PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Lands 11 on THSCA Academic All State Team

Budman007
01-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Congratulations to the following 11 young men from the Bridgeport Bulls Football team for being named to the THSCA 2008-09 Academic All-State team:

John Arrington
Mike Garcia
Cameron Green
CJ Hale
Corey Henson
Will Horner
Jared Hudson
Dustin Krebs
Juan Pantoja
Stewart Price
Collin White

Good luck to all these outstanding Seniors and best wishes in the future. We are very proud of all you.

http://coach.thsca.com/Academic.asp

STANG RED
01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Congrates to all those young men and their families. They obviously know how to keep their priorities in order.

pancho villa
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Little Pancho made the academic all state team. Takes after his old man.

Ranger Mom
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I might as well honor the Greenwood kids that made it here too!

Zach Benton
Josh Cook
Brandt Cox
Layton Cox
Clint Dye
Justin Dye
Caden Farrow
Blake McColloch
Dax Riley
Kelby Winn

Bullaholic
01-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Congrats to all the kids on all of the teams for making Academic All-State---as much as I love HS sports, I still contend that the primary purpose of our educational system is to provide our kids the opportunity for an education, and I am extremely proud of those students who go above and beyond in their quest for knowledge and academic excellence.

NastySlot
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Congrats to these Billies

Phillip Braden
Dakota Clark
Aaron Hardin
Sam Henke
Andrew Hill
Caleb McCrea
Josh Mohon
Cress Netherland
Josh Studebaker
Josh Vogel
Lincoln Welch

Dieselsmoke
01-05-2009, 06:35 PM
My son made several all district/all metro teams but his coaches didn't submit his or any of the other players for this accolade, he has worked hard to keep his grades in the top of his class. It's a shame his coaches don't take the time to reward their efforts!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

pancho villa
01-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Congrats to these Roughnecks

Christian Gerbich
Soren Guenther
Taylor Lane
Dexter Lewis

jockcity33
01-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I went to the link provided and looked at all the classifications. I noticed that some kids had 1st team, 2nd team, and some even honorable mention, but some kids had an E by their name, can anyone tell me what the E stands for?

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
I went to the link provided and looked at all the classifications. I noticed that some kids had 1st team, 2nd team, and some even honorable mention, but some kids had an E by their name, can anyone tell me what the E stands for?
Elite

(Just don't ask me what determines an elite student because I have no clue.)

jockcity33
01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Elite

(Just don't ask me what determines an elite student because I have no clue.)

So which is better 1st team or Elite?

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
:clap: Congrats to the Sinton brainiacs:

Justin Marburger
Richard Orta
Mark Pustejoksvy*
Ram Sanchez
Justin Tijerina

*I'm pretty sure Mark is either 1st or 2nd in his class and probably the reason for his "elite" status.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Budman007
Congratulations to the following 11 young men from the Bridgeport Bulls Football team for being named to the THSCA 2008-09 Academic All-State team:

John Arrington
Mike Garcia
Cameron Green
CJ Hale
Corey Henson
Will Horner
Jared Hudson
Dustin Krebs
Juan Pantoja
Stewart Price
Collin White

Good luck to all these outstanding Seniors and best wishes in the future. We are very proud of all you.

http://coach.thsca.com/Academic.asp

From what I've been told, Bridgeport coaches pressured the teachers into giving the students who played football higher grades than were actually earned, not only to maintain eligibility, but also for this reason. I think it's really disappointing to hear that about a school and the administration.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
From what I've been told, Bridgeport coaches pressured the teachers into giving the students who played football higher grades than were actually earned, not only to maintain eligibility, but also for this reason. I think it's really disappointing to hear that about a school and the administration.

I know people are going to look at this in an angry manner, so I'm going to go ahead and make the disclaimer that it was in fact just a joke and these kids should be praised for all of their hard work and dedication both on the field and in the classroom. That is all.

wtfootball
01-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Elite is top of the heap, then of course 1st team, 2nd team etc. To make any of it is outstanding, I think you have to maintain a 94 or above all four years.
Monahans Loboes:
Sean Brittain
Daniel French
Tim Fuentes
Ryan Layman (Captain)
Blake McDaniel (Captain)
Riley Munoz
Michael Ortiz
Christian Poyner
Riley Price (Captain)
David Rose
Tyler Watson

Hey Bridgeport, it's 11 to 11, let's take it to OT, one more time!

eagles_victory
01-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Good to see Fairfields Daniel Wilson on the team Im sure his family and brothers some of which post on this board will be very proud.

BullsFan
01-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I know people are going to look at this in an angry manner, so I'm going to go ahead and make the disclaimer that it was in fact just a joke and these kids should be praised for all of their hard work and dedication both on the field and in the classroom. That is all.

Glad you added the disclaimer. As someone with firsthand knowledge of the outstanding academic accomplishments of several of these young men, I was about to take up arms and go in guns a-blazin'. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Glad you added the disclaimer. As someone with firsthand knowledge of the outstanding academic accomplishments of several of these young men, I was about to take up arms and go in guns a-blazin'. :D

Well, I thought that if I had to tell people that I wasn't being serious then they just didn't get it and they were stupid, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this wasn't really something to joke about without adding a disclaimer. There are some proud parents out there and I could see how they could interpret what I was saying as sincere and deem it to be disrespectful, so I thought I would add that nice little addition to clear up any confusion. ;)

MamaBull
01-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Elite is top of the heap, then of course 1st team, 2nd team etc. To make any of it is outstanding, I think you have to maintain a 94 or above all four years. Monahans Loboes: Sean Brittain Daniel French Tim Fuentes Ryan Layman (Captain) Blake McDaniel (Captain) Riley Munoz Michael Ortiz Christian Poyner Riley Price (Captain) David Rose Tyler Watson Hey Bridgeport, it's 11 to 11, let's take it to OT, one more time!

so what...ya'll can choke again?