always made me curious which group traveled to the bowl games.

IHS Fan
01-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
How were their fans overall? When they came to Austin a few years ago, they were all extremely nice and classy in the win. Of course, back in Columbus they had a riot! Always made me curious which group traveled to the bowl games.

the ohio people were great. easy to get along with and can take a joke.
my daughter made the comment that the people at the game were not the same people that show up during the season. i told her that the ones at this game are the ones that could afford the trip. the majority of the people there were not students but were ex-students. a lot of folks my age or older.

Phil C
01-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Glad you got to go and enjoy the trip! Thanks for sharing!

Ranger Mom
01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
No pictures????

IHS Fan
01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
my daughter has all the pictures. i'll have to see what she got so i can get her to e-mail the ones i want.