PDA

View Full Version : UT/ OSU Fiesta Bowl

Necks_Fan
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Tomorrow, correct?

Why are we not discussing?

I think UT takes it by 3 TD's...... but still.

maestro
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
houston chronicle article this am...

sure made ohio state seem unbeatable......offensively...

should be a good one..

blowfish
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I think UT takes it by 3 TD's...... but still.

Are you giving 3 touchdowns and for how much?

JasperDog94
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Are you giving 3 touchdowns and for how much? I'm a Texas fan but not I wouldn't take that bet. They just might beat them that badly, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Emerson1
01-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I think Texas fans are giving OSU more of a chance than their own fans are.

waterboy
01-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Tonight's game could go a long way toward Texas' claim to a national championship. If they beat Ohio State by a wide margin, and Oklahoma beats Florida Thursday, look out! IF that happens, the Longhorns could have a legitimate claim for the NC by virtue of their win over the Sooners earlier this year. Of course, you could also make a case for Utah, among others. That is why they definitely need a playoff system for college football.:D

Emerson1
01-05-2009, 12:03 PM
AP should give it to either Utah or Texas in that case just because.

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 12:08 PM
The performances by Utah, Boise St, and TCU should really force the hand of the BCS to include these teams for a chance at a national title, it's like tossing them a bit of steak will keep em quiet, but Utah beating a really good team from the SEC is impressive.

blowfish
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I dont think any Ohio State fans think we are going to lose this game! We only lose to SEC teams in Bowl games. Matter of fact I might be mistaken but I think my Buckeyes are undefeated against the Big 12 in Bowl games.

pirate4state
01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm betting on a close game. A lot closer than some of you would like, but I think Texas still wins. :)

cshscougar08
01-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm betting on a close game. A lot closer than some of you would like, but I think Texas still wins. :)

I'm thinking the same thing. The OSU defense isn't exactly a pushover. I think it will take awhile for Texas to get going. But they will win in the end.

sahen
01-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
The performances by Utah, Boise St, and TCU should really force the hand of the BCS to include these teams for a chance at a national title, it's like tossing them a bit of steak will keep em quiet, but Utah beating a really good team from the SEC is impressive.

the Moutain West Champion is more and more making a better case for being a BCS conference than the Big East....if the BCS wants to survive they may want to think about including them into the mix however it is going to take more than just Utah winning BCS games...their conference has good teams (Utah, BYU, TCU) but most are still very weak, in order for them to become a BCS conference they will have to make themselves appear head and shoulders above the weaker BCS conference (Big East at this time in my opinion)....right now most people know the MWC has better teams in it the last couple years but the question is can they maintain that over a period of say 10 years? and if those teams cant maintain that level then can another come up and take their place where there is always a BCS worthy team in that conference? this is really the mark of a good conference....it may not be fair to require that but in order to unseat a BCS conference and take their spot they would hav eto prove they can do something that conference cannot do, and right nwo the Big East is the conference that can't do that...

on a side note, if this year isnt the poster year for the need for a playoff then i dont know what will be....at this time there are several teams that have a right to the championship, Florida/Oklahoma, Utah, USC, and Texas could all beat each other on any saturday....

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by sahen
the Moutain West Champion is more and more making a better case for being a BCS conference than the Big East....if the BCS wants to survive they may want to think about including them into the mix however it is going to take more than just Utah winning BCS games...their conference has good teams (Utah, BYU, TCU) but most are still very weak, in order for them to become a BCS conference they will have to make themselves appear head and shoulders above the weaker BCS conference (Big East at this time in my opinion)....right now most people know the MWC has better teams in it the last couple years but the question is can they maintain that over a period of say 10 years? and if those teams cant maintain that level then a team like say Nevada come up and take their place where there is always a BCS worthy team in that conference....it may not be fair to require that but in order to unseat a BCS conference and take their spot they would hav eto prove they can do something that conference cannot do, and right nwo the Big East is the conference that can't do that...

on a side note, if this year isnt the poster year for the need for a playoff then i dont know what will be....at this time there are several teams that have a right to the championship, Florida/Oklahoma, Utah, USC, and Texas could all beat each other on any saturday.... i'd toss the big ten in there with Big East. OSU travels well, otherwise Boise St or TCU deserved their spot.

sahen
01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
i'd toss the big ten in there with Big East. OSU travels well, otherwise Boise St or TCU deserved their spot.

the Big 10 was down this year but you cant make an argument that they have been down for a long time....the only conference that hasnt been up to par over the history of the BCS is the Big East after the ACC raided them and took away all their decent football schools and left them with only basketball schools....im talking about completely replacing a conference with the Moutain West Conference for the BCS auto bid in the future (in other words the MWC taking the Big East autobid)....TCU lost twice this year so i wouldnt say they deserve a BCS bid especially considering their schedule versus Ohio State, however Boise State being undefeated probably deserved it moreso than Ohio State...and yes i know TCU beat Boise State but they pick the bowl games in early december, if TCU had beaten a ranked team other than BYU during the year then they'd have an argument against Ohio State....of course now in hindsight since TCU beat Boise State then they are the better team but in the future they are going to have to find a way to prove it before the last week of december if they want to be playing in January....

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by sahen
the Big 10 was down this year but you cant make an argument that they have been down for a long time....the only conference that hasnt been up to par over the history of the BCS is the Big East after the ACC raided them and took away all their decent football schools and left them with only basketball schools....im talking about completely replacing a conference with the Moutain West Conference for the BCS auto bid in the future (in other words the MWC taking the Big East autobid)....TCU lost twice this year so i wouldnt say they deserve a BCS bid especially considering their schedule versus Ohio State, however Boise State being undefeated probably deserved it moreso than Ohio State...and yes i know TCU beat Boise State but they pick the bowl games in early december, if TCU had beaten a ranked team other than BYU during the year then they'd have an argument against Ohio State....of course now in hindsight since TCU won then they are the better team but in the future they are going to have to find a way to prove it before the last week of december.... big 10 has been pretty dismal in the BCS...and I understand what you are saying about TCU, but their only losses were to a team in the NC and Utah. Not bad! That being said, Ohio St is dangerous, less expectation, people feel they don't belong there, does Texas feel the same way, but belong in the NC. could have a 'Bama like letdown.

kepdawg
01-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Does anybody else think Texas will lose?

pirate4state
01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Does anybody else think Texas will lose? I do.

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I think they can lose. especially in a situation where they feel they belong somewhere else. seems to happen.

waterboy
01-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Does anybody else think Texas will lose?
It's definitely worrisome. Yes, they could lose. Whether they will or not, who knows? Being a homer, I'll definitely be pulling for the Longhorns, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost.:(

cshscougar08
01-05-2009, 05:56 PM
I think they can lose. especially in a situation where they feel they belong somewhere else. seems to happen.

I totally agree with this. You see it a lot. Teams feeling slighted tend to get beat up by the team that's just plain happy to be there. It's gonna be a war tonight.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I totally agree with this. You see it a lot. Teams feeling slighted tend to get beat up by the team that's just plain happy to be there. It's gonna be a war tonight.

Mack's teams are known for this, too. (See: Holiday Bowl 2004). Word around town, however, is that Mack is fully aware of this, and they've been pretty hard on the team to focus. We'll see though.

Texas can absolutely lose this game. They shouldn't, in my opinion, but it's definitely possible.

Either way, Hook'em!

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Mack's teams are known for this, too. (See: Holiday Bowl 2004). Word around town, however, is that Mack is fully aware of this, and they've been pretty hard on the team to focus. We'll see though.

Texas can absolutely lose this game. They shouldn't, in my opinion, but it's definitely possible.

Either way, Hook'em!

I think it is a bit different this time around

first off this team is young, I think alot of times you get the letdown of being in a "lesser" bowl with a senior laden team, I think this core is getting their first taste of the BCS bowl as starters

Also, this team does still have a couple of goals to complete, this game is not a oh crap this bowl sucks and we have nothing to play for

IMO Texas AND OSU have alot to play for, some the same reasons, and some different reasons as well

my pick

UT 38 OSU 17

Necks_Fan
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
UT 38 OSU 17 Sounds good. I said 3 TD's as well.

Not willing to put money on it, but I think it's likely.

neck_06
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
gig em' horns! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Whew, bad 1st half for Texas, lucky to only be down by 3

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Whew, bad 1st half for Texas, lucky to only be down by 3

yes and no..had a chance to be tied or ahead but bad decision by Colt

Still think Texas wins, I have no basis for this, but I just think they are ok

Electus Unus
01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
A few first half notes....

-Greg Davis Needs to open up the playbook
-Colt McCoy should look to run a little more often when the lanes are there
-Take better angles on defense

Eagle 1
01-05-2009, 09:55 PM
I think it is a bit different this time around

first off this team is young, I think alot of times you get the letdown of being in a "lesser" bowl with a senior laden team, I think this core is getting their first taste of the BCS bowl as starters

Also, this team does still have a couple of goals to complete, this game is not a oh crap this bowl sucks and we have nothing to play for

IMO Texas AND OSU have alot to play for, some the same reasons, and some different reasons as well

my pick

UT 38 OSU 17

How's that working out?

Emerson1
01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
yes and no..had a chance to be tied or ahead but bad decision by Colt

Still think Texas wins, I have no basis for this, but I just think they are ok
GD needs to pretend there is 2 minutes left the rest of the game. No more stupid screens or passes behind the line of scrimmage

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
How's that working out?

one half UT hater, one half

shame..I rooted for TTech in the Cotton Bowl

Emerson1
01-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Eagle1 mysteriously appears. Will soon disappear if Texas takes the lead I bet

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
one half UT hater, one half

shame..I rooted for TTech in the Cotton Bowl ole miss owned tech, this is a close game, but it's entertaining to hear them chirp

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
ole miss owned tech, this is a close game, but it's entertaining to hear them chirp

Just sad

never understood "hating" a school..I like UT, but dont "hate" OU or A&M or TTech...Just want UT to beat them

Some(on both sides) IMO hate the opponent more than love their own school

Eagle 1
01-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Lets see. Colt McCoy throws an interception just before the half and shows his heisman abilities under pressure. If Ohio holds on to win this game then UT and Tech both end up at 11-2 this year. Guess who holds the tie breaker this time.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Lets see. Colt McCoy throws an interception just before the half and shows his heisman abilities under pressure. If Ohio holds on to win this game then UT and Tech both end up at 11-2 this year. Guess who holds the tie breaker this time.

uhh neither...season over, does not matter LOL

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Just sad

never understood "hating" a school..I like UT, but dont "hate" OU or A&M or TTech...Just want UT to beat them

Some(on both sides) IMO hate the opponent more than love their own school I'm pro Texas (state) but UT has the most haters out of the Texas teams

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Colt McCoy just waltzed into the endsone

WHS02
Go ahead and say what you want, it seems every game I watch Texas play the officials call stupid calls when it comes to hitsw on McCoy. Clean hit right to the shoulder pads and what happens. whistle whistle whistle, personal foul on the defense!!

Emerson1
Looked like that OSU player was so used to Pryor running out of bounds in practice he thought McCoy would to

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Lmao Eagle 1 is clear for take off!

Pick6
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Go ahead and say what you want, it seems every game I watch Texas play the officials call stupid calls when it comes to hitsw on McCoy. Clean hit right to the shoulder pads and what happens. whistle whistle whistle, personal foul on the defense!!

:bigcry:

orange machine
01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
That was a great drive.

WHS02
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Touchdown texas by the 26 year old still playing college footbal!!

King_LeYoeNidas
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
are those floodgates opening? lolol

King_LeYoeNidas
01-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Touchdown texas by the 26 year old still playing college footbal!!

you do know he didn't go straight to UT? Or are you just showing your intelligence?

WHS02
01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I dont care were he went, there are guys in the nfl that are 3 or 4 years younger then him. That is what I am saying

I_Do_Care
01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I dont care were he went, there are guys in the nfl that are 3 or 4 years younger then him. That is what I am saying
:bigcry: :bigcry:

I_Do_Care
01-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
are those floodgates opening? lolol in whs02 eyes lmao :rolleyes:

WHS02
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I bet for texas to win this game.

Emerson1
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I bet for texas to win this game.
Not because you wanted them to because you thought OSU sucked.

WHS02
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Colt McCoy is to good of a qb. Osu is decent but texas will win this game. My prediction was 21 to 10 though

King_LeYoeNidas
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
this is especially sweet because my sister felt that because she married a guy from Ohio who was a Buckeye, she needed to be a Buckeye fan even in this game. Now I get to "lol" at both of them.

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
:bigcry: :bigcry:

Originally posted by I_Do_Care
in whs02 eyes lmao :rolleyes:
Holy mess! Have you been hanging out with I_DONT_CARE????? :doh: :doh:

King_LeYoeNidas
01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Holy mess! Have you been hanging out with I_DONT_CARE????? :doh: :doh:

still sore over that Tech beatdown? :tisk:

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
still sore over that Tech beatdown? :tisk:
Nope - just commenting on his name since he's supposed to "care". :p

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I dont care were he went, there are guys in the nfl that are 3 or 4 years younger then him. That is what I am saying http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/01/02/0102texfoot.html

Maroon87
01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Dang what a game!:clap:

JasperDog94
01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Great game by Texas. They made plays when they had to.

BEST NON-BCS TITLE GAME WE'VE EVER HAD!!!:D :D :D

pirate4state
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
wow i really thought Texas was gonna screw that up! glad they proved me wrong! :D

BuffyMars
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Great game by Texas. They made plays when they had to.

BEST NON-BCS TITLE GAME WE'VE EVER HAD!!!:D :D :D

I prefer the win over Michigan myself

JasperDog94
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Go ahead and say what you want, it seems every game I watch Texas play the officials call stupid calls when it comes to hitsw on McCoy. Clean hit right to the shoulder pads and what happens. whistle whistle whistle, personal foul on the defense!! Say what you want but the rules are the rules. Both penalties came when guys got their hands up and hit Colt in the head. That is a penalty. If you don't like it then petition the NCAA to change the rule. Otherwise quit :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :)

JasperDog94
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I prefer the win over Michigan myself I wouldn't argue that.

JR2004
01-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I missed most of this game because I took a good friend out to dinner for her birthday, (You kinda figure out as you mature that people are more important than a football game.) but I did get home to see the final 10 minutes or so of the game. What an exciting finish for the Horns and an equally agonizing one for the Buckeyes.

One thing that I believe I can safely say that the Horns do better than any other team in the country is how well they run the 2 minute drill. Nobody in college football is better at it than UT and they showed that once again tonight.

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Well to me UT proved they are not as strong as they thought.
There should be no more talk for this 08 season about them deserving it more than USC the Trojans rocked the team that beat Ohio st. in conference play. UT is good though but not better than a USC,Flordia, and not more deserving than the Utes.

Boy the Big 12 south was very close to an 0-3.

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I told yall so.

Emerson1
01-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Texas teams 4-1 in bowl games with the only blemish being Texas Tech. If OU wins make it 5-1

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Penn St beat OSU like a month and a half ago, so when they got spanked by USC...... that means UT has no claim for a NC?

Okaaaayyyyyyyy..............:hand: :hand:

What's that thing we talk about? Team A beat Team B, so they should beat Team C ......:blahblah:

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Texas teams 4-1 in bowl games with the only blemish being Texas Tech. If OU wins make it 5-1 ..

Well I support that.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Texas teams 4-1 in bowl games with the only blemish being Texas Tech. If OU wins make it 5-1 How would an OU win make Texas teams 5-1?

I guess OU is in Texas now? :doh:

I know they recruit here.... but DANNNNGGGG!

Lol.

BuffyMars
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
There should be no more talk for this 08 season about them deserving it more than USC the Trojans rocked the team that beat Ohio st. in conference play. UT is good though but not better than a USC,Flordia, and not more deserving than the Utes.

Boy the Big 12 south was very close to an 0-3.

OSU did no have Wells at RB or Pryor starting at QB agianst USC

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 12:10 AM
How would an OU win make Texas teams 5-1?

I guess OU is in Texas now? :doh:

I know they recruit here.... but DANNNNGGGG!

Lol. UT-Norman Fool!

JasperDog94

Boy the Big 12 south was very close to an 0-3. It's interesting that all I see in your posts is :blahblah: :blahblah: I hate Texas :blahblah: :blahblah: Texas is terrible :blahblah: :blahblah: I'm so jealous...

I feel like I'm reading a script for a Charlie Brown episode.:p

WTF-82
Penn St beat OSU like a month and a half ago, so when they got spanked by USC...... that means UT has no claim for a NC?

Okaaaayyyyyyyy..............:hand: :hand:

What's that thing we talk about? Team A beat Team B, so they should beat Team C ......:blahblah:

SMART CALL

OHIO ST STRUGGLED AGAINST PURDUE.

LISTEN I AM NOT HATTING JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW TO WHAKE UP USC IS TEAM THAT GO ROBBED. AND UTAH WELL THEY DESERVE IT MORE.

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 12:11 AM
OSU did no have Wells at RB or Pryor starting at QB agianst USC Word.:cool:

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 12:11 AM

HAHAHAHA you really don't expect that to happen, do you? LOL

You better believe there will be talk. It will never go away. It's just what crazy fans do!

For me, I'm just glad they won. I don't care about split titles or any of that other crap. :)

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
SMART CALL

LISTEN I AM NOT HATTING JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW TO WHAKE UP USC IS TEAM THAT GO ROBBED. AND UTAH WELL THEY DESERVE IT MORE. and USC lost to an unranked opponent!

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
HAHAHAHA you really don't expect that to happen, do you? LOL

You better believe there will be talk. It will never go away. It's just what crazy fans do!

For me, I'm just glad they won. I don't care about split titles or any of that other crap. :) I wasn't overly excited about watching this game, but as the game went along I got more and more excited. By the end I think I was almost as excited as the two previous Rose Bowl wins.

Emerson1
SMART CALL

LISTEN I AM NOT HATTING JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW TO WHAKE UP USC IS TEAM THAT GO ROBBED. AND UTAH WELL THEY DESERVE IT MORE.
USC lost to Oregon State. Sorry just because it's USC doesn't mean they get a free pass for 1 loss a year. They should know by now that losing to crappy teams means you don't get in just because of the name on the jersey. Unless of course you are Florida

Necks_Fan
UT-Norman Fool! Just saying.

WTF-82
It's interesting that all I see in your posts is :blahblah: :blahblah: I hate Texas :blahblah: :blahblah: Texas is terrible :blahblah: :blahblah: I'm so jealous...

I feel like I'm reading a script for a Charlie Brown episode.:p

NO I HATE THE WAY SOME TEAMS GET RULED OUT EVERY YEAR LIKE A USC BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK PAC 10 CANT PLAY. I CHEERED FOR MANY TEXAS TEAMS INCLUDING TECH BUT I AM NOT AFRAID TO TELL YOU WHEN THEY GET SPANKED. MY ARGUMENT ALL YEAR IS MAINLY THAT THE BIG 12 IS GOOD BUT STILL MUCH WORK TO GO TO BE CONSIDERED THE TOP. UNDERSTAND NOW.

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 12:14 AM
and USC lost to an unranked opponent! Now now...let's not bring facts into ***'s argument.

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Just saying. at least you're stating something not asking a thousand questions!:p

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:16 AM
OSU did no have Wells at RB or Pryor starting at QB agianst USC

LOL!!! OU DID NOT HAVE THERE TOP LB AGAINST UT OR MURRY THE RB !!! LOL!!! LETS NOT START THAT!!!

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 12:16 AM
NO I HATE THE WAY SOME TEAMS GET RULED OUT EVERY YEAR LIKE A USC BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK PAC 10 CANT PLAY. I CHEERED FOR MANY TEXAS TEAMS INCLUDING TECH BUT I AM NOT AFRAID TO TELL YOU WHEN THEY GET SPANKED. MY ARGUMENT ALL YEAR IS MAINLY THAT THE BIG 12 IS GOOD BUT STILL MUCH WORK TO GO TO BE CONSIDERED THE TOP. UNDERSTAND NOW. Is the caps lock busted on your keyboard or what?:p

Texas lost to a top 10 team in Tech. USC lost to an unranked team.

Texas had a tougher schedule than USC. Why would USC get the nod over Texas?

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 12:17 AM
LOL!!! OU DID NOT HAVE THERE TOP LB AGAINST UT OR MURRY THE RB !!! LOL!!! LETS NOT START THAT!!! If we're playing that game then Texas didn't have Orakpo for part of the Tech game and didn't have Cosby the entire game...and we all saw how valuable Cosby was tonight.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
If we're playing that game then Texas didn't have Orakpo for part of the Tech game and didn't have Cosby the entire game...and we all saw how valuable Cosby was tonight. 14 catches 170 somehting yards and 2 TD's.

I'd say that's valuable..... and the top defensive player in all of college football......:thinking:

I'd say that maybe, just maybe might have affected the horns a little bit...... But then again, what do I know?

Gobbler Fan
01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
All this talk about Texas not being very good ....just remember everyone thought Texas was a year away they were supposed to lose a few games this season or so said all the experts . This team played lights out all year and earned all the accolades they are getting . Texas will be even better next year thats what all you non-Texas fans should worry about .:taunt:

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Is the caps lock busted on your keyboard or what?:p

Texas lost to a top 10 team in Tech. USC lost to an unranked team.

Texas had a tougher schedule than USC. Why would USC get the nod over Texas?

Are you serious. Tech lost to Ole Miss dont tell me you think they are top 10 team. And USC never loses to anyone other than Vince Young outside the Pac-10

Emerson1
01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Are you serious. Tech lost to Ole Miss dont tell me you think they are top 10 team. And USC never loses to anyone other than Vince Young outside the Pac-10
But they lose to Oregon State and Stanford in conference.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:23 AM
USC sucks.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:24 AM
In related news...... McCoy threw for a career high in yardage.

:clap:

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
But they lose to Oregon State and Stanford in conference. Stanford lmao...owned

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
v
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
All this talk about Texas not being very good ....just remember everyone thought Texas was a year away they were supposed to lose a few games this season or so said all the experts . This team played lights out all year and earned all the accolades they are getting . Texas will be even better next year thats what all you non-Texas fans should worry about .:taunt:

I agree with you there I do think they are good and will be better next year. Just dont think they are better than my top 3 with exception of Utah but Utes deserve more. But are very good.

my Polls
BCS
1.Flordia,USC,,Utah,Texas,OU. (Flordia will win this one automatic title in bcs game. I put ut here in front due to win on field)

my AP poll.
Utah,USC,Flordia,Texas,OU(Utah only because they deserve it)

Emerson1
01-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Is "Flordia" an insult or something?

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:30 AM
If we're playing that game then Texas didn't have Orakpo for part of the Tech game and didn't have Cosby the entire game...and we all saw how valuable Cosby was tonight.

But he was in when Tech was scoring in first half.

TMer25
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
LOL!!! OU DID NOT HAVE THERE TOP LB AGAINST UT OR MURRY THE RB !!! LOL!!! LETS NOT START THAT!!!

Actually Murray did play, just not well. I believe 7 carries for 6 yards was his line against Texas.

eagles_victory
01-06-2009, 12:32 AM
about them deserving it more than USC the Trojans rocked the team that beat Ohio st. in conference play. Last I checked USC was in the Pac 10 and Ohio St. the Big 10 so are you sure that is conference.

LOL!!! OU DID NOT HAVE THERE TOP LB AGAINST UT OR MURRY THE RB !!! LOL!!! LETS NOT START THAT!!! The game I watched MURRAY played maybe you saw a different one?

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
But he was in when Tech was scoring in first half.
Why are we even talking about TTU/UT game?

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Last I checked USC was in the Pac 10 and Ohio St. the Big 10 so are you sure that is conference.

The game I watched MURRAY played maybe you saw a different one?

Hello Decoy tried to make a go but was hurt. Come on.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Last I checked USC was in the Pac 10 and Ohio St. the Big 10 so are you sure that is conference.

The game I watched MURRAY played maybe you saw a different one? I think he was referring to PSU/ USC and PSU/ OSU games.

And, yea. I'm pretty sure Murray played.... and that LB meant nothing. The horns knocked him out. Tough $#^&.

eagles_victory
01-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Hello Decoy tried to make a go but was hurt. Come on. Dont give me that decoy crap if he is good enough to go and didnt get injuried in the course of the game then he is there. Its football noone is going to be 100 percent.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Hello Decoy tried to make a go but was hurt. Come on. You may be right.

I just looked it up. Murray played, but onlay had 7 carries for 6 yds. Ineffective.

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 12:40 AM
How's that working out? well!:clap:

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:40 AM

The game I watched MURRAY played maybe you saw a different one?

USC beat Big 10 champs in
Rose bowl and Ohio ST. in reg season by big numbers. Penn ST beat Ohio St . Ohio St. played UT till the end and lost in last seconds good job UT in the comeback great drive but.

USC 35
Texas 10

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Dont give me that decoy crap if he is good enough to go and didnt get injuried in the course of the game then he is there. Its football noone is going to be 100 percent.

Right , Right.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:43 AM
USC beat Big 10 champs in
Rose bowl and Ohio ST. in reg season by big numbers. Penn ST beat Ohio St . Ohio St. played UT till the end and lost in last seconds good job UT in the comeback great drive but.

USC 35
Texas 10 Isn'tt hat what people said before VY and the Horns beat USC?

We'll never know, but atleast the Horns can say they lost to the then #1 team in the land.

USC lost to then something like #45 team in the land.

Good job.:)

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I will say this though

Longhorns they do step up and make plays to win big games

Mihigan Rose,USC Rose,OU game in 08,Tech drive in the end that almost gave them the W and lastFiesta Drive this year from Colt. NO choke in UT they play there best all the time credit that to great Texas,High School Football and the Ut staff.

The great VYoung started that stuff.

Its all about the ND

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Isn'tt hat what people said before VY and the Horns beat USC?

We'll never know, but atleast the Horns can say they lost to the then #1 team in the land.

USC lost to then something like #45 team in the land.

Good job.:)

I dont understand they lost to the #1 team in the land. In 08 they only lost to Tech. Help me out.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-06-2009, 01:03 AM
How about instead bickering about inconsequential (sp?) things, we all agree

1) That was a GREAT game played by both teams.
2) Pryor is good; not great yet, but definitely has the ability to become great.
3) Great win by Texas over another solid TOP TEN program.

done and done. Goodnight.

Emerson1
01-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Robert Griffin > Terrelle Pryor

kaorder1999
01-06-2009, 01:06 AM
yeah...i think Griffin is better too

JR2004
01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Robert Griffin > Terrelle Pryor

I think Pryor is going to be very good.

Griffin, however, is already very good and has a chance to be great. There's no QB in college football right now that I enjoy watching more than Griffin. It'd be scary to think about what Griffin could accomplish if he had the talent around him that the established schools in the Big XII have like UT or OU. I think we'll be hearing an awful lot about Griffin and Kendall Wright over the next three years.

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 01:17 AM
How about instead bickering about inconsequential (sp?) things, we all agree

1) That was a GREAT game played by both teams.
2) Pryor is good; not great yet, but definitely has the ability to become great.
3) Great win by Texas over another solid TOP TEN program.

done and done. Goodnight.

Sounds good. But what is funny to me is no.3 solid top ten program couple of weeks ago everyone was saying blowout against Ohio St. and the weak Big 10 conference. No one the Big 10 could even compete with the buttom of the Big 12 conference.
Funny. You dont have to answer I just think its funny.

Florida and OU thursday that will be fun can wait.

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yeah...i think Griffin is better too

Lots better and far more advanced in the system Pryor is very limited in what they will alow him to do lots of work still for Pryor.

I_Do_Care
01-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Sounds good. But what is funny to me is no.3 solid top ten program couple of weeks ago everyone was saying blowout against Ohio St. and the weak Big 10 conference. No one the Big 10 could even compete with the buttom of the Big 12 conference.
Funny. You dont have to answer I just think its funny.

Florida and OU thursday that will be fun can wait. lmao you only look at the variables that suit you, on that point, WHO in the nation believed Oregon St Would beat USC, many people believed Tech could beat Texas. USC did their annual choke job and it cost em, get your head out their Anoose. ALL is speculation, you're as wrong as you are right. Playoffs will end all this.

themsu97
01-06-2009, 08:39 AM
***, pulling chains to rile people again I see...

USC does not have the power running game that OSU has... big difference... UT would obviously prepare differently...
OSU is better now that when they first played USC and when they played Penn State, biggest reason is Pryor...

I would have to admit that a UT/USC game would be great to watch... but I would very seriously doubt that USC would win by that much...
UT thrives in track meets...

you are comparing apples to oranges...

btw, USC could lose at Tech, Texas would not lose at Corvallis...

Phil C
01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
What a game. I knew Ohio State would be fired up and play a good game. Obviously they played their best game of the year like Tech did against Texas. Too bad Texas Tech and Oklahoma State had meltdowns and in the bowls weren't the same teams they were at midseason but that happens.
If Ohio State had played like that against USC that would have been an extremely close game too and they would have beat Penn State. They were really fired up for their seniors. Way to go Horns! Few teams would have beat Ohio State last night.
Lots of arguing over No 1 now but any NC is an MNC. What we really need is a playoff system with at least the top 12 teams.

Dieselsmoke
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
UT fans trying to convince OU fans, USC fans trying to convince UT fans, Florida fans trying to convince Utah fans, UT fans trying to convince......................ND fan?????

Everyone has their loyalties until they have a playoff system you can never say for sure who is the best, or convince someone who doesn't support your team!!! I think "they" like it this way, everyone can claim their right to a piece of the NC throught the "IF" system.

*IMO they= bowl committees, and television executives.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I dont understand they lost to the #1 team in the land. In 08 they only lost to Tech. Help me out. TTU became the #1 team when they beat UT, correct?

Oregon State was ranked as high as what, 16?:doh:

ronwx5x
01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
TTU became the #1 team when they beat UT, correct?

#2 if I remember correctly.

DDBooger
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM

Oregon State was ranked as high as what, 16?:doh: they won 3-0 vs pitt :)

forum_guy
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
all i can say is wasnt everyone sayin it was a joke that ohio state made a bcs game and then ut barely won by a stupid def. call to bring up the linebackers

Emerson1
01-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
all i can say is wasnt everyone sayin it was a joke that ohio state made a bcs game and then ut barely won by a stupid def. call to bring up the linebackers
Didn't UT drive 60 or so yards before the scoring play?

forum_guy
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
yea on an avg. big 10 team

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
OSU played out of their minds.

Congrats on making it a close game.

The Horns were and are the better team.

eagles_victory
01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
UT did a lot better then the last Big 12 representive in the Fiesta Bowl vs a 2 loss team. A win is a win remember the Ohio St national title team from 03 barely beat a lot of people but all that matters in that you win.

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Next year, the Horns will be the real "McCoy."

:D

Is Orakpo done in Austin?

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
all i can say is wasnt everyone sayin it was a joke that ohio state made a bcs game and then ut barely won by a stupid def. call to bring up the linebackers i went back and searched to make sure i wasn't part of "everyone" and in my search, i didn't find anyone on this board using those exact words, but they did make some bold predictions that would lead one to believe that they felt OSU being in a bcs game was a joke :thinking:

"barely winning" beats losing any day

Emerson1
01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Next year, the Horns will be the real "McCoy."

:D

Is Orakpo done in Austin?
Yep. The entire starting Dline is done as they are seniors.

JR2004
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
i went back and searched to make sure i wasn't part of "everyone" and in my search, i didn't find anyone on this board using those exact words, but they did make some bold predictions that would lead one to believe that they felt OSU being in a bcs game was a joke :thinking:

"barely winning" beats losing any day

I'll say that I didn't expect it to come down to the final 20 seconds of the game. Playing Ohio State did worry me though because they were getting trashed in the press and told they didn't belong. Throw in that last night was Boeckman's final chance to play for the Buckeyes and the game was very problematic for UT or anyone else who would've played them.

I guess if I had just jogged my memory and remembered how the last two BCS games went for UT I should've expected another down to the wire finish. No matter who wins those games are more exciting to watch anyways.

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
yea on an avg. big 10 team Now I'm not saying that the Big 11 (learn to count) is a great conference, but Ohio State finished 2nd in their conference. 2nd out of 11 is not average. That would be above average at worst.:hand:

WTF-82
01-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Wrong

JasperDog94
01-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Wrong ***...just read my signature and you'll feel much better.;)

Necks_Fan
01-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Wrong Ok. so they became the #2 team.

Last time I checked, that's still much more impressive than being unranked like USC's opponent.

20loboes10
01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
USC has all the talent in the world and usually destroys the teams they play in their bowl games but they always slip up during the regular season and lose to an unranked team which keeps them out of the National Championship. I honestly believed Penn State had no chance of winning the game agianst USC. I also believe that if USC played Texas they would destroy them. I do think that the Big 12 is the strongest conference by far but USC is the best team.

IHStangFan
01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Way to go UT!! Representing the Big 12 well!!! SOMEBODY'S got to!!

:clap:

NastySlot
01-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
USC has all the talent in the world and usually destroys the teams they play in their bowl games but they always slip up during the regular season and lose to an unranked team which keeps them out of the National Championship. I honestly believed Penn State had no chance of winning the game agianst USC. I also believe that if USC played Texas they would destroy them. I do think that the Big 12 is the strongest conference by far but USC is the best team.

i think most people tend to overlook the fact that osu is better then most give them credit for......they have also had their way sc the past few years.....didn't sc once need a late punt ret. by reggie bush to beat them.

BTownVBall3
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
The entire D-line is not gone. Ulatoski is a junior. Take a look at their depth chart. Texas has quite an abundance of D lineman.

Emerson1
01-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
The entire D-line is not gone. Ulatoski is a junior. Take a look at their depth chart. Texas has quite an abundance of D lineman.
The entire starting D line is graduating.

BTownVBall3
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Miller, Orakpo and Melton are graduating..Not their entire D-line

Emerson1
01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Miller, Orakpo and Melton are graduating..Not their entire D-line
+ Aaron Lewis

BTownVBall3
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
2009-5 Star Alex Okafor DE, 4 Star Howell, Johnson DT
2008-4 Star Humphrey, Randall DT
2007-4 Star Carter DE, Jones DT

Emerson1
01-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, you just need to use some simple logic. When someone says that a teams entire line, secondary, offense ect is going to be gone. That doesn't mean every single player, it means the starters. You don't say "Ya our entire offense is leaving" and mean that you will be playing only defense next season. Been that way for a while now.

Common Sense, you should read the book or stick to volleyball

BTownVBall3
01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Don't make a statement implying that their D-line next year is going to be garbage. Losing 2 defensive linemen that will be missed, what premiere team isn't.

DDBooger
01-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Don't make a statement implying that their D-line next year is going to be garbage. Losing 2 defensive linemen that will be missed, what premiere team isn't. I don't think he was implying that they would be garbage. Just graduating lot of players.

Emerson1
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Necks_fan asked if Orakpo was done, and I told him that he is and so is the rest of the starting defensive line.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-07-2009, 03:50 PM

Ulatoski is O-line, not D.

Emerson1
01-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Ulatoski is O-line, not D.
Ha, I didn't even catch that.

Necks_Fan
01-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Ulatoski is O-line, not D. I wa goign to say that also.

VBall... What are you talking about.

He NEVER said the D line was going to be garbage.

I asked if Orakpo was done. He said yes as well as the rest of the STARTING D line.

Then you come out of nowhere talking gibberish that is totally wrong.

The ENTIRE STARTING D line IS graduating... and nobody said they would be garbage next year. I'm sure thye have VERY capable players to step in.

WTF-82
01-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Do any of the graduating senior d-lineman have a possible 5th year if they were to apply for it and NCAA would grant.

Also I know Colt is senior next year but is he a 5th year senior I believe so he did get redshirted his "Freshmen year I believe just wondering if anyone new for a fact. I am pretty sure he was with the team when V Young was a red shirt Junior the year they won the title.

LH Panther Mom
01-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Also I know Colt is senior next year but is he a 5th year senior I believe so he did get redshirted his "Freshmen year I believe just wondering if anyone new for a fact. I am pretty sure he was with the team when V Young was a red shirt Junior the year they won the title.
He's used 3 years of eligibility & was a red-shirt freshman starter the 2006 season.

Phil C
01-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Gee with all this talk about USC being the best team in the land leads it to be evidently credible. Just last night I was watching the rerun of the 2006 Rose Bowl between USC until about 6min42 left in the game when USC got that touchdown and went ahead 38 to 26. In disappointing disgust I turned off the tv and went to bed since there is no way UT could come from behind that many points against a great USC team and win especially with the time left. :(

JR2004
01-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Gee with all this talk about USC being the best team in the land leads it to be evidently credible. Just last night I was watching the rerun of the 2006 Rose Bowl between USC until about 6min42 left in the game when USC got that touchdown and went ahead 38 to 26. In disappointing disgust I turned off the tv and went to bed since there is no way UT could come from behind that many points against a great USC team and win especially with the time left. :(

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
01-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Do any of the graduating senior d-lineman have a possible 5th year if they were to apply for it and NCAA would grant.

No, Shipley is the only one getting a special extra year.