PDA

View Full Version : The AFC's Most Dominant Offensive Team.

carter08
01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
AFC Leaders in Total Yards from Scrimmage.

1) Steve Slaton (HOU)- 1659
2) Andre Johnson (HOU)- 1575

If the Texans get a defense by next season, they will make the playoffs.

Pick6
01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
You're basing next year's team on this year's stats. Not smart, Dallas's O was awesome last year. One would think good enough to make the playoffs this year :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Also, yards don't always tell a story. Drew Brees nearly set an NFL record for passing yardage this year, and where did that get him?

Stats are easier to come by when your team trails a lot of the time...not trying to belittle the Texans in this instance at all, but it's the truth.

Necks_Fan
01-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Texans were near the top in offense.

If they can improve their secondary a little, they could win their division.

Diocletian
01-05-2009, 08:27 PM
That division is way too tough, they only make the playoffs if some other teams have some huge injury.

This is my opinion, of course, I could be wrong. I doubt it though.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Texans were near the top in offense.

If they can improve their secondary a little, they could win their division. The Texans were nearly as good as both Tenn and Indy even with a poor secondary.

If they improve it, and win when they should.... they could take the division.

JMO.

WylieBulldog92
01-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Stats are easier to come by when your team trails a lot of the time...not trying to belittle the Texans in this instance at all, but it's the truth.
So they ran the ball with Steve Slaton?

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Stats are easier to come by when your team trails a lot of the time...not trying to belittle the Texans in this instance at all, but it's the truth. What are you talking about?

I don't recall the Texans getting a ton of yards by being in the hole alot.

I seem to remember them near the top of the NFL in total yardage nearly all season.

I know there are garbage yards and TD's sometimes, but c'mon. Give credit where credit is due.

carter08
01-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Texans were Number 3 in Total Offense.

They fired DC Richard Smith, and the rumor is that they bring in Jerry Gray from the Redskins. 'Skins were 7th in League against the pass last year, which was Houston's weak point.

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Texans were Number 3 in Total Offense.
Just in case you haven't thought of it, being high in offensive production doesn't necessarily win games. :p

themsu97
01-06-2009, 08:34 AM
the Texans need to learn, mainly Kubiak, how to win close games...
the problem is that they are in a very tough division and the AFC is very tough...

even if the Texans beat Indianapolis at home, the game that Rosenfels gave away, and they show up and beat the Raiders, who looked pretty good against Tampa, they were 10-6 and still not in the playoffs... that is pretty scary...

they have vastly improved, they need a good free agent pickup as either a #2 receiver and/or another pass rush threat, but they need some oline help still...

then they work on the other needs in the draft

Red&White_9x5
01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I think these are the Texans needs in order of importance:
1. Secondary
2. O- Line
3. DT

They have a bunck of talent at the skilled positions on offense, they do need to be able to pass block better up front. Defensively if they could strengthen their secondary they will be much improved and challange for a play-off spot and possibly a division title. As mentioned bu others, they also have to learn how to not only win the close games, but beat the people they should beat. There is no excuse in losing to the Raiders and as long as this trend continues the Texans will only play 16 games a year

Bull Butter
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
The Texans, despite being #3 in total yardage were awful inside the Red Zone.

They ranked 26th in the league in Red Zone effiency. They also ranked 29th in turnover ratio with a -10.

That, combined with a suspect defense and playing in a tough division equals 8-8:(