PDA

View Full Version : District 26 3A Basketball!!

IHStangFan
01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
The district is looking pretty decent at the top so far this season. (These stats are according to the Houston Chronicle)

Sweeny: 13-0
Needville: 10-1
Stafford: 15-3
West Columbia: 4-6
Wharton: 5-10
Brookshire-Royal: 2-8

I look forward to getting to a couple of games in the next few weeks.

GO JAYS!!

IHStangFan
01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
It appears that Needville's only loss came to Brazoswood by 3 points.

2008-09 Needville Blue Jays (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&Season=2008&tpl=Team&TeamID=884&SearchType=Teams&Sport=6&DistrictID=125)

SintonFan_inAustin
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The district is looking pretty decent at the top so far this season. (These stats are according to the Houston Chronicle)

Sweeny: 13-0
Needville: 10-1
Stafford: 15-3
West Columbia: 4-6
Wharton: 5-10
Brookshire-Royal: 2-8

I look forward to getting to a couple of games in the next few weeks.

GO JAYS!! Sweeny went 1-3 in Calallen Tourney. They have a good size post player and should be a contender for a spot in the Regional tourney in Kingsville.

Necks_Fan
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Brazoswood isn't that good. WC barely lost to them as well.

Stafford and Sweeny are legit.

Stafford beat WC 94-39! :eek: :doh:

WC has played some tough teams, but it'll be a struggle to get in to the playoffs. Looks like Nerdville, Sweeny, and Stafford if I was a betting man.

neck_06
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
columbia is 9-9

STAggie
01-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I watched Needville play in the Sealy Tourny and they are going to sneak up on some teams. Very well coached and play a very controlled game which I believe will give teams in this district fits. I watched Royal play Sealy and if they could get it together they would be a really good team. They have the atheletes and the players but they have no kind of team ball and its pure run and gun and they get themselves into trouble playing this way.

IHStangFan
01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I watched Needville play in the Sealy Tourny and they are going to sneak up on some teams. Very well coached and play a very controlled game which I believe will give teams in this district fits. I watched Royal play Sealy and if they could get it together they would be a really good team. They have the atheletes and the players but they have no kind of team ball and its pure run and gun and they get themselves into trouble playing this way. that seems to be a theme w/ Royal. They ALWAYS seem to have athletes in ALL sports...specially football and basketball.......and it's usually the same story...."if they could get it together". They have VERY nice facilities up there and a HUGE school. I believe you're right....if BR could ever put together a TEAM...they'd be dangerous in ALL sports.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 04:09 PM
They have VERY nice facilities up there and a HUGE school. Did they build a new school?

Cuz the gym we were in was TINY and the school was by no means HUGE.:thinking:

BUT, BR does always have the athletes in every sport.

Some tried to argue, but it's obvious. They always have the most raw talent in the area, but can never put it together.

Lack of coaching/belief/fundamentals.

We would LOVE to have their talent. Lol.

STAggie
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Did they build a new school?

Cuz the gym we were in was TINY and the school was by no means HUGE.:thinking:

BUT, BR does always have the athletes in every sport.

Some tried to argue, but it's obvious. They always have the most raw talent in the area, but can never put it together.

Lack of coaching/belief/fundamentals.

We would LOVE to have their talent. Lol.

Watch out for their football team next year, as the coaching staff will be in its second year and have everybody on the same page from day one. As far a facilities they are currently building a new school which I think will be ready by next school year and it is going to be very very nice. My grandpa used to take me to almost every Royal home basketball game back in the mid-90's, when he was alive, and they had some teams those years. I wish they could get back on track as that area has always kinda felt like a second home to me.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Watch out for their football team next year, as the coaching staff will be in its second year and have everybody on the same page from day one. As far a facilities they are currently building a new school which I think will be ready by next school year and it is going to be very very nice. My grandpa used to take me to almost every Royal home basketball game back in the mid-90's, when he was alive, and they had some teams those years. I wish they could get back on track as that area has always kinda felt like a second home to me. Yep. Royal showed some signs of being able to play some fundamental Football this year.

Still got work to do, but they had improved. Will be interesting because you can bet your life they will hae the athletes again.

So they are getting a new school?

And IDK what IHStangFan is talking about, but that Gym is SMALL.

IHStangFan
01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Yep. Royal showed some signs of being able to play some fundamental Football this year.

Still got work to do, but they had improved. Will be interesting because you can bet your life they will hae the athletes again.

So they are getting a new school?

And IDK what IHStangFan is talking about, but that Gym is SMALL. I'm talking about all of the new buildings I see going up (New School)....so let me rephrase....."they're gonna have some nice facilities"

STAggie
01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm talking about all of the new buildings I see going up (New School)....so let me rephrase....."they're gonna have some nice facilities"

Exactly they new facilities are very nice and it is going to be great to go watch games in a new gym. The current one is old and the bleachers are a death trap.

astrofan
01-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Royal has NO baseball athletes

IHStangFan
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by astrofan
Royal has NO baseball athletes Okay...I'll grant you that, LOL. :D