PDA

View Full Version : Question about tooth implants

PHS Wildcats
01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I have 2 teeth (one upper and one lower) in the back of my mouth that going to be pulled and I want to have an implant put in.

If anyone has had the procedure, were you happy with it, how much am I looking to spend and does dental insurance cover it?

Keith7
01-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I haven't had it done but I need it.. Dental insurance doesn't cover it and you are looking at a couple thousand bucks at least.. The nurse at my dentist had one of her front teeth implanted and looks very natural.. This is a much better route to go than getting a fixed bridge too because no other teeth will be messed with..

My recomendation would be to do it if you can afford it

SintonFan
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes, folks in East Texas will need implants cuz we all know you are too close to Louisiana.:nerd:
j/k

coach
01-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I have 2 teeth (one upper and one lower) in the back of my mouth that going to be pulled and I want to have an implant put in.

If anyone has had the procedure, were you happy with it, how much am I looking to spend and does dental insurance cover it?

you only have 2 teeth? lol jk

PPHSfan
01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by coach
you only have 2 teeth? lol jk

Two are all you need as long as they line up.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2009, 10:16 AM
My sister had her front two teeth replaced. My only word of advice...don't have the fake ones altered for cosmetic reasons. My sister wanted her front teeth a little shorter so they'd look prettier, and now she can't chew things in the front of her mouth.

waterboy
01-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yes, folks in East Texas will need implants cuz we all know you are too close to Louisiana.:nerd:
j/k
Heeeeyy!..........No worries here......I still have all 4 of my toofs!:D

ronwx5x
01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats

My wife had an implant a couple of years ago. She is happy with it now but it took quite a bit of extra adjustmenting by her dentist before it fit correctly. Our insurance (not sure about yours) covered half of it. It still cost us about $1500 for our half. You need to call your benefits department and get the benefits clarified.

Good luck.