PDA

View Full Version : One more reason to be glad we live in Texas

Bull Butter
01-04-2009, 10:24 PM
As if we didn't need any more reasons............

HIGH TEMPERATURES IN FAIRBANKS, AK FOR THE PAST WEEK..........

Today...........-36
Saturday......-37
Friday...........-26
Thursday......-23 (heat wave)
Wednesday...-37
Tuesday.........-35
Monday.........-30

Normal High temp this time of year in Fairbanks is around 0.

Low temps have been around -50:eek:

waterboy
01-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrr! Now THAT'S cold! So much for the global warming theory.:D

Phil C
01-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Due to comments on the link which is unfortunate I can't post it here but go to You Tube and on search do Springtime in Alaska Johnny Horton and enjoy a great song.

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Due to comments on the link which is unfortunate I can't post it here but go to You Tube and on search do Springtime in Alaska Johnny Horton and enjoy a great song.
:mad:

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Brrrrrrrrrrr! Now THAT'S cold! So much for the global warming theory.:D thats as dumb as saying its 110 degrees today, that proves global warming!

waterboy
01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
thats as dumb as saying its 110 degrees today, that proves global warming!
:eek: :confused: Whaaaaaa? A little sensitive.......ay? That's about as dumb as you not getting the joke.......

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
:eek: :confused: Whaaaaaa? A little sensitive.......ay? That's about as dumb as you not getting the joke....... thats about as dumb as thinking a joke said repeatedly is getting funnier! :eek: :D:p

waterboy
01-05-2009, 01:40 PM
thats about as dumb as thinking a joke said repeatedly is getting funnier! :eek: :D
That's about as dumb as someone thinking that just because a joke is said repeatedly it is not funny anymore!:D

Okay, I just find it mildly amusing.:D

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 01:42 PM
That's about as dumb as someone thinking that just because a joke is said repeatedly it is not funny anymore!:D

Okay, I just find it mildly amusing.:D and thats just, just, just
:p

waterboy
01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
and thats just, just, just
:p
.....just, just, just,...........so many people got all bent sideways about that thread I just thought I'd throw it out there and see who would take the bait...........:tongue: ...............:D It's such a slow day.....:(

STANG RED
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
It was 25 when I left Sweetwater at 8 yesterday morning heading for Nebraska. It was 9 here in Nebraska this morning, and hasnt warmed up much yet. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I had a case of 20 oz water bottles in the bed of my truck. Now there all frozen solid and swelled up.

waterboy
01-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
It was 25 when I left Sweetwater at 8 yesterday morning heading for Nebraska. It was 9 here in Nebraska this morning, and hasnt warmed up much yet. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I had a case of 20 oz water bottles in the bed of my truck. Now there all frozen solid and swelled up.
Dang it! 9 degrees? While you're up there you can go ahead and send some snow down to East Texas. My 8-year-old daughter has never seen a good snow.........at least one she can remember. The snow has missed us where I live, except for that little 2 inches last year that melted in less than 2 hours.

waterboy
01-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
It was 82 here on saturday and was 29 at 6 am this morning. Now it's a balmy 32
Are you still in the woods outside Mayberry, NC? It was only about 42 at my house this morning.

STANG RED
01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Dang it! 9 degrees? While you're up there you can go ahead and send some snow down to East Texas. My 8-year-old daughter has never seen a good snow.........at least one she can remember. The snow has missed us where I live, except for that little 2 inches last year that melted in less than 2 hours.

The only snow up here right now is the big piles they pushed up out of the streets and parking lots last week, and its all just frozen mounds of dirty ice now. I'm just hoping more snow holds off till I can get back to Texas in a couple weeks. It's almost a 12 hour drive in perfect weather conditions. I'd hate to have to drive it when the roads are slick with ice and snow.