PDA

View Full Version : As now a FORMER Broadcaster

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2009, 08:33 AM
I have to say that the broadcast crew of the fiesta bowl imo was TERRIBLE

no chemistry, seemed to miss alot of stuff

perfect example..after UT scores, OSU has 16 seconds and two time outs..Well UT celebrated to much and that put OSU with great field position...not ONE mention about the stupid penalty and how OSU still had a legit chance( and they really did).

just the whole game seemed off

Going back to chemistry..at times it seemed like the PbP and color guy were talking about different things..alot of dead air..I mean ALOT of dead air. They just did not seem to have any idea where the other was going when making a point.

NastySlot
01-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

perfect example..after UT scores, OSU has 16 seconds and two time outs..Well UT celebrated to much and that put OSU with great field position...not ONE mention about the stupid penalty and how OSU still had a legit chance( and they really did).

Going back to chemistry..at times it seemed like the PbP and color guy were talking about different things..alot of dead air..I mean ALOT of dead air. They just did not seem to have any idea where the other was going when making a point.

it was on fox....might explain a little

Sweetwater Red
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM

I agree. When Wells went down they didn't even notice it...let
alone mention anything about. The PbP guy sounded pro-Buckeye
from start to finish and this is from my neutral observation.

I didn't like they camera angles either. Some of them appeared
that they were filming from the nose bleed seats.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Terry, how come you're not a broadcaster anymore?

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I agree. When Wells went down they didn't even notice it...let
alone mention anything about. The PbP guy sounded pro-Buckeye
from start to finish and this is from my neutral observation.

Well as a broadcaster..They were "pro" OSU to an extent because they are the underdog, just makes for better broadcast if the underdog makes a game of it

and BBDE, i am going back to my first love and getting into teaching and coaching

Ranger Mom
01-06-2009, 11:19 AM

I agree! I left the room with the "big screen" and went and watched the 4th quarter in my bedroom on the 36" TV....I had a hard time seeing what was going on at times!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Well as a broadcaster..They were "pro" OSU to an extent because they are the underdog, just makes for better broadcast if the underdog makes a game of it

and BBDE, i am going back to my first love and getting into teaching and coaching

Oh, good, but I thought your first love had something to do with an adult film, a belt, twelve midget strippers, and an enema kit?

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Oh, good, but I thought your first love had something to do with an adult film, a belt, twelve midget strippers, and an enema kit?

no that is my first love with Grant

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:23 AM

Got it. Sorry for the confusion, I offer my most sincere and humble apologies.

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Got it. Sorry for the confusion, I offer my most sincere and humble apologies.

no worries

oh and dont forget we need you to be flogged tonight wearing the PINK leather..please dont wear the blue leather..it clashes with Grant's thong

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM

dude :1omg!: :fnypost:

DDBooger
no worries

oh and dont forget we need you to be flogged tonight wearing the PINK leather..please dont wear the blue leather..it clashes with Grant's thong
lmao
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/jota_07/gaydar.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
no worries

Well, if things go accordingly, I have something else that could clash with Grant's thong.

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 11:28 AM

Thank you! I thought I was sitting too far away from the tv HAHA and then realized that I should probably stop drinking! :D

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, if things go accordingly, I have something else that could clash with Grant's thong. :mad: This isn't funny anymore! If you don't behave you will leave me no choice, but to believe all the stories rockdale80 has shared! :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:mad: This isn't funny anymore! If you don't behave you will leave me no choice, but to believe all the stories rockdale80 has shared! :eek:

You know those posters I said I wanted to punch in the face at the 3ADL Party? You're one of them.

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 11:33 AM
You know those posters I said I wanted to punch in the face at the 3ADL Party? You're one of them. Yes, I know and it's because I know all your secrets! :devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes, I know and it's because I know all your secrets! :devil:

Says the person who mailed me a box of prophylactics because you feared both me reproducing and catching a venereal disease.

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Says the person who mailed me a box of prophylactics because you feared both me reproducing and catching a venereal disease. :lies: :1omg!:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:44 AM
:lies: :1omg!:

Okay, so maybe I made that up, but still. I wish girls would buy me condoms regularly though, but thus far in my life it has been rare. :(

Ranger Mom
01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
:lies: :1omg!:

LOL!! For some reason, I believed him! I could just see you doing that!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! For some reason, I believed him! I could just see you doing that!!

She hasn't, but I think she should. I welcome anyone who will mail me condoms. If anyone is willing I will PM you my address hahahahahaha.

nationalpastime
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
i agree with all of you about last night's game. overall i was disappointed with most of the broadcasters for the bowl games. i dunno sometimes it just felt like they were talking down to the audience.

Red&White_9x5
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
The best thing that will happen to making watching the BCS games a more enjoyable experience is when Fox no longer brodcasts them. I have yet to watch bowl game brodcasted by Fox that was good.

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! For some reason, I believed him! I could just see you doing that!! :o HAHAHA

GreenMonster
01-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I was rather perplexed on one perticular instance where the booth guys were talking about the adversity UT had gone through with the whole championship game BCS fiasca and then all the sudden the sideline chick from the Ohio State sideline jumped in to talk about the adversity the Ohio State seniors were dealing with about not being able to win the big game. It didn't fit in to the conversation at all. I was pretty displeased with the overall telecast. I'd never heard of either of the announcers and this was supposed to be a big game.

Balcones fault
01-06-2009, 04:45 PM
There were way too many commercials, IMO, especially during possession changes. 1@60 seconds is plenty. If not Fox, then what, Musburger? At least there was only one reference to the whole Colt and Jordan roomate business.

I like Craig Way's game calling but the timing is always screwed up with the TV broadcast. The post game interviews were good though.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Vasgersian sounded like a moron.

I remember SEVERAL plays where the yardage gained was not even close to what he said.

I remember one play, where Wells was stopped for about a 1/2 yd loss. Vasgersian comes on the mic and says "Wells is going to get about 2 yds on the play."

Also, one play..... WR was open down sideline..... McCoy makes bad throw... WR goes out of bounds. Incomplete pass.

Vasgersian says "Great coverage."

I LMAO when the other guy corrected him by saying the corner was beat and it was just a bad pass.

I'm like "What is he talking about.....?" He was WAY off all night. And it happened a bunch of times.

He just didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about.

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 06:21 PM
This is why I love my DVR. I started watching the game at 9:30 last night and I caught up to it live right as UT scored the winning touchdown. Sounds like I made a good call.:)

mac77
01-06-2009, 07:19 PM

Did yall notice how loud the band and those never-ending drums were? It was really annoying. It seemed like every time there was a break in action, they turned up the volume on the band. It was awful!

BreckTxLonghorn
01-06-2009, 07:30 PM

I don't mind Vasgersian when he announces baseball; actually kind of like hearing him do a game.

However, I definitely feel that a) he's not a football guy and b) Fox jammed these two together and they've never really worked with each other. Just a poor game call all around - I put it all on Fox for not having any games during the year and then expecting a crew to work well for one game.

RanchRadio
01-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
it was on fox....might explain a little

Not only was in on Fox, but Play by Play was Matt Vasgersian. WHY? could they not get anyone better?

Chris Rose, who is just as bad as Vasgersian--if not worse, wasn't helping anything either.

RanchRadio
01-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Vasgersian sounded like a moron.

I remember SEVERAL plays where the yardage gained was not even close to what he said.

I remember one play, where Wells was stopped for about a 1/2 yd loss. Vasgersian comes on the mic and says "Wells is going to get about 2 yds on the play."

Also, one play..... WR was open down sideline..... McCoy makes bad throw... WR goes out of bounds. Incomplete pass.

Vasgersian says "Great coverage."

I LMAO when the other guy corrected him by saying the corner was beat and it was just a bad pass.

I'm like "What is he talking about.....?" He was WAY off all night. And it happened a bunch of times.

He just didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about.

There was another one, on UT's last drive when a OSU DB dove and almost made a spectacular interception and Vasgersian said, "McCoy's lucky, because that ball could have EASILY picked that off" what an idiot

WylieBulldog92
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I remember one time Terrell Pryor was far beyond the first down sticks (3 or 4 yards) and they said he is just short? WTH!?

skins4life
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I don't mind Vasgersian when he announces baseball; actually kind of like hearing him do a game.

However, I definitely feel that a) he's not a football guy and b) Fox jammed these two together and they've never really worked with each other. Just a poor game call all around - I put it all on Fox for not having any games during the year and then expecting a crew to work well for one game.

That's what I thought all night. How could Fox, knowing they had this game in a prime time slot pick these two men to call the game?? I would have rather listened to Dan and Brent. That way I could hear Dan say " Shut-up Brent" the way he did in "The Waterboy" LOL