PDA

View Full Version : USC is not the only team that is complaining...

coach
01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
everyone is complaing about USC claiming another title. I opened up the DMN today and on the front page read...Longhorns cling to hope for title.....and it talks about a long shot that texas can still have a shot at a share at a title...lol i think its funny that they all complain about usc when texas is doing the same thing

Pick6
01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Here's the link, where's the complaining at (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/010509dnspocarlton.31e8152.html)

NastySlot
01-05-2009, 05:49 PM
yeah and they also like to talk about usc being overrated and a media darling.... usc is pretty dang good and might just be the best team right now.

coach
01-05-2009, 05:50 PM
i probably shouldnt have said complaining what i should have said they arent the only team trying to get a natl championship thats not in the actual game sorry poor choice of words

kepdawg
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Who is "everyone" and "they all?"

JR2004
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
yeah and they also like to talk about usc being overrated and a media darling.... usc is pretty dang good and might just be the best team right now.

USC is really, really good. Even though BSPN is in love with them I still think they have the most talented team in the country.

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Need a playoff. I say Utah should be #1 -- only undefeated team and spanked Alabama -- an SEC team that held #1 for most all of the end of the regular season.

Utah, Texas, Oklahoma or Florida, and USC can all complain as they have a right to in my opinion. I know I'm preaching to the choir here in the downlow though. One day we will get one.

NastySlot
01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

the people complaining??????

gatordaze
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Need a playoff. I say Utah should be #1 -- only undefeated team and spanked Alabama -- an SEC team that held #1 for most all of the end of the regular season.

Utah, Texas, Oklahoma or Florida, and USC can all complain as they have a right to in my opinion. I know I'm preaching to the choir here in the downlow though. One day we will get one.

Really does not matter. The BCS trophy and the inscription in the record book will say OU or UF. There is no such thing as a share of the title as all teams start the season playing for the BCS National Championship. We should annoint Texas the 3ADownlow National Champions. I am sure that neither Florida or OU will mind at all. Nor should they care if a bunch of sports writers want to claim something different. The game is the BCS National Championship all else is irrellivant.

pirate4state
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
:blahblah:

Orange Defense
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

You know.... "Them" and "They"...:D

Orange Defense
01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Really does not matter. The BCS trophy and the inscription in the record book will say OU or UF. There is no such thing as a share of the title as all teams start the season playing for the BCS National Championship. We should annoint Texas the 3ADownlow National Champions. I am sure that neither Florida or OU will mind at all. Nor should they care if a bunch of sports writers want to claim something different. The game is the BCS National Championship all else is irrellivant.

Florida Gators.... Right Daze...:D :taunt:

Orange Defense
01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

U left out one of the top 2 teams in the Nation.... TTech...:taunt:

gatordaze
01-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Florida Gators.... Right Daze...:D :taunt:

After watching UT struggle last night against nOSU I think so!

Pmoney
01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze

I agree...I mean I wish Texas was in the Nat. Championship but they aren't so they cant be Nat. Champions...USC did not win the Nat. Championship in 2003; LSU did because they played in the Nat. Championship game...so OU or Florida will be this yrs national champion...not UT; not USC; and not Utah

JR2004
01-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I never really had a big problem with USC claiming an AP National Title. I wouldn't have a problem either if the AP gives it to Utah this year.

LionKing
01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
The AP should give the title to the team that wins the BCS, if not, then split it between Utah and the rest of the one-loss teams, easy enough.