PDA

View Full Version : Why I think the MWC should not be in the BCS.

carter08
01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
MWC deserves to be a BCS Conference, but it should not happen. Imagine the chaos.

First, you would have to add another BCS Bowl to make it fair. Unless you erase the automatic non BCS bid. That would basically put an end to mid-majors breaking in.

Do you move the Big East out of the BCS? Those schools are much more profitable than Wyoming or San Diego State.

Recruiting becomes a problem then. If the Big East is gone, all the top recruits on the east coast will end up going to the ACC or SEC. It would bring the ACC back up to competitive levels, but might make the SEC a little too good. Big 12 and Pac 10 would start losing recruits to MWC teams, since players would get more playing time and still have a shot at a BCS berth. With the Pac 10 and Big 12 down and the SEC up, we would see SEC dominance in the BCS. The Big 10 would probably not be affected too much.

What would this mean for other conferences? Pac 10 would expand to try and keep competitive, bringing in Boise State and Fresno State. MWC will try and drop weaker teams and bring in replacements. I could see them raiding CUSA, bring in Houston and UTEP or teams like that. A BCS team in Houston would weaken teams like Texas and Texas A&M who rely on Houston area recruits.

ACC will raid east coast CUSA teams to try and get competitive enough to rejoin the BCS. Eventually, CUSA collapses. Eastern teams split between ACC, Big East, and SEC. West teams that don't join the MWC would end up downgrading the the WAC, who need to replace Boise and Fresno. Rice joins the Big 12, replacing Iowa State who joins the Big 10.

The MWC may deserve an automatic BCS berth, but in the long run it may not be a good idea.

Necks_Fan
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
What?:eek:

carter08
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
What?:eek:

It made sense when I wrote it.

Lol.

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by carter08
It made sense when I wrote it.

Lol.
were you high

carter08
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
were you high

I think I took too much cold medicine.

sahen
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
first of all what is wrong w/ more competition being equally spread across the leagues...

second, a major flaw...you take the big east out of the BCS equation then it helps the Big 10/ACC/Notre Dame more than anyone else....Big East and Big 10/ACC/Notre Dame fight for a lot of teh same recruits....the exceptions are Louisville and South Florida (SEC country), all the rest of the teams are basically North East (Big 10/Notre Dame country) with the exception of West Virginia (ACC country)....

assuming the expansion and such of the other conferences is too much, no one would know what would happen but if conferences became and kept their BCS status based on their merits then the Big East would be dropped for the MWC IF they continued their current rates of success for the next couple years....i say "IF" because the MWC has looked great over the past 5 years compared to the Big East, but i think a conference would have to show dominance over another for 10 or so years if that were to happen....however it doesnt matter, Big East = North East TV markets and more $$$$...everyone knows that is what matters...

hawkfan
01-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by carter08
First, you would have to add another BCS Bowl to make it fair. .

Me and my AD were talking yesterday and we both believe since the COtton Bowl is going to Jerry's new palace that he has enough pull and enough $$$ to get the Cotton Bowl made into a BCS Bowl. So there is your Bowl. And I also think the MWC should get an automatic bid.

Astrosdawg07
01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I believe we should get rid of the automatic bids.

WylieBulldog92
01-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I believe we should get rid of the automatic bids.
You know what that does sound like a good idea, I never heard who even won the Orange Bowl until today, and you know why? Nobody gave a crap to watch to mid top-25 teams that are only ranked that high because they won their conferences.

forum_guy
01-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
You know what that does sound like a good idea, I never heard who even won the Orange Bowl until today, and you know why? Nobody gave a crap to watch to mid top-25 teams that are only ranked that high because they won their conferences. u must just be one of those people that just watch ut and have no clue what else is goin on then

WylieBulldog92
01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
u must just be one of those people that just watch ut and have no clue what else is goin on then
You must suck at assuming things because I hardly follow UT being an A&M fan.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
You must suck at assuming things because I hardly follow UT being an A&M fan. Lol. Nice!

forum_guy
01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
You must suck at assuming things because I hardly follow UT being an A&M fan. that explains everything it must be hard to watch football then lol

WylieBulldog92
01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
that explains everything it must be hard to watch football then lol
Your ignorance is easy to explain. You have yet to submit any thoughts about the subject but yet continue to bash without posting your thoughts.

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Your ignorance is easy to explain. You have yet to submit any thoughts about the subject but yet continue to bash without posting your thoughts. you're assuming he has any? he pegged you for a UT fan (which was hilarious) but using his methodology, he seems like a disgruntled person who hates UT because so many like them. Let him stew and believe what he wants, he's watching them play, likely not his favorite team.

....lemme guess, OU FAN? lol

forum_guy
01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
no i just wish there really was a playoff so ut and their fans would get thrown off their high horse

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
no i just wish there really was a playoff so ut and their fans would get thrown off their high horse
PRECISELY!

Originally posted by DDBooger
he seems like a disgruntled person who hates UT because so many like them.
:clap:

forum_guy
01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
it gets old hearing some of the things ignorant ut fans post on here lol sorry

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
it gets old hearing some of the things ignorant ut fans post on here lol sorry i've seen ignorance from Tech fans and A&M fans, difference being UT was still playing, did better and obviously has more fans, undoubtedly lots of bandwagoners. Personally, I'm pro Texas(state), I was cheering for Tech(until they started acting like idiots at the end of the game), TCU and Houston. I agree people say stupid things, but I also see some good points.