PDA

View Full Version : Who wins Super Bowl XXXXIII?

SHSBulldog00
01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Who will win Super Bowl XXXXIII in Tampa?

Looking4number8
01-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't know if I can vote in this one. I am afraid Philly or NY has the best shot the way they are playing right now but I hate both teams. I can't vote for them.

If you would have put this poll up yesterday, Indy would have gotten my vote..... shows how much I know!

Orange Defense
01-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I voted for the Giants cause I think they have the best shot right now, but my heart wants the Vikings (Adrian Peterson) to win it now that the Colts are out.

Necks_Fan
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I like Pittsburgh.

They have the #1 defense across the board and a QB who has been there and won the big one already.

The Steelers seem like the logical choice to me for SB XLIII Champs.

Trashman
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Anybody but the dirty green birds or little manning. I would prefer Miami (makes a fool out of Jerry) or San Diego (LaDainian Tomlinson), probably won't happen though.:(

DDBooger
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Baltimore's defense is so good. I just think eventually someone will force Baltimore to win with Flacco and they'll lose as a result of the ineptitude of the offense as has been the case for quite some time. That being said, Flacco looks to be the future for this org. and they haven't felt like that about qb in a while. (or ever:thinking: )

Footballhudini
01-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Titans should win it all
and it won't even be close tbh

Necks_Fan
01-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
Titans should win it all
and it won't even be close tbh Doubt it.

The way they were playing early, yes.

The way they have been playing lately, no.

Footballhudini
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Doubt it.

The way they were playing early, yes.

The way they have been playing lately, no.

so they took a couple weeks off and lost some meaningless games.
it's a decoy. it's been in the bag since the beginning.
if young wasn't hurt they'd've probly gone 14-2. jmo but...

TITANS 44
EAGLES 22

SUPER SUNDAY = TITANS

thx

BullsFan
01-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I voted for the Chargers because I want them to win, but really so long as it isn't the Giants or especially the Eagles I don't care.

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Kurt Warner rises like the Phoenix from the ashes to lead Arizona to a win.

PHS Wildcats
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
:clap: STEELERS:clap:

cshscougar08
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Kurt Warner rises like the Phoenix from the ashes to lead Arizona to a win.

He couldn't beat the Panthers in Charlotte during the regular season and he sure as heck won't in the playoffs. Panthers have never lost at home in the playoffs and have won every game at home this year.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
He couldn't beat the Panthers in Charlotte during the regular season and he sure as heck won't in the playoffs. Panthers have never lost at home in the playoffs and have won every game at home this year.

yea and last year Dallas beat the Giants twice in convincing fashion

I do think Carolina wins, but I dont think Zona will be an easy win.

34-31 Carolina

cshscougar08
01-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh me neither. It's the playoffs. Nothing is easy.

pirate4state
01-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I really like Carolina

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I really like Carolina

I just dont trust the QB play if their run game is slowed down

for every great pass to Steve Smith, Delhomme will throw many Romo passes

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Just thought I'd point out that XXXXIII is not a roman numeral.:nerd:

cshscougar08
01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I completely just Jake. When the Panthers were in the Super Bowl against the Patriots, Stephen Davis was bottled up all night. But still, they came within a stupid kickoff out of bounds of winning that game. All Delhomme.

pirate4state
01-05-2009, 06:35 PM

for every great pass to Steve Smith, Delhomme will throw many Romo passes

I "hear" what you're saying, but I trust him more than I do Flacco, Collins & McNabb! :eek: Heck, all the QBs still in have been known to throw up ill advised passes!! :p

It will come down to defense, as we all know, and all the remaining teams, save for maybe Arizona and with their performance Saturday you have to wonder if maybe they aren't hitting a peak, have pretty damn good defenses!

How would you rate them?

Pittsburgh (1)
Philadelphia (4)
Carolina (6)
Tennessee (3)
Arizona (8)
NY Giants (5)
San Diego (7)
Baltimore (2)

:nerd: :D

Why do I like Carolina? :confused: :crazy1: I mean, I've got them ranked 6th out of 8 remaining, but, but...there is just something about them...

I forget about the Titans. I love Jeff Fisher, but I don't know that I trust Collins to get it done. I'd love it if they would get Vince in the game, not as QB, but lined up in the backfield with Collins. :cool:

I'm just rambling now, don't mind me! :D

Keith7
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Philadelphia whooped the Steelers earlier this season..

I think Philly has the best chance.. besides the chargers, they are the hottest team right now and their defense is as good as anybody..

They will be a force in the playoffs

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

I think Philly has the best chance.. besides the chargers, they are the hottest team right now and their defense is as good as anybody..

They will be a force in the playoffs

Do you think Philly has a chance cause ur a fan or for valid football reasons?

I think they got a perfect match up agianst Vikes with a QB who is shaky and young

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Do you think Philly has a chance cause ur a fan or for valid football reasons?

I think they got a perfect match up agianst Vikes with a QB who is shaky and young and he said nobody wanted to play the Eagles before they were humbled by D.C. go figure! :)
NY wins by 10+

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I voted for the Chargers because I want them to win
I don't really care who wins, but I enjoyed watching them this weekend. I was a little disappointed in their OL, but maybe it was that the Colts defense was playing lights out. I was glad to see them win, and hopefully LT & Gates can get some healing done before the next game.

Necks_Fan
01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The Steelers seem like the logical choice to me for SB XLIII Champs.

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Just thought I'd point out that XXXXIII is not a roman numeral.:nerd: I had already caught that. Hehe....

;)

BullsFan
01-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't really care who wins, but I enjoyed watching them this weekend. I was a little disappointed in their OL, but maybe it was that the Colts defense was playing lights out. I was glad to see them win, and hopefully LT & Gates can get some healing done before the next game.

I agree--I really really want LT back in the game, whole and healthy. He and Sproles together could be a lethal combination.

And yes, I thought that was an awesome game as well.

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I agree--I really really want LT back in the game, whole and healthy. He and Sproles together could be a lethal combination.

And yes, I thought that was an awesome game as well.
Sproles was mightly impressive!

On a side note, I fell asleep right after OT started and missed it. :mad: :doh:

WHS02
01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Not the Dallas Cowgirls!! HA HA HA, I know they weren't in the playoffs but it doesnt matter. The cowboys are embarassing to watch.
Also defintely not my Texans either!!!

pirate4state
01-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

They will be a force in the playoffs chargers don't look so hot right now :dispntd:

eagles got it done today...look out kurt warner :eek:

piratebg
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Pennsylvania Super Bowl anyone???

pirate4state
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Pennsylvania Super Bowl anyone??? nope, i think Baltimore will take care of the Steelers

PHS Wildcats
01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
nope, i think Baltimore will take care of the Steelers

WRONG!!!!!:D

waterboy
01-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I think it'll be Philadelphia and Baltimore in the Super Bowl, with the Eagles winning it. Kinda funny, the last two Cowboy opponents who both had a hand in knocking them out of the playoffs are playing in the Super Bowl.:thinking:

Lion_Addict
01-12-2009, 09:00 AM
As much as I hate to say it.........Pittsburgh is gonna be this year's Champs :( . They'll take care of Baltimore in a smash mouth, hard hitting, close game. And neither Philly or the Cards will able to handle 'em in the Super Bowl. Crappy ending to the season indeed :doh: :mad: .

pirate4state
01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
WRONG!!!!!:D

We'll see! :D

I do like Tomlin though so it won't hurt my feelings if the Steelers win.

latticat21
01-12-2009, 11:14 AM
RAVENS WIN!!

Defense wins championships!!:devil:

LH QB 12
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Steelers vs. Eagles

im gonna have to go with the Eagles they are playing great football lately.

Trashman
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
A lot has changed since the last time Arazona and the Dirty Birds played. This time Dirty Birds crash and burn.:D